Page 2 of 18 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV - Upgrade, Legacy and More

FFXIV - Upgrade, Legacy and More

Stupid me

i hate to be a bother but i am a new member of the sqare enix site and in my over excitment at having a code to get into the FFXIV ARR i used it before making my account and now is invalid when i try to attach it to my account, it is a valid card since the game was brand new when bought so no prblm there, is there a way to fix this or contact support, thx for any feedback

My friend was looking through his box of games and found a collectors edition of Final Fantasy XIV and gave it to me. I was curious if there was any benefit to having unused codes for the origianl now that A Realm reborn is coming out. I know they have locked account creation and code redemption, but I was curious if when things go live again would there be a reason to hold on to those unused codes? Are the codes completly useless now?

I've also been wondering this as I purchased the collectors edition before FFXIV launched & cancelled my account 3 weeks after launch due to the game's condition. I was hoping that I would get something out of it myself, as well.

Although the box does look nice on the shelf above my desk. [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif[/img]

Apparently, those of us who purchased FFXIV 1.0 will be able to DL ARR for free. This is excellent news if it is true.

I have to admit that I am impressed with the way SE has handled what was a negative situation, turning it into something that MMO players are getting excited about again.

I look forward to future details.

So i bought the CE of 14 when it came out and played it for a few months. some stuff happened i stopped playing and im now returning to see this new 14 beta. so my question is what is happening to us original players? do we have to rebuy a new game? do we get dibs on beta stuff? tried looking it up and havent been able to find anything, just like rumors.

Originally Posted by dracoparadox
    So i bought the CE of 14 when it came out and played it for a few months. some stuff happened i stopped playing and im now returning to see this new 14 beta. so my question is what is happening to us original players? do we have to rebuy a new game? do we get dibs on beta stuff? tried looking it up and havent been able to find anything, just like rumors.
    People that bought the game and already have accounts should be able to download the game again for free. I don't think they've said yet exactly how you go about doing this though, because we're still in the middle of the ARR beta. They've also said people who bought the Crystal Edition should be getting the items from the ARR Crystal Edition. You won't get the 'early access' to ARR unless you preorder a CE copy of A Realm Reborn or are one of the Legacy Members who paid for XIV during the transitional period, but you should still get the items/a download of the game. More details will be released as we get closer to launch.

so i guess i would be considered a legacy member. at least i hope. guess il see how it all pans out. sucks tho because ive been itching to play some 14 really bad. maybe il see if i cant bring my 11 back up

Originally Posted by dracoparadox

so i guess i would be considered a legacy member. at least i hope. guess il see how it all pans out. sucks tho because ive been itching to play some 14 really bad. maybe il see if i cant bring my 11 back up

That would depend on how long you paid for the game's service, and when you paid for it. It sounds like you quit really early, since you didn't even know about ARR. in November 2011, after the game had been free-to-play for about a year following the failed first release, the game went back to a by-subscription basis as they prepared for the reinvented 'A Realm Reborn' version. In early 2012 they revealed their Legacy program, which would allow anyone who paid for at least three months of service up untuil the 1.0 (original XIV) version shut down to achieve a special Legacy status for their account. The company pasted banners and advertisements all across the net, and sent out tons of emails regarding the program. The perks for achieving Legacy status were a guaranteed spot somewhere in the closed Beta, a permanently discounted subscription fee for ARR (three or four dollars less I believe), and a Chocobo mount. This has been extended to include the 8-day early access I believe, but I'm not sure. It really doesn't matter too much, as the period between the open Beta and the game's release isn't likely to be very long.

I remember reading that only legacy members would be getting a discounted monthly fee somewhere and you had to be a paying customer for 90 days between some certain dates.

To me that just feels like they are turning their backs on everyone who even bought the game the first time to try it. There's no way I'm gonna pay anything more than someone else monthly for the game after supporting them the first time, even if it wasn't during those specific dates.

Everyone who had an original account before reborn is a part of their legacy whether or not they admit it or not. You wanna show the people who were with you all the way up till the last minute some special service then give them something in game that shows it, not a smaller monthly fee.

I dunno still feel somewhat betrayed, its possible that what I read wasn't even true. I think I remember reading something about a specialized chocobo mount too.

I also heard that anyone who played FFXI for a certain amount of time wasn't allowed in the reborn beta. I signed up for the reborn beta, I may have just not been selected and I'm OK with that... But if the ffxi statement is true, thats pretty dumb... Why turn your back on loyal customers like that?

I got alot to say but this thread probably isn't the place to say it all, probably won't amount to anything really either.

Originally Posted by Mycow8me

I remember reading that only legacy members would be getting a discounted monthly fee somewhere and you had to be a paying customer for 90 days between some certain dates.

To me that just feels like they are turning their backs on everyone who even bought the game the first time to try it. There's no way I'm gonna pay anything more than someone else monthly for the game after supporting them the first time, even if it wasn't during those specific dates.

Everyone who had an original account before reborn is a part of their legacy whether or not they admit it or not. You wanna show the people who were with you all the way up till the last minute some special service then give them something in game that shows it, not a smaller monthly fee.

I dunno still feel somewhat betrayed, its possible that what I read wasn't even true. I think I remember reading something about a specialized chocobo mount too.

I also heard that anyone who played FFXI for a certain amount of time wasn't allowed in the reborn beta. I signed up for the reborn beta, I may have just not been selected and I'm OK with that... But if the ffxi statement is true, thats pretty dumb... Why turn your back on loyal customers like that?

I got alot to say but this thread probably isn't the place to say it all, probably won't amount to anything really either.

As I said above, Legacy members get a discounted monthly price. However, the ARR team has always had chunk payment plans (3 months, 6 months, a year) on the table, where paying for so much at a time results in a discounted price. The exact pricings haven't been decided, but to my knowledge legacy members aren't getting any discounts on chunk pricing. So, say you could purchase two years for $200 (made up numbers, obviously). A Legacy and regular member would both have to pay $200. The discount is, according to current information, for the by-month price only.

They are not turning their backs on you, not at all. They asked people to start paying for the service, and eventually instituted the Legacy program as both a reward for those who were already paying and an incentive for new players to sign up and pay for the 1.0 version of the game. Again, as I said above the team advertised this across many websites and sent out emails to most (if not all) of the accounts which were tied to the 1.0 version promoting this special offer. All of the rewards were made known up front, and as long as you paid for 90s days (3 months) of service you got the Legacy status. They even allowed people to show up and buy 90 days of service right up to the last day of the promotion (just before 1.0 ended); You didn't even have to actually play. Anyone who bought 1.0 is supposed to get a digital copy of ARR for free, too, so if someone bought the game and then didn't pay for the service later they're still getting the game. They're not being cheated out of anything if they chose not to participate.

Legacy members are getting a Chocobo mount, but there are no details on whether this mount has special stats or a unique look. As far as is currently known, they simply get to have a Chocobo without doing the quest to earn a Chocobo. It's possible that this isn't even for all of your characters, as the details haven't been finalized as far as Square Enix has made us aware.

The thing about FFXI is absolutely not true. I'm a beta tester myself, and I played XI for a little under a year. I've seen scores of people on the beta forums who are longtime XI players, at least one of which feels the need to tell people constantly about how they "have been playing XI for over 7 years" and complain that XIV isn't enough like XI. The beta testing pools are decided pretty much at random, but are based partly the specs of your PC and (if what I'm told is true) your physical location. They try to make sure they've got as diverse a pool as possible, but otherwise there's no particular damning factors that I know of.

And yes, this thread is probably not the place to post your thoughts. It's a simple question thread, and the mods here are pretty strict about going off topic. I'd suggest you make your own thread if you need to have your opinions heard, and not respond here.

The dev. team has already announced that owners of the original CE box will be receiving a nifty-looking horned helm reminiscent of Final Fantasy I in A Realm Reborn. I believe we also get to keep our stupid Onion Helms, as useless as they were.

People keep complaining about the Legacy benefits unavailable to them, but the whole idea of the Legacy campaign was to drum up support for a very obviously struggling game. If you couldn't even be bothered to support the game through its roughest times (and it seriously did suck then, I only did it because I wanted to get the holiday items and Goobue mount... like all I ever did was craft b/c it was so bad up until about 1.18) why should they accord you the same rewards as those who did?

As for the rumor about FFXI playtime affecting the beta stuff, I highly doubt that's true at all. I've had an active account on XI for over 7 years and I still got into the alpha. (My beta privileges were automatic with my Legacy status).

Originally Posted by Kleptobrainiac
    Apparently, those of us who purchased FFXIV 1.0 will be able to DL ARR for free. This is excellent news if it is true. I have to admit that I am impressed with the way SE has handled what was a negative situation, turning it into something that MMO players are getting excited about again. I look forward to future details.

You are correct, that has been confirmed as true

Originally Posted by Kuraikoto

Fusionx says:

"The press release sent to media outlets-
    Set for an August 27, 2013 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and $29.99 for Windows PC. The Collector's Edition will be available for $79.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and the PC version will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts. Monthly subscriptions for new accounts start at $12.99. PC specs for final product may change; please refer to the preorder website for details."

This was posted on Amazon discussions regarding the Physical PC CE. I can't post on the FFXIV forum so I'm posting this here. Is this true? Will retailers not be allowed to sell physical CE pre-orders on the PC? I seen at least one EU site selling them so I'd like to confirm/deny this information.

If anyone can ask on the FFXIV forums, I'd appreciate a link/response.

What?

make your own post

Originally Posted by DIRTH

What?

make your own post

Happy now?

If you can't understand the post, I can't help you with that but thanks for being of no assitance and being an ass. I didn't want to create a thread outside of the FFXIV forums so posted on one with a topic involving the FFXIV:ARR CE.

The Legacy perks should be extended to those who purchased the original collector's edition regardless of subscription time/dates.

Yeah, I've the collector’s edition but I can't find anything about what happans to us

You get the four in-game items included in the 2.0 CE (warrior of light helmet, coerul mount, behemoth chocobo barding, and behemoth minion *non-combat pet*).

You aren't going to get Legacy and asking for it will cause a storm of angry people calling you entitled. The best you can hope for is the option to buy into legacy like they are doing with the CE upgrade.

Sources:

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/...

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ &nb... [See pricing/platforms]

I do understand what you are saying, I am going to buy the new collectors anyway because I would like the artbook and the other bonuses as well. The cost for the original collectors exceeds the 3 months half price subscription price that qualified you for Legacy. I feel that this should be taken in for consideration, that is all.

Originally Posted by Vizard85
    I do understand what you are saying, I am going to buy the new collectors anyway because I would like the artbook and the other bonuses as well. The cost for the original collectors exceeds the 3 months half price subscription price that qualified you for Legacy. I feel that this should be taken in for consideration, that is all.
    Also early invite, and not for us older CE i take it.

Right, early access is for Legacy and pre-orders.

Yea, I have the 1.0 Collectors Edition
    What is the Legacy perk?

Legacy Members got into the early phases of the closed beta quicker, get early access to the game, and a reduced subscription fee. They'll also be getting a Chocobo, but no details have been given on that. It sounds like Legacy members just won't have to do any kind of quest to get one, or won't have to spend their gil on it. (As the way to get a Chocobo by any player also hasn't really been mentioned)

I Know that you are not allowed to play on the PS3 if you have the PC version, but if you buy the PS3 version can you jsut downlaod the patcher and play on the PC, ordo you have to pay a system activation code? And how much would that cost? Thanks for the help, asking before I preorder.

I believe that is separate in differences versions.

You can play one account on either the PC or PS3 provided you have copies for both of them.

Page 2 of 18 First First 12345612 ... Last