Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... Last

Thread: FFXIV - Upgrade, Legacy and More

FFXIV - Upgrade, Legacy and More

FFXIV - Upgrade, Legacy and More

"PS4" Upgrade Campaign

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn PlayStation®4 Upgrade Campaign
    Users currently playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn on PlayStation®3 are eligible to upgrade to the PlayStation®4 version starting April 11, 2014.
    * Purchase of the PlayStation®4 version is not required to upgrade. Please be aware that after transferring to the PlayStation®4 you will be unable to play using your current copy of the PlayStation®3 version.
    * Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
    * Users may upgrade free of charge via the Mog Station.
    * Users must first register the PlayStation®3 version to their FINAL FANTASY XIV service account before upgrading.
    * Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation®4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
    * All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
    * Users who wish to play on both the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 must purchase a separate copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn for the PlayStation®4.
    * The upgrade campaign will be offered from April 11, 2014 until December 31, 2014.
    -----------------------------------------

I bought FFXIV*(pc download version) on the website a few months ago and I dont see the option to redownload it. Can someone tell me where can I redownload it? I dont want to pay 2 times for it.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 20th Mar 2014 at 13:59.

52 views and no replies........ Anyway, this is the last time I buy from Square-Enix! I mean,when I buy a game from Steam or Blizzard,I can easily redownload purchase that I made online.

Very dissapointed! Square-Enix doesn't know how to market their games via download!

Originally Posted by Cbotron
    52 views and no replies........ Anyway, this is the last time I buy from Square-Enix! I mean,when I buy a game from Steam or Blizzard,I can easily redownload purchase that I made online.

Very dissapointed! Square-Enix doesn't know how to market their games via download!
    There should have been a link contained within your e-mail receipt to get your download started.

If there is no download link, you can use the following link: support.jp.square-enix.com/ffxiv/downloa... (NOTE: You need a valid SQUARE ENIX Account to download). Make sure you have at least 15GB of space of your hard drive for this download, as the files will need to be un-zipped, and then installed.

Hope that helps!

Thank you. I was going through the same thing as Dekkarra.

Thanks guys. I wish that Square-Enix would have a more conveniant way to re download the game. Someone who plays the game for the first time will be lost in this mess! Anyways....

just wanted to try the game but when i put i my registration code in it says in use wondering if you guys no what to do or if you guys have a buddy pass or something

Ok so we heard that final fantasy xiv is having a 2.0 patch that is going to be a lot like xi... can i reactivate my account with xiv?

Also, do previous Final Fantasy XIV subscribes have to purchase the new version of the game?

those are both good question I'd like to know that answer to.

bump

Originally Posted by Mulesh

Also, do previous Final Fantasy XIV subscribes have to purchase the new version of the game?

kotaku.com/5939173/sink-or-swim-this-man...

In conclusion: No need to repurchase.

FFXIV: Already own the old version

if we own this do we also get 2.0 for free as an update? or do we have to buy FFXIV again? (i just bought FFXIV retail today and didn't realize i couldn't make a new account).

You will in fact get FINAL FANTASY XIV A Realm Reborn free as an update.

so i bought my FF14 CE copy 2 years ago & i only lasted for 3 months playing on it. Im not gonna enumerate its short-comings but you already knew what it was. But one reason i quit because my laptop didnt run good w/ a minimum settings. Now that i already got a dependable gaming desktop, i think im gonna try this game once more. My questions are:
    1. Do i have to repurchase another copy to play this game?
    2. If not, do i still purchase subscription for 1st month or we have a grace period to try this game some more for few months of trial?
    3. I haven't tried to purchase a subscription but can i buy UGC for the subscription? if not, is it available in US where i don't have to pay via credit card? I really prefer prepaid
    4. I'm not sure if there will be server wipe but is there will be a brand new server where everyone starts fresh?
    5. What did they change on fighting mechanics?
    6. Does this game still have that VERY long grind for parts on better gears? farming for parts in a month alone was tiring
    7. Is vending still the same?

#1: No, you don't have to re-purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV nor FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN to be able to play the game. When the game officially launches, you'll be able to download the new client for the game through your exisiting service account. This service account is your login you used previously, and the one that has FINAL FANTASY XIV registered to it.

#2: When we get closer to the launch of A REALM REBORN, Square Enix will likely let us know if we'll need to sign up for a subscription right away to play. I believe there are plans for a free trial without an active subscription, but it's a bit early at this point. Definitely check back in unless Square Enix provides you an update themselves.

#3: I'm vaguely familiar with UGC, but when we get closer to A REALM REBORN's launch -- expect Square Enix to detail what different payment methods you'll be able to use for your subscription. I'll see if I can get an answer for you in the meantime though!

#4: All of the pre-existing data for any character you had on FINAL FANTASY XIV (save for ones you deleted yourself) was saved on November 1st, 2012. That snapshot of your character(s) progress will be carried over to A REALM REBORN. That includes experience, items, quest progress, achievements, so on and so forth.

#5: The battle system itself has been reworked to better suit the game's new engine. It will be more responsive, meaning that executing abilities when the cooldown expires (or when abilities are ready) will happen instantly. The exception are abilities like Fire or Cure which will start a charge timer that will be visible on your screen. The new mouse and keyboard setup will let you maneuver between mobs and select allies and enemies a lot easier as well. Simply put: a lot of performance upgrades! Square Enix has been putting up videos from the Alpha version of the game recently, and I don't doubt they'll show one of the improved battle system and its mechanics. So stay tuned for that as we get closer to launch!

#6: Well, from what I understand, a lot of the top level Artifact gear will still require effort to collect. Artifact gear you may remember is the gear that makes you look like your Job (Paladin, Black Mage, Dragoon, and so on).

#7: I assume by "vending" you mean vendoring items -- please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Vendoring items will be a bit different since the game's interface is getting entirely redone. You probably remember having to select items from a list, selecting what amount to sell, confirming to sell (which took a few seconds for the server to check), and then finally getting your gil. With the new interface in A REALM REBORN, you'll be able to sell things off quickly with one or two commands. From the footage that was shown in Letter from the Producer Live #3, you'll be able to drag and drop items from your inventory to a vendor's inventory -- but I assume you'll be able to click to instantly sell items as well. It won't be a headache as it was earlier on in Version 1.0.

Hope that answers some of you questions for now -Q.Q-!

You may also want to check out the offical FINAL FANTASY XIV Lodestone webpage because they often update with information regarding subscriptions and payment options -- so keep an eye on that over the next several months. Here's the link: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.h...

If you also want to read up on the tons of changes FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN will bring, here are some helpful links:

Message from the team, and documents showing what will change for A REALM REBORN: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/...

Information about how FINAL FANTASY XIV will transition into FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN, including character data and game content: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/...

The official FINAL FANTASY XIV and A REALM REBORN YouTube channel where you can see some of the changes that are coming in video form! www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV

Additionally, for quick updates on A REALM REBORN, you can follow @FF_XIV_EN and @SQEX_Members_NA on Twitter!

Thank you so much, I had PC version and couldn't find my discs, now I can download and play!

Do I need to buy it again or will I be able to play it with my current account?

i was going to ask the same. but, most likely no. we will just have to d/l the entire thing when it's near release.

I went ahead and reinstalled it, it updated to this year (from the look of the install filenames) and then simply says I'm not authorised. I guess if I get into the beta it will let me in then. Very excited.

Originally Posted by Adracamas
    I went ahead and reinstalled it, it updated to this year (from the look of the install filenames) and then simply says I'm not authorised. I guess if I get into the beta it will let me in then. Very excited.
    You don't need to buy the PC version again. Also, you're not going to be able to use the old client, so you might as well uninstall it.

this is seriously the most inconvenient service I've ever used. Having the same problem. I purchased FFVII and it was running fine, but then it decided to randomly uninstall over night. So I figured that like every other game service I use (ie; Blizzard, Steam, etc), I could just get on and look at my purchases an redownload. And I can't even use that link in the post above because for some reason it isn't accepting my account information. I could be mistaken but that link is asking for the square enix account information I am currently using correct?

Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating when you make a purchase and then have to deal with a subpar service like this website. Square needs to just do us all a favor and make this available on Steam where it's a little more customer friendly.

A few concerns regarding the upcoming launch of FFXIV: RR:

Will current owners of PC FFXIV need to purchase FFXIV: Realm Reborn or will it be an update?

When Realm Reborn is released, if you already own it on PC, will you get a free copy, either via mail or download for PS3?

Will there FINALLY be Manthras?

Thanks!

LOYAL FF FAN

I forgot where I read it, but yes, I believe current/past subscribers will get a free update to ARR for PC. If you'd like the PS3 version I believe you will have to purchase that separate, as it's for a different platform.

And yes! Male Miqo'te are featured in the Alpha and Beta character creation screens, as well as female Roegadyn

AWE... SOME...

Originally Posted by AdonisWI
    A few concerns regarding the upcoming launch of FFXIV: RR:

Will current owners of PC FFXIV need to purchase FFXIV: Realm Reborn or will it be an update?

When Realm Reborn is released, if you already own it on PC, will you get a free copy, either via mail or download for PS3?

Will there FINALLY be Manthras?

Thanks!

LOYAL FF FAN

1. Yes if you own Version 1.0 and it's registerd here and have account with version 1.0 you will get it for free of charge. Weather if you buy regular edition or LE you will get eather but I' think degital for regular edition LE might be mail in if it come's with any physical items.

2. there will male miqote, along with female galkas

3. if your a legacy member you jump in beta soon as it's stars.

Originally Posted by imported_PATRICK

This is seriously the most inconvenient service I've ever used.

I have to agree 100%. You have any idea how many hours I spent last night just trying to make my PlayOnline account so I could play FFXI? Two and a half hours. That's how long I spent checking everything on this site and the other site. It was disgusting how it took me damn near three -- THREE -- hours just to get a PlayOnline account and link it to my SquareEnix profile. And then the Content IDs... don't get me started trying to figure out that I had to buy CHARACTERS, which are the same as Content IDs.

SquareEnix... your service sucks. Flat-out. It just sucks. I am finally downloading FFXI's updates... after a long morning of hunting the sites and quadrupile checking EVERYTHING!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... Last