Thread: Newbie's point of view about features that should be added and fixed.

Newbie's point of view about features that should be added and fixed.

Newbie's point of view about features that should be added and fixed.

Bought the game yesterday, played a few games and some major things I saw come into play that need to be fixed or added. Remember this is from a newbie perspective though .

Fixes that should be done;
    • Save the banner you equip
    • You might want to add a Warband limit to the length. Also a way to reset it would be nice, didn't know it'd actually let me fit in a full 3 sentences.
    • Fix those warchests/boxes those are completely worthless I opened all of them that came with the immortal pack and felt greatly disappointed and wouldn't put money in the game to open more. (Maybe add a chance to get exp/gold boosters along with fixing the animation to feel more like a csgo unbox)
    • Floating/nulled entities pretty funny when so far around half my games I've noticed along with others floating dead models of other players even after they respawn but can easily get annoying
    • Fix your in-game voice-chat doesn't even work as far as I can tell and if it does show notifications of who's talking with a mic icon beside there health/team bar. -See updated voice chat opinion @ bottom
    • The in-game drops are stupidly low or everyone I've played with has been unlucky. Out of 10 matches I've seen a single player get a drop, it wasn't even the Halloween one so how rare did you make these drops? 1/500?
    • Tutorial need's improved to cover the new classes and how you play them.

Suggestions
    • Make self-damage do more right now it seems you only recieve 10-25% of the total damage and it should be around 50% to make it hurt.
    • Limit the amount of same class chosen, a good equal would be 2 of each class to help promote healthy variety of play and make people play classes they usually don't
    • Have some perks for being in a Warband I'm not sure if this is already added or not but it seems all you get is a tag. Perhaps add a matchmaking queue to put other people in the same Warband with/against each other more often.
    • Add a lobby system for chat-rooms so players can be social and since you already seem to have a mail box, perhaps allow players to send each other items after around a few days of knowing each other?

Discussion;
    Voice Chat - So apparently it does exist in-game since me a friend tried it, to see who's talking you need to press tab (which should be replaced or at-least add a option to have it side barred next to the user in-game who's talking) and there's not a single notification of when your using it or not. Also it seems like the voice servers are laggy as both of us heard each other as robots in-game but in Skype it was fine.
    Last edited by ImSoto; 2nd Nov 2014 at 23:22.

The only one I strongly agree with there is self-damage. I really think there should be strong focus on not shooting yourself in the foot.

The only one I strongly disagree with is bonuses for those in warbands. This is not a popularity contest! Bonuses should come from skill and skill alone. If you're talking about in-game bonuses such as XP for playing with your warband or item drops, that's fine.

Otherwise, nice suggestions

Originally Posted by OnlyLogic
    The only one I strongly agree with there is self-damage. I really think there should be strong focus on not shooting yourself in the foot.

The only one I strongly disagree with is bonuses for those in warbands. This is not a popularity contest! Bonuses should come from skill and skill alone. If you're talking about in-game bonuses such as XP for playing with your warband or item drops, that's fine.

Otherwise, nice suggestions
    Meant it as your more likely to be grouped/fight against your fellow Warband friends if your searching for a game VS who's not in it. They might even add it so you can make other Warbands your enemy and it'd attempt to put you into games VS the enemy clan's more often. Wouldn't also mind seeing a ranked match making for organized Warbands and show off the best ones.

Agreed.

I also have some to add:

Vamps need a movement speed boost and/or some auto target assist on melee swipes or at the very least a horizontal swing to cover a wider radius. Additionally, the camera needs to have some layback- it moves with you far too much and is disorienting. Allies should NEVER be highlighted in red- this is an incredibly misleading idea and terribly confused a few of my friends and myself.

Enemies should always have a health bar above their head to indicate who is and is not wounded. If the argument is realism, an injured foe would be obvious to humans or vamps. Also- vampires should be allowed to sprint. Humans should be allowed to climb (not to the extent of a vampire, but climbing should be possible).

There are no stun breaks so humans can ball and chain/blind you and this leaves a vamp sitting there without sprint options with the same amount of hp as them while they are holding a grenade launcher and a bottle of liquid fire while an ally can see that you're in trouble on the other side of the map.

Vampires have sparse utility and limited team cooperation skills. Only super useful tactic is to dual charge/ leap a player.

This usually boils matches down to:

When human:
    Get as high as possible and snipe.

When Vampire:
    Hide ASAP and strike conservatively.

While, it invokes that sort of gameplay, every match I have played boils down to that.

I wouldn't be posting if I didn't want to see this game prosper.

I love the LoK series and this game is tons of fun, but I would love to see it reach it's potential.

I get a very Golden Eye / Counter Strike feeling from the game, so far.

Which isn't bad, but this can be SO MUCH more than just a party game.

I have faith in the dev team and the community.

Also:

What about fortresses, sieges, battlefields or even a banner that could commence a 1 v 1 duel? That would be in the spirit of Kain.

A battle field would host the players as higher tiered soldiers leading pawn NPCs into a warzone. The pawns could be an extended perk that gets better with your level. Not to mention the pawns that would be leaderless and just wage war across the map. It would give both sides a more LoK feel to the combat to have a few nameless skulls to plow through during an epic battle field.

Just ideas and suggestions.

Originally Posted by yarouhastur
    Additionally, the camera needs to have some layback- it moves with you far too much and is disorienting.
    I totally agree. It's really disruptive, especially when vamps/humans are up close and personal.

Originally Posted by Ahbuu2
    I totally agree. It's really disruptive, especially when vamps/humans are up close and personal.
    Could turn off motion blur in your options.
    signature image
    NOSGOTH IMMORTAL VET // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // NOSGOTH CBT

Originally Posted by OnlyLogic
    Yeah it's far too effective at the moment to dance around in your own aoe. Self damage needs to be bumped up substantially.