Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PC

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PC

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PC

I enjoy FF13 PC very much and I'm ready for the second chapter of this trilogy. Is there any info about FF13-2 PC release date? because you said that you will bring the whole trilogy to pc.I heard some people said that FF13-2 PC will be released at Dec 2014 is that true?

Thanks for all of your answer.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be available on PC by Spring 2015, but no specific dates have yet been announced.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on PC will be available on Dec 11, 2014!
    - Preorder today and get 10% off!
    - FFXIII-2 Steam Trailer.
    - Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC Out Dec 11 on Steam. (Final Fantasy Network)
    - Final Fantasy XIII-2 Coming To Steam Next Month; Will Support 60fps, 1080p. (Siliconera)

PC’s Final Fantasy XIII-2 for 32% Off, Plus Steam & PSN Gift Card Deals (Siliconera)
    - From pre-order deals on next month’s FF XIII-2 to $50 Steam & PSN gift cards for $40 – you can smell holiday deals in the air.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC includes console DLC
    - All of the content listed will come with the PC version of Final Fantasy XIII-2 at no extra cost.

it was true darksaito I have XIII-2 preloaded in Steam!

Lacking any other thread about the PC version of this game, I suppose I'll post in this one as the main "PC" thread.

The graphical options are minimal but acceptable. I'm very glad we have the resolutions now--I'm downscaling from 1920x1200.

There is still a big problem though: the framerate. In cutscenes, it will at some times arbitrarily be locked at 30. At others, it goes up to sixty. As such, it oscillates between the two and creates a very peculiar experience. Additionally, during regular exploration gameplay it will randomly drop to around 40 FPS. And finally, in battle it drops to 30 when special effects are used (special effects including a basic attack), like XIII. This needs to be fixed.

For the record, I have an i5-3570k OCed to 4.2 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, and a Radeon 290X. There's absolutely no reason why I should not be getting a perfect 60 frames, even with downsampling.

Originally Posted by EternalAmbiguity
    Lacking any other thread about the PC version of this game, I suppose I'll post in this one as the main "PC" thread.

The graphical options are minimal but acceptable. I'm very glad we have the resolutions now--I'm downscaling from 1920x1200.

There is still a big problem though: the framerate. In cutscenes, it will at some times arbitrarily be locked at 30. At others, it goes up to sixty. As such, it oscillates between the two and creates a very peculiar experience. Additionally, during regular exploration gameplay it will randomly drop to around 40 FPS. And finally, in battle it drops to 30 when special effects are used (special effects including a basic attack), like XIII. This needs to be fixed.

For the record, I have an i5-3570k OCed to 4.2 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, and a Radeon 290X. There's absolutely no reason why I should not be getting a perfect 60 frames, even with downsampling.
    I COMPLETELY agree with this, the framerate needs to be fixed, I am playing on a Radeon R9280X and my framerate is swinging between as low as 15fps to 60fps, it feels so choppy and almost gives me a headache. I can't play it.

An ideal solution would be for them to at least optimize the game to play at 30fps and give us the option between a 30fps or 60fps cap.

You should message Square support about it: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/co...p?id=3201&la=2
    "I can help you, if that's what you want."

am I the only one around here who wants a patch that adds graphical settings which make the game playable for people with low end laptops/PCs?

Final Fantasy XIII-2 now available on Windows PC!
    - Final Fantasy XIII-2 Steam Debut Deal + More Mid-Week Deals. (Siliconera)

I just upgraded my system to a msi gaming platform. I should not have issues, but when I let the game run for a few minutes, the sound goes out, anyone know what is happening? I know others have complained about this as well...How do I fix this?

Why does this game run so terribly? Brand new games with significantly higher requirements I can run at 60fps. Why can't the game break 30fps?