Page 4 of 9 First First 12345678 ... Last

Thread: FFVII Game won't play

FFVII Game won't play

Cub thank you so SO much! I tried that and it's working just fine now

FF7 PC problem

After I spent 2 weeks resolving an issue that finally allowed me to enter the serial to play the game, I am faced with a new problem.

When I press the "play" button for ff7 pc, an error message pops up on a temporary black screen:

"Failed to create a useful Direct3d device"

And that's it. I am simply given a brief error message with no way to play the game.

Any suggestions on resolving this?

Maybe, have you tried updating direct x or your graphics drivers?

Also not working for me same error, cant play the game.....this is crap!

I played the game just fine for a few days. Today when I try to launch the game it crashes. On the first day I spent about 3 or 4 hours trying to suss out the account registration/confirmation issues. On the second day I couldn't save my game and had to redo about an hour worth of gaming. Now today when I hit play the game crashes though the processes are still running. I end those processes and try again. Same crash.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: FF7_EN.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 00000000
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_e51a
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 99ed0000
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: e51a
    Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
    Additional Information 3: e51a
    Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

Read our privacy statement:
    go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&cl...

Out of utter frustration I tried something different to see if it would effect the process. Before I hit play I hit "view online profile" and then hit play. The game launched fine.

I backed out of the game and tried to hit play without hitting "view online profile" and the game crashed again.

So i tried hitting "view online profile" first again and while it was loading in my browser I hit "play" and the game launched again.

It still crashes if I just hit play but I thought i'd post this in case anybody else needs a temporary work around for this problem.

The game uses DX9. Check out Microsoft's website for updated Direct X. They are at v10 now.

You may also have to Run-as Administrator.

I am having the same problem. I click Play on the launcher and nothing is just pops the launcher back up. Anybody got it resolved yet?

Ok lastnight i downloaded FF7 PC and i installed it and the install went fine but when i launch the game it just thinks for a few seconds a couple times and does nothing after that. So i troubleshoot it and it asks me if i would like to run it compatible with win xp service pack 2 and so i click launch program and it pops up do you want to run FF& blah blah and i click yes and its sits there and thinks for a bit and then i get a strings.dat missing or corrupt error but i only get this error when i go through troubleshoot to launch the game. I am just confused as crap at this point so i go into program files and op squenix and then FF7 and sure enough there is a strings.dat file sitting right there in the folder. Can anyone help me tips? Things i can try cuz ill try anything at this point. Thanks all feed back is welcome.

you're lucky, i can't even find a download link after I registered it and everything.

Originally Posted by imported_Anthony
    you're lucky, i can't even find a download link after I registered it and everything.
    Actually im not lucky i paid for a game that wont work on my laptop. Atleast you probably have a chance of getting your money back Lolz.

Originally Posted by imported_Jeffrey
    Originally Posted by imported_Anthony

Actually im not lucky i paid for a game that wont work on my laptop. Atleast you probably have a chance of getting your money back Lolz.

Problem is, I've purchased it twice already! I thought I screwed up the first time, so I purchased it again. I tried to refund the first one. Not sure if it was successful. I'm trying to download that link right now that was posted earlier. I just want to play this damn game again!!!

My laptop has comparable specs and should have absolutely no problem running this game. It seems that it only crashes when entering a new area. I entered a building in Kalm and it froze. Restarted the game, and I was able to go in all the buildings. Went in one I had already been in, and it crashed again. Neither restarting the computer or running the game in administration mode helps. I'm worried about getting into a lengthy part of the game and having to redo it.

Originally Posted by cloud23465

Well dont expect square to help us either.It's not your computers... it's the crappy job Square did programing this game! I have 2 brand new computers

My Destop has My laptop has

Microsoft windows 7x64 Microsoft windows 7x64

Intel I7-2600 3.5ghz Intel I7-2670QM 2.2ghz

8Gbs DDR3-1333 Ram 8Gbs DDR3-1600 Ram

1Gb AMD Radeon HD 6570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6470m

I have more then enough everything to run this and yet... STILL CRASHES! Random times, Random locations! I may of only spent $10 but i still feel ripped off.

Wow so i downloaded the original pc ff7 and it works fine so i guess i get to play the old one without the perks. Fabulous.

So the game amazing starts up fine. when the continue/new game menu comes up i cannot select new game. I have smashed every button on my keyboard and went into settings and changed the keysets. Anyone else having this issue? windows 7 service pack 1

Try to reinstall the game. If that doesn't work, try to use joypad/xbox controller.

Originally Posted by GrayFox89
    When I read the news about the releasing of FFVII for pc, I can't believed it.

I bought it today and downloaded the game.

All went fine, until I completed the setup and used the launcher.

I logged in with my Square Enix account and clicked "play", finally, I said.

The launcher screen went again on my desktop. I clicked again on "play".

Nothing happened. Again launcher screen.

So square-enix. You had my money, I want my game now. Can't play it. Anyone knows why it doesen't works?

I have a win 7 64 bit. Maybe is not available for this version?

Anyone fixed the problem? News about it?

Please let me know, because I bought a game and I want play it.
    I am also having a problem with the sound effects. My Download and install worked fine and the music and game is fine, but there are no sound effects.

Originally Posted by Jaymes

I am having the same problem. I click Play on the launcher and nothing is just pops the launcher back up. Anybody got it resolved yet?

I fixed this by installing a more current version of DirectX.

Compre FFVII pero no puedo descargarlo

estoy encabronado que pasa quiero jugar ya!

Hablando español no te van a responder, si quieres respuestas pregunta en inglés.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

When I play, Without warning... the error message appears, during battle, Walking around, in menu, and during video...
    Best to save often or wait for a update message addressing the probelem... Its currently 1.0.6?

Also, would like to say the arrangement sound track for the game is well, and looks sharp on my 1080P HD Screen

[GENERAL FORUM GUIDELINES]

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233...

[The Square Enix Members forums are an English language forum. While cultural differences are respected, please avoid excessive use of other languages on the forum. When posting on the forum, its best to allow everyone to read what you say, so that users from all sides can join on the discussion.]

Maybe you should try and contact the EU [SQUARE ENIX Support Centre]?

support.eu.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph...

It seems like ther eis no real support or solution to this problem, support doesnt answer in any helpfull way and none of the suggestions here helped me to get the game even started.....payed for nothing!

Hey Kevin and Sephyo,

Can you please try temprorarily disabling all non OS essential processes on your system temporarily for troubleshooting purposes. Please press the Windows Key and "R", then in the dialog box type msconfig and press ok. Select the startup tab and choose Disable All. Once this is completed select apply and then restart your system. After which we would like you to try playing the game again to see if the issue persists. If the problem persists, please let us know.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by [SE
    Stephen]
    Hey Kevin and Sephyo,

Can you please try temprorarily disabling all non OS essential processes on your system temporarily for troubleshooting purposes. Please press the Windows Key and "R", then in the dialog box type msconfig and press ok. Select the startup tab and choose Disable All. Once this is completed select apply and then restart your system. After which we would like you to try playing the game again to see if the issue persists. If the problem persists, please let us know.

Thanks!
    just tried the msconfig fix running Windows 7 SP1 on Parallels Desktop on OSX 10.8. I have the mac isolated from windows, and before the Service Pack, the game worked. Now it doesn't.

Page 4 of 9 First First 12345678 ... Last