Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: FFVII Game won't play

FFVII Game won't play

Using Erk's post, I applied for a refund. (trying to use support is ridiculously confusing)

Originally Posted by Erik
    If you are unhappy with FF7, you can demand a refund there.

They will point you over to digital river's website.
    www.findmyorder.com

-Fill out your Order ID and password to request a return.
    -Make sure to respond to the confirmation email within 7 days or you will not get a refund.

I hope to play FFVII when I eventually get a new computer.

Originally Posted by imported_Jamie

Hmm, I dunno then lol, I think still think It's a problem with the DRM, just had to make sure e-mail address and log in was the same as the account with the purchased game.

Think it has something to do with me only being able to login with my e-mail and password, but when I try to login with my Square-Enix North America account, it says invalid email and/or password?

Originally Posted by natijs4

Hmm, I dunno then lol, I think still think It's a problem with the DRM, just had to make sure e-mail address and log in was the same as the account with the purchased game.

Think it has something to do with me only being able to login with my e-mail and password, but when I try to login with my Square-Enix North America account, it says invalid email and/or password?

Well here's what I'm sure of:

There is a Square NA account, a Square account, and a Square Support Account, they're all seperate. What worked for me was making the regular Square Enix Account (which is weird because I'm sure I purchased it through my Square NA account).

Great, now I can't even get to the login screen. Keeps telling me connection error. Guess I'll just wait for them to fix all this.

This is just amazing. The files are mostly from 1998. Least they could do is test it.

This also happened to me during the Mythril Mines/Fort Condor Area. Not sure what to do. ANYONE?????

Hey guys, solved the issue on my side...

Anyway, for whatever reason I don't think our credentials are synced up throughout all their account databases, thusly, when we try to sign in to the different Square Enix accounts, it doesn't recognize that the game we purchased is under our main Square Enix Account (Square Enix NA, Square Enix, Facebook...etc).

I had to uninstall the game and re-install it so I could put in my credentials again. When it prompts you to log in, there is a link on the top right corner of the launcher that says "Not registered yet? Sign up here." Click that, I had to register for a new account with the same e-mail address that I purchased FF7 under (It seems to be tied to the DRM). Go through the account confirmation and when you log in to the website you should see FF7 as a purchased game. Log in with the e-mail address and password you just created in the launcher and the game should launch.

This is kinda stupid because I have 3 seperate Square Enix accounts now just to figure out this stupid problem.

Hope this helps.

I made another seperate account (now have three) and now i can log in with my email and go through squareenix instead of facebook, but still the same issues when i try to push the play button.

Bull.

Ok so... here goes...

step 1: go to na.square-enix.com/145981219/game/regist... where it says to go in the bottom of your email...

step 2: click the red "Log In" button at the top left

step 3: Log in

step 4: Click your username (in red to the top left)

step 5: on the right side of the page (about center screen on the right if you dont scroll), you'll see a "game registration" link. Click it.

step 6: find the email that came from webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com and find your "Members Registration Code" (not to be confused with serial.)

step 7: Input your member registration code onto the page you get to after completing step 5.

Your game should now be registered to your account.

Step 8: Close the game, relaunch it.

Step 9: Click settings, network, logout button.

Step 10: Close and relaunch. Sign in with your account. It should ask you for a serial now. This serial is also found on your the email from digitalriver.com. Memorize this key, you're going to type it alot. (number of re-types will be based SOLELY on how much you want to play)

Step 11: Join me and the rest of the people on this forum in getting stuck with "Server Error: Please try again".

If you're bored, relaunch and go back to step 10.

After playing the game for quite a few hours today, I restart my computer and am no longer able to enter the game client when pressing play.

Sigh... should have just downloaded an ISO and played on an emulator.

Originally Posted by imported_Robert
    After playing the game for quite a few hours today, I restart my computer and am no longer able to enter the game client when pressing play.

Sigh... should have just downloaded an ISO and played on an emulator.
    Re-installing the game fixed that issue.

Now it won't sync my saved games properly and only presents me with the option for a new game.

These cloud saves are working as well as Cloud saving Aerith.

Originally Posted by Equillian

Ok so... here goes...

step 1: go to na.square-enix.com/145981219/game/regist... where it says to go in the bottom of your email...

step 2: click the red "Log In" button at the top left

step 3: Log in

step 4: Click your username (in red to the top left)

step 5: on the right side of the page (about center screen on the right if you dont scroll), you'll see a "game registration" link. Click it.

step 6: find the email that came from webhelp.v4@digitalriver.com and find your "Members Registration Code" (not to be confused with serial.)

step 7: Input your member registration code onto the page you get to after completing step 5.

Your game should now be registered to your account.

Step 8: Close the game, relaunch it.

Step 9: Click settings, network, logout button.

Step 10: Close and relaunch. Sign in with your account. It should ask you for a serial now. This serial is also found on your the email from digitalriver.com. Memorize this key, you're going to type it alot. (number of re-types will be based SOLELY on how much you want to play)

Step 11: Join me and the rest of the people on this forum in getting stuck with "Server Error: Please try again".

If you're bored, relaunch and go back to step 10.

Already registered to my Square Enix account, didn't work. Finally able to log in with my Square Enix North America account, but still not able to get past pressing Play.

Yeah, I'm back to pressing play again. I'm just going to give up on this. I loved the Square games I've played but I wont "buy" another square game for PC again. Broken, DRM Filled, absolutely SILENT Customer Support.

Triple post here, but I have been trying my best to deal with all the issues with this re-release -- but between the saving issues, numerous ways the game crashes, and weird issues with the game client just not working right I give up. Not even going to try playing this until they release an update or something.

After this and the FFXIV launch flop, I have lost faith in SE to be able to put out quality products. I am surprised there is no real feedback/reactions from SE about all of the issues people are facing around this release, but I guess a 10$ product isn't something they really care about supporting.

Guys all i did was reinstall it and it worked...maybe try doing that a few times? hope you can get it to work.

I'm resolved and playing now. Funny thing... I rebooted.

Everytime I press play I get "CreateProcess returned a error.. ERROR CODE 193"

Any suggestions about getting around that?

i get "can not create a useful Direct 3D" and it closes. :| seems even though my computer can run the old PC version, it cant run this one. oh well.

Would be nice if square-enix had proper customer support.

I get to the menu screen with:

Play
    Achievements
    Settings

However, clicking on Play just recycles the menu screen. Anyone else having this issue?

Originally Posted by imported_Bill

I get to the menu screen with:

Play
    Achievements
    Settings

However, clicking on Play just recycles the menu screen. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed.

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer - Microsoft

Well dont expect square to help us either.It's not your computers... it's the crappy job Square did programing this game! I have 2 brand new computers

My Destop has My laptop has

Microsoft windows 7x64 Microsoft windows 7x64

Intel I7-2600 3.5ghz Intel I7-2670QM 2.2ghz

8Gbs DDR3-1333 Ram 8Gbs DDR3-1600 Ram

1Gb AMD Radeon HD 6570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6470m

I have more then enough everything to run this and yet... STILL CRASHES! Random times, Random locations! I may of only spent $10 but i still feel ripped off.

Might want to call them and ask.

310-846-0345 Option 3

toI got this problem too, but updating my version of Directx was enough. Now it works just fine.

So has no one resolved this then because I'm having the exact same problem and I did redownload it, no matter how many times I click play nothing pops up...

I have been playing it since the weekend before last without any problems. I have Windows 7 64 bit. I ran the installation as administrator. Followed all of the directions, and voila, back to the year 1997.

Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last