Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Idea to help boost sales for Lightning Returns

Idea to help boost sales for Lightning Returns

  1. #26

    @Vitor i agree even though it pains me.


    i think sakaguchi saw his end and chose to resign.


    do i think that he could bring final fantasy back to where it belongs?yes


    do i think that square-enix cares?no

  2. #27

    i do know that kitase and nomura did not like the generic fantasy settings that sakaguchi adores


    and this led to strain between them.i like the older style games,but i think that 9 was the last time we will see this style


    in the main series.


    sakaguchi is old school in his thinking and approach to design.


    the new ip he has created does not have the installed user base of ff,so naturally it will struggle.

  3. #28

    i played through both 13 and 13-2,and i honestly cannot remember anything about the story of either.


    this is a testament to where this series has found itself.


    all flash and no substance.

  4. #29

    Originally Posted by TravisB


    i played through both 13 and 13-2,and i honestly cannot remember anything about the story of either.


    this is a testament to where this series has found itself.


    all flash and no substance.


    I don't know about that. FFVIII's story is just a big blur to me (Witches, SeeD, time travel). Where as with XIII I pretty understood most of the story throught the first playthrough (fal'Cie, l'Cie, manipulation), even more so in my 2nd playthrough. Currently on my second playthrough for 13-2. I'm still trying to wrap around a couple of things. I honestly wish Square would drop those plots dealing with time travel, ugh.

  5. #30

    Originally Posted by Judge_Balthier


    Originally Posted by TravisB


    i played through both 13 and 13-2,and i honestly cannot remember anything about the story of either.


    this is a testament to where this series has found itself.


    all flash and no substance.


    I don't know about that. FFVIII's story is just a big blur to me (Witches, SeeD, time travel). Where as with XIII I pretty understood most of the story throught the first playthrough (fal'Cie, l'Cie, manipulation), even more so in my 2nd playthrough. Currently on my second playthrough for 13-2. I'm still trying to wrap around a couple of things. I honestly wish Square would drop those plots dealing with time travel, ugh.



    I'm almost sure Sakaguchi wasn't involved with VIII story. But I love it, nonetheless. Laguna S2. He also wasn't involved with X story, but that's another awesome story. Anyways, I kinda of enjoy every single one of them, one more than others and can't chose the best one, but, well, nowadays my top series is Kingdom Hearts and I'm almost sure you can't get more confusing than that. So, you shouldn't take my opinion to seriously if you don't like confusing stories. But I love then.


    P.S.: I also like time travel, don't remove then. But I agree you shouldn't overdo it, otherwise it gets boring.

  6. #31

    i liked 8 believe it or not.maybe im weird or something idk haha.


    it made sense mostly.the switching back and forth between squall and laugauna made my brain implode tho

  7. #32

    Originally Posted by TravisB


    i played through both 13 and 13-2,and i honestly cannot remember anything about the story of either.


    this is a testament to where this series has found itself.


    all flash and no substance.






    This is just your opinion, sir. Dont act like its common fact.

  8. #33

    its a common fact to anyone who has played a final fantasy not named 13.


    how old are you kid?


    have you ever played any of the final fantasies before 7?


    dont make me laugh.


    to qualify as a fanboy,you have to know more about this series than a guy named cloud.

  9. #34

    They can release a limited edition ps3 super slim lightning ver. 3. Or make it PS move compatiable and make a LE of that.

  10. #35

    @AkeemCoffey i wanna see a slim version of the ps3 thats the same size as the slim ps2.


    haha wishful thinking but i still wanna see it.


    ps3 is too big.

  11. #36

    Originally Posted by TravisB


    its a common fact to anyone who has played a final fantasy not named 13.


    how old are you kid?


    have you ever played any of the final fantasies before 7?


    dont make me laugh.


    to qualify as a fanboy,you have to know more about this series than a guy named cloud.






    Its seems you are the kid, since you insult people when you dont have anything better to say. I played all Final Fantasys in their respective time and systens, till the end of each one of them.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195

    ~There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so~

  13. #38

    Originally Posted by TravisB


    its a common fact to anyone who has played a final fantasy not named 13.



    Yeah, ummmm...I liked FFXIII and managed to not hate the sequel, and I also played most of the previous FF games in the past several years, including prequels, sequels, and what not.


    It's a bit annoying to see people explain away the legit positive reception for certain games by claiming said fans aren't familiar with the over-all series. Clearly that's not case :/




  14. #39

    Originally Posted by new_tradition


    Originally Posted by TravisB


    its a common fact to anyone who has played a final fantasy not named 13.



    Yeah, ummmm...I liked FFXIII and managed to not hate the sequel, and I also played most of the previous FF games in the past several years, including prequels, sequels, and what not.


    It's a bit annoying to see people explain away the legit positive reception for certain games by claiming said fans aren't familiar with the over-all series. Clearly that's not case :/





    This. I've been playing FF since I was like, 8. I'm 20 now and have played my fair share of FFs. I would consider XIII in my top 5.

  15. #40
    XIII-2 I can see. But XIII is hard to argue for. I like XIII-2 if only for the improved gameplay. I am actually surprised people like XIII over XIII-2.

    Anyways (to everyone) please don't bring hate fueled comments into this thread. This is for discussing if putting a trailer and/or a playable demo of Versus XIII into LR would be beneficial to both games. Let's stick with that topic .

  16. #41

    your point of view is great i like that idea but.... i still dont agree that versus must come only to ps3 that is what matters me most

  17. #42
    I never said that. Although I don't see Nomura or his team helping with a port. Nomura's been known to make games exclusively for one console at a time.

  18. #43

    Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    I never said that. Although I don't see Nomura or his team helping with a port. Nomura's been known to make games exclusively for one console at a time.


    Given that only two members from Osaka team that never worked with KH before ported KH and Re:CoM in one year, I could see SE handling those ports easily. XIII and XIII-2 ports from PS3 to 360, as far as I'm concerned, didn't show any problems. So, I don't think there would be an issue if they decided to port it over to 360 or even a WiiU port. Nomura and key member will probably jump straight to KH3 though.

  19. #44

    Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    XIII-2 I can see. But XIII is hard to argue for. I like XIII-2 if only for the improved gameplay. I am actually surprised people like XIII over XIII-2. Anyways (to everyone) please don't bring hate fueled comments into this thread. This is for discussing if putting a trailer and/or a playable demo of Versus XIII into LR would be beneficial to both games. Let's stick with that topic .

    Perhaps PshycoNinja, you should have made a general thread regarding what you think the team should do to market the game better, rather than only offering having Versus XIII as a selling advantage for the LR: XIII title. Then all the argument posts will not be as of a nuisance...like every other Versus XIII related post you continue to make.

  20. #45

    Isn't Versus only slated for PS3? How would Xbox 360 owners play it?

  21. #46
    Could make it an exclusive for PS3 owners and therefore Sony could help with Marketing and buy some ads with Square Enix. This is a multi-tier plan.

  22. #47
    @Colten

    1) Never said you couldn't offer other ways to give ideas to help boost sales. The title of the thread kind of implies you can offer other ideas.

    2) If you don't care about Versus XIII or hate that I talk about it then why do you keep commenting about it? You can ignore me when I talk about Versus. I won't be offended if you do. I don't go into other threads and complain that people are talking about Lightning Returns. As a matter of fact I am asking about ways to boost sales while also taking into account a lot of other fans desires and wants.

    However I can understand where you are coming from. That does not mean I will stop talking about Versus though. Just like how people won't stop talking about LR:XIII, KH 1.5 HD, FFX HD, FFVII remake, Type-0 and all those other wonderful things.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12