Thread: Devil's Night item suggestion: Preview before you buy.

Devil's Night item suggestion: Preview before you buy.

Devil's Night item suggestion: Preview before you buy.

As the thread title states, before we buy them I'd really like an option to preview it or a video released on the youtube channel about the looks/audio, that way we can decide if we like it before we buy it.

Looking at the images so far (hunter crossbow, deceiver arms, and tyrant arms) I'm not too fond of the visuals on those. I am definitely considering the visuals for the prophet guns but I'd love to preview them before I buy.

Side note: I've asked for some sort of holiday themed stuff many times in the past and Psyonix delivered, I'm grateful for that. I still want my Tyrant in a santa hat though!
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

I'm sure the developers already agreed that holiday themed items would be out of place in Nosgoth. Halloween isn't too bad, because there's ghosts and demons in the LOK universe already, but Santa hats? I guess you could theme christmas items around the pagan winter solstice or something.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 24th Oct 2014 at 15:00.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I'm sure the developers already agreed that holiday themed items would be out of place in Nosgoth. Halloween in't too bad, because there's ghosts and demons in the LOK universe already, but Santa hats? I guess you could theme christmas items around the pagan winter solstice or something.
    I'm a huge LoK lore junkie, I care a lot about the franchise and the universe. At the same time however, I demand a santa hat for my tyrant, whether it's true to the lore or not doesn't matter to me! Maybe some christmas cheer will stop the humans and vampires from being so angry all the time.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

What about Elzevir the Doll Maker? Massive stretch, but maybe something vaguely christmas related while still appropriate could be inspired by him. It would take something really clever for that to be taken seriously though.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I'm sure the developers already agreed that holiday themed items would be out of place in Nosgoth. Halloween isn't too bad, because there's ghosts and demons in the LOK universe already, but Santa hats?
    Elzevir would make a solid Bad Santa, as stated. Perhaps there are still a couple reindeer in this era, also. Those antlers on Bane's headdress had to come from somewhere.

Also, we could always leverage Zephon for some Nosgoth-themed easter eggs. And Sarafan Raziel running off with the Heart of Darkness would make a fine poster boy for Valentine's Day. Anything's possible.

"A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

I wonder if i'm the only one not so satisfied with these new "mysterious" items.
    Sure it's "cool", but it kinda breaks the game for me...Your claw are now enchanted with elemental magic? It's not much lore friendly to me, just seems like a visual appealing buff

Exclamation New game mode idea for next update

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Also, we could always leverage Zephon for some Nosgoth-themed easter eggs. And Sarafan Raziel running off with the Heart of Darkness would make a fine poster boy for Valentine's Day. Anything's possible.
    New game mode idea for next update: mosquito simulator madness, team of 4 players have to kill great NPC called Zephonix - that creature will be flying around and throwing eggs to spawn bugs in order to destroy Nosgoth. If players fail to kill it in time, they will be rewarded with crashes - always after they try to launch the game/matches again. Yes, better if you just remove this hot post, if not I will report it myself, thx.