Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Devil's Night - Halloween Event

Devil's Night - Halloween Event

Devil's Night - Halloween Event

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/devil-s-night-is-coming

Halloween is almost upon us, and we're celebrating the occasion with a week-long event for Nosgoth, Devil's Night. From Monday October 27th through Sunday November 2nd, you'll be able to get exclusive items and rewards, for ONE WEEK ONLY!

As part of the end-of-game reward system, during Devil’s Night only, all Mysterious Items which drop will have a new Ghostly visual and audio effect to be unlocked, along with the stat modifiers you'd normally expect on these drops. It will apply to all Mysterious Item drops, for all Human Weapons and Vampire Special Abilities, and the drops are randomly generated. Once the event ends, it won't be possible to unlock these exclusive items, making you the envy of all your friends.

Also available during the event week will be several special in-store items:

• Exotic Items
      Exclusive Devil's Night versions of the Human Weapons and Vampire Special Abilities (28 in total), with regular stats, but with the new Ghostly visual and audio effect as a permanent bonus
    • Player Banners
      New banners will be available, marking Devil's Night, giving you a new way to customise your profile in lobbies

Devil's Night will start with a game update on October 27th, and will run through Sunday November 2nd. Once the Devil's Night event ends, any items you unlocked during the week are yours to keep, but you won't be able to unlock them after this, so don't miss out!
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Thanks Cat!

Any chance the odds of actually dropping a Mysterious Item will be increased as well (at least during the Devil's Night event only would be a start)?

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

Originally Posted by MasterZtark
    Thanks Cat!

Any chance the odds of actually dropping a Mysterious Item will be increased as well (at least during the Devil's Night event only would be a start)?
    ^^This. At least for the ghostly items that won't be available after the event.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

The ghostly effect is available on Exotics in the store for gold or runes, so if you really want the FX it isn't purely droprate dependent.

Basically, during the event window:
    - Exotics: New item quality for events that have FX but no random stats and don't require recharging. For sale in store for gold or runes.
    - Mysterious: Same drop mechanics as currently, but all mysterious drops during the event will have the ghostly FX.

I'll discuss the droprate with Square tomorrow.

Really wish you guys could have included this weekend with the event, but that's okay anyway. I'm sure I'll get my fill of death and destruction during college courses next week.
    pretty excited for the ghostly effect. it looks good from the screens.
    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BANNER!

All this Mysterious Item stuff has me putting 5-7 hours into this game a day, thanks to fall break. Still no luck though :c I hope that the drop-rates may be tweaked just a little bit.

The Exotics you mentioned, with the fx and no stats, are they all items or is it just something I can apply to any weapon or ability?

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    The ghostly effect is available on Exotics in the store for gold or runes, so if you really want the FX it isn't purely droprate dependent.

Basically, during the event window:
    - Exotics: New item quality for events that have FX but no random stats and don't require recharging. For sale in store for gold or runes.
    Yes. YES. A gold sink. I'm excited!

Originally Posted by Zomb-omb
    All this Mysterious Item stuff has me putting 5-7 hours into this game a day, thanks to fall break. Still no luck though :c I hope that the drop-rates may be tweaked just a little bit.

The Exotics you mentioned, with the fx and no stats, are they all items or is it just something I can apply to any weapon or ability?
    There is an exotic version of every human weapon and vampire primary ability.

I would much prefer to purchase the effect so that I can apply it to any weapon or ability I choose, perhaps with limited uses. This way I can use my more favoured weapons and have them look sweet, rather than having to choose between my stat enhancing seige bow or a vanilla ghostly seige bow
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Don't forget to view Russian version of this post.
    Не забудьте прочитать русскую версию этого сообщения.
    http://nosgoth.ru/1000-devils-night/

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    There is an exotic version of every human weapon and vampire primary ability.
    I'd better start saving up my gold.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Hiya, german version of this post!
    Deutsche Übersetzung:
    http://tales-of-nosgoth.de/index.php/news/events
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I'd better start saving up my gold.
    hehe, its about time to spend 28k of gold i collected
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 23rd Oct 2014 at 18:18.

I Wait until the event and buy a Viscous Cannon for the Alcemist.
    I got Gold but i wont spend it for things i already own, one or 2 Items are Okay

I haven't played for weeks because of the poor FPS but this? THIS? I'll be there >:O

Its possible to buy the exotic items in store after the event, or only during the event?

Originally Posted by MuShYRoOM
    Its possible to buy the exotic items in store after the event, or only during the event?
    Only during the event.

Had those glowing hands effect on deceiver after getting hex'd with uncommon item equiped 1-2 days ago.

Originally Posted by RoflBalast
    Had those glowing hands effect on deceiver after getting hex'd with uncommon item equiped 1-2 days ago.
    Yep, happened to me as well. Even thought I thought that bug you're talking about was slightly more of a green-ish colour, compared to the blue-ish that we'll get.

When is the Patch Rolling out for this ?
    We have the 27th :=)

Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    Yes. YES. A gold sink. I'm excited!
    This.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Devil's Night will start with a game update on October 27th, and will run through Sunday November 2nd. Once the Devil's Night event ends, any items you unlocked during the week are yours to keep, but you won't be able to unlock them after this, so don't miss out!
    Time zone and specific time?
    signature image
    NOSGOTH IMMORTAL VET // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // NOSGOTH CBT

All TimeZones are IN, still no goodies

Gentlemen, this isnt your average 24/7 indie developer. They have 9-5 jobs and since they opted for a new patch to introduce it, it will take a the whole euro daytime til they get to their work, will take the euro evening til the patch is live and possibly another 2 days for the hotfix to iron out the freshly introduced bugs.

Agreed, their event management is a bit borked. Others introduce 2week events for the people to be less prone to rage. But they will learn hopefully after the n-th failure in a row with all the double XP weekends where people cant play, "stress tests", "new matchmaking" system, ...
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Patches for Nosgoth have typically been released at about 7 pm GMT, so I'd expect the devil's night stuff to be out around then.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last