Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Some info about mysterious weapons

Some info about mysterious weapons

Some info about mysterious weapons

I decided to make a thread about mysterious weapons to make them less mysterious

So, mysterious weapons are earned as random drops after matches. Now here's how leveling goes. To unlock first buff and debuff, you have to earn 10k XP with that weapon. You gain second buff and debuff after you earn additional 20k XP. And after you get another 30k XP you'll unlock the effect. So overall you need 60k XP to fully unlock your mysterious weapon. The effect is only visual, it does no extra damage. Also, there aren't any special effects on vampire's bodies when you hit them.

I got my mysterious repeater the day mysterious weapons were released. And yesterday slightly before midnight (central european time) I unlocked the visual FX. So if anyone's interested how it looks like, here's the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28lm66rGZc

Although I wasn't really interested in mysterious weapons when they were announced, when I got it after one match I decided to level it up to at least see the effect. And I just want to say to guys from Psyonix, you did an awesome job! I didn't expect it to be that well done. I'm curious to see how other effects look like. Now, if someone from SE or Psyonix thinks of some good lore for these weapons to keep us lore-junkies happy, this will be perfect. Keep up the good work guys!

Ooooohh that effect is so epic!
    I am nolifing in nosgoth after last patch and haven't seen any mysterious item drops to anyone. My friend received uncommon leap attack and some random guys got 1dayperks. RNG please!

MI's Who get's them?

Just want to know how you get them and if there is any pre-requirement at all?

Do you have to be in a party?
    Do you need to be VIP in the team?
    Do you need to exceed a particular kill/damage/heal count per round?
    Do you need to play so many games in a day/week/month?

So far played most of this weekend haven't seen one yet, Been Highest scoring player in my team on a number of occasions and also the worst on a few more. Racked up over 10 kills, etc only thing I haven't tried is to heal.

So what is it I/we need to do?

Has anyone got one yet, were you achieving any of the above or something else that I haven't mentioned?
    Tell us what you got and how you got it please.

It has been stated that MI drops are not related to performance. It is just a drop chance dude. Just need some luck

I am not quite sure yet but I would like to know the drop rate for these items. It was rare that anyone ever got more than a perk in the past, and I assume these have an even rarer drop chance, so I don't expect these new Mysterious Items to ever appear. I have played almost 50 - 75 games since the patch has come out with them, and the only item drop I have seen was a 24 hour Undying Wisdom perk. Any info that could be garnered on this subject would be much appreciated!

I've seen 2-3 items drop since the patch, 1 of which was a mysterious item. Doesn't mean much but they do drop I can confirm that.

I created a similar thread earlier today. You guys may want to check it out
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=17480

Today in about 7 hours of gameplay we had 2 mysterious item drops in one game. Dual pistols and siege crossbow. I got dual pistols, 20k exp

Originally Posted by --Ram--
    It has been stated that MI drops are not related to performance. It is just a drop chance dude. Just need some luck
    That's not fair I don't get any luck what so ever!
    If I had a 50/50 chance of guessing which hand had a Gold Bullion Bar in it and they weren't hid behind the persons back I'd still get it wrong!

Originally Posted by RoflBalast
    Today in about 7 hours of gameplay we had 2 mysterious item drops in one game. Dual pistols and siege crossbow. I got dual pistols, 20k exp
    Was it just an Item or a bag like the level rewards?

Is this just a re-branding of the End of round rewards with a tougher chance of getting one?
    Last edited by Cristari; 19th Oct 2014 at 19:15.

Awesome! When you unlock the effect, could you please post a video to this thread?

Originally Posted by Cristari
    Was it just an Item or a bag like the level rewards?

Is this just a re-branding of the End of round rewards with a tougher chance of getting one?
    Just an item, it's not a bag. Yeah, pretty much this is like those uncommon weapon drops you can get rarely after match, but this has even lower chance of dropping.

Originally Posted by Obisher
    Just an item, it's not a bag. Yeah, pretty much this is like those uncommon weapon drops you can get rarely after match, but this has even lower chance of dropping.
    I'm sorry with my luck there is no chance of me getting one and pushing myself through countless bad games just to get a drop like that is utterly worthless. The only positive thing I can say about this weekend is that I was able to buy 2 permanent primary weapons and I don't even have a boost on! (not that I need Primary abilities/weapons).

It same as end-round rewards(1day perks or guns), you just see white/yellow weapon awarded and when you mouse over it you will notice that it's mysterious. There is some sort of bug, that you need to wait for reward screen to update(10 seconds after it shows up) to see rewards.

Originally Posted by Obisher
    Awesome! When you unlock the effect, could you please post a video to this thread?
    Sure.

If you play expecting/hoping to see on of these drop every game you are going to be disappointed a lot. Just play for fun don't even worry about the drop. It will happen eventually

Thanks for sharing the video!

I have to say, I was a bit sceptical about MI at first, but they surely turned out to be made at a higher level than I expected. Maybe they will end up cluttering up the screen when 8 out of 8 people in the match have it, but I guess for now there's no harm in having fun with something new. Besides, keeps hoarders like myself wanting to craft/collect all the "perfect" mystery weapons to fit with the classes.

Really wish I could contribute and share some videos / screenshots myself, but haven't been fortunate to play the game due to the post hotfix bug (fingers crossed for Tuesday patch).

Since we have an idea now of what Human weapons work like, does anyone have a Vampire sample? Wonder if there's some sort of a special attack animation/sound similarly to how Human weapons are designed.

Also, have anyone tested if experience gained for MI is affected by boosters?

There is some sort of bug, that you need to wait for reward screen to update(10 seconds after it shows up) to see rewards.
    Will certainly never receive it then if the reward screen needs to be open for 10 seconds. At the End of round I'm lucky if I see all the screens in the End of round display. Heck I can sometimes take so long to load back into the lobby that the next game has already stared counting down.

Originally Posted by -Konf-
    Also, have anyone tested if experience gained for MI is affected by boosters?
    It is affected by boosters.

We're taking the drop rate feedback into account. Potentially we could look into a bad luck protection system that increases your chance to get something the longer you go without a drop.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    Potentially we could look into a bad luck protection system that increases your chance to get something the longer you go without a drop.
    Yes please! Also ... maybe stop dropping 24-hour perks entirely? They're all I seem to get, and it'd be rather frustrating to have them reset 'luck' in such a system.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 20th Oct 2014 at 20:45.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    Yes please! I can't remember the last time something other than a perk dropped.
    I got a drop today think it's my first in about 2 months and it was a 24hr Perk It couldn't even be permanent!

Farmed whole day for exp, still requires 15k exp for visual :S Without booster it's hard, and I like it

Nice video! We'll probably continue to improve the effects to make them as much of a balance between "J. J. Abram's Star Trek Lens Flare Nightmare" mode and "Wait, is this thing on?" I'm glad to see that they were such a big hit during that match that both teams just got together to admire, hehe.

Just don't go too overboard. Probably not speaking for the masses, but I liked the relative absence of flashy stuff and it gave the game a little more immersion. The game world is kinda serious and dark in tone.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    We're taking the drop rate feedback into account. Potentially we could look into a bad luck protection system that increases your chance to get something the longer you go without a drop.
    Holy , yes yes pls

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Eric
    Nice video! We'll probably continue to improve the effects to make them as much of a balance between "J. J. Abram's Star Trek Lens Flare Nightmare" mode and "Wait, is this thing on?" I'm glad to see that they were such a big hit during that match that both teams just got together to admire, hehe.
    I was at first suspicious because the MI weapons and Claws looked in the teasered pictures a bit flashy, but after the video I definitely want one

If I may suggest something, the sound could be a bit more subtle. I could imagine if I shoot a whole magazine in one klick (repeater) I would get annoyed after the 2nd or 3rd time xD
    signature image

So Devils Night is coming and we will all get a chance to have flashy weapons or pseudo MI's

Unlocked my war bow completely, check it out

Frost FX

http://youtu.be/SZroUm1DBYU

Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    Unlocked my war bow completely, check it out
    Thanks for posting a video, Dreamcrusher, and also congrats on finishing your weapon. Haven't seen a Frost FX in action yet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last