Thread: Some info about mysterious weapons

Some info about mysterious weapons

I still think poison MIs would look better with the effect from poison cloud rather than infect.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

New to the game, question about mysterious weapon stats!

Just curious if this is a good perk...the negative is a bit bleh...but the quick pistols extra ammo makes up for it I guess...

Ok

+ is -8% weapon spread, I use Dead eye so that would be a total of -28% weapon spread? Thats good ye?

and the - is a clip and ammo size reduction.

This is the first level..not got the second one yet.

Good? Bad?

It depends on a lot of factors. But I'd say that crucial is to play whatever suits your unique playstyle. Try different setups, improvise, have fun... Everything else will come eventually.

It does depend on a lot of factors, true. While I love spread reduction (so the positive effect you got is great), I absolutely hate losing ammo. I don't even care about ammo capacity as a whole, but I personally value ammo per clip a lot.

As you said, you're running Quick Pistols. If I were you I wouldn't try to excuse the negative effect with words such as "extra ammo makes up for it", because all of that ammo isn't really "extra" - it's there by design so that your weapon is on par with the rest of the pistols when it comes to damage per clip.

However, that being said - it's all a matter of trial and error. If you find yourself being able to be effective with one less bullet per clip (I'm assuming you only lost one), then it's fine for the time being. Also, in the future when the crafting system goes live I'd highly recommend to try to re-roll the attributes so that you don't have [- ammo per clip / - ammo capacity] as a negative (if you do in fact decide to invest in Quick Pistols).

On a separate note - I'd highly recommend trying Heavy Pistols out (if you haven't already).

Originally Posted by KyuubiSpirit
    quick pistols

+ is -8% weapon spread, I use Dead eye so that would be a total of -28% weapon spread?
    IMO On Heavy Pistols yes it would be good on Quick Pistols I guess it would be good if you are good at aiming and don't have any latency issues but like the others have said it all depends on how you play it and how talented you are.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here but on a MI the first stat is for the weapon the second is for the player, i.e. 15% more health from Health stations or 5% more run speed, etc.

IMO Clip size is way more important than the spread. There are almost no cases in which I would EVER give up clip size for ANYTHING else.

You can counter weapon spread by aiming better, you can't magic more bullets into your gun.

Originally Posted by Ghosthree3
    IMO Clip size is way more important than the spread. There are almost no cases in which I would EVER give up clip size for ANYTHING else.

You can counter weapon spread by aiming better, you can't magic more bullets into your gun.
    This is very true for Alchemist however weapon accuracy is nice on a Bow.

Originally Posted by Cristari
    This is very true for Alchemist however weapon accuracy is nice on a Bow.
    i would say true for scout also
    signature image

The stats are good. The - clip size doesn't make a difference because clip size is rounded up, so you don't actually get a reduction with weapons that have a clip of less than 20. At least I know I don't on my piercing pistols (10 bullets), double check for your particular weapon. - ammo also hardly matters because most of the time you need health before you need ammo anyway.

The problem here is that they are quick pistols and quick pistols are worst pistols imo. I personally find it a chore to level them up.

I can confirm that clip size is indeed rounded up. I have a pair of Heavy Pistols with -Clip that still carry the usual 9 rounds per clip, and a Swiftbow with +Clip that carries 8 shots instead of 7.

In general I'd say human stat priority, imo, is:
    Clip > Spread > Recoil > Health > Speed > Reload > Cooldown > Sprint Speed > Health Station

Health-Sprint are definitely not set in stone, depending on your class/weapon/preference. And Spread and Recoil get thrown to the back of the bus for Alchemist and, most likely, Vanguard as well.

"magical" items question

So i'm fairly new (lvl 17 now) and i see that we get items with different stats on sometimes from leveling up classes.

Have a few questions:

Is there another way to get them ? Because i have got 3 freaking mind controls from every reward on my deceiver and i wanted something useful.

Mysterious rarity, do they also require recharging ? (which i think is pretty stupid to be honest) i have a myst mind control which i can/will never level up, but its interesting.

I guess that's it really, i just wanted other ways of trying to get something i could actually use!

Curently items are found
    - randomly after a match - uncanny and mysterious items and possibly arcane though I haven't seen that in ages.
    - in class promotion bags - uncanny and arcane
    - in silver and gold chests.

In the future (in a few months' time or so) it's supposed to be possible to craft an item with materials salvaged from other items or dropped after a match and trade with others.

Mysterious items use up charge when they are fully levelled up.

1. Item sources:

Items come from:
    - Class promotion bags (every 5 levels from 5 through to 20);
    - Chests (that come with packs that are bought with real money);
    - Random loot at the end of the game (most common option, everybody has equal chance of looting something).

2. Loot:

There is no other way to get a Mystery Item rather than at the end of the match. You can get an absolutely random item (even for those classes that you haven't unlocked yet). Sorry to hear about your Dominate Minds, that's just bad luck. I looted two of those myself, so I know how it feels.

In the future, when crafting system goes live, you'll be able to craft Mystery Items. You will also be able to salvage those Dominate Minds for valuable materials, so don't get rid of them.

3. Charging:

Mystery Items do have charge, but only once you have fully unlocked them (upon gaining a total of 60k experience).

Hope that answers all your questions in full!

EDIT: Looks like Ysanoire beat me to it while I was typing!

Cool thanks guys, i didn't know i got it from end game, must have not been paying attention.

I have an arcane bow for my scout but it has the worst stats ever (shot spread, -healing) guess im just unlucky

Originally Posted by Linnywtf
    I have an arcane bow for my scout but it has the worst stats ever (shot spread, -healing) guess im just unlucky
    That's actually not bad at all (for as long as it's not Stormbow). In either case, don't despair as once crafting system is out you'll be able to re-roll attributes at random.

Crossbow glowing blue? What have i missed?

Good evening nosgothers,

Just a few minutes ago i got into a match and i saw something i've never seen before in this game, which is this dude who had a crossbow that was glowing blue each time i saw him. Now before making this post i made sure it wasn't an effect from the vanguard that was indeed on their team. He didn't have that blue aura, just his crossbow did. Now the reason i haven't seen this before might come from the fact that i didn't hit rank 15 until recent and thus i was using the lower rank match making option.

tl;dr would someone mind filling me in on the strange blue crossbow i saw in the previous match? SS included.

Screenshot
    --------------

That would be a Mysterious Item - weapons with special attributes and effects that are rarely and randomly awarded at the end of a match or during special events. It's a bit difficult to tell exactly which effect it is from this position but by the looks of it, that would seem to be a frost or lightning imbued repeater crossbow, though it could also be the 'ghostly' effect from the Halloween event last year.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 6th Mar 2015 at 04:29.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    By the looks of it, that would seem to be a lightning imbued repeater crossbow, though it could also be the 'ghostly' effect from the Halloween event last year.
    That looks like frost to me.

P.S. I think you meant the Winter balefire (blue fire) fx ... the ghostly one from Halloween was more green.

I have too many Mysterious items like: Stormbow, Warbow, Repeater, Quick pistols, Dual Pistols, A lot of Savage pounce, leaping kick, dominate mind, Jump, and recently i got a Axe for the vangard
    I want a piercing pistols or heavy

If you are lucky can get one of these!
    signature image
    Que la guerra solo exista en los videojuegos...

Well... it seems like i missed a lot. I don't have a shiny. But thank you for the information guys.

Hey Thomas,

You sometimes get rare versions of a weapon. The coolest of which are one of those that glow. It does no extra damage, doesn't shoot faster, nothing that makes it stronger. It just glows.

Vampires also have their own glow versions that make their claws light up when they melee attack.

Cool factor nothing more.

I rarely get any MIs and they often aren't for the class I even played, which is annoying.

I'll be so glad when crafting gets here.

Like i said thanks for the information fellas. I've noticed both the crossbow glow and a fella had his sentinel claws glowing. Both of them explained it to me in the match JUST after i made this thread and got the replies on it lol. I'm surprised at how quick and helpful most of the nosgothers are.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    That looks like frost to me.

P.S. I think you meant the Winter balefire (blue fire) fx ... the ghostly one from Halloween was more green.
    yeah actually looking closer, those might be closer to the effect shown.
    (ps did it really take me that long to edit my post last night? I was the only one here when I started editing it)
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Sounds like your PC is finished, throw it in the bin.

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last