Thread: Some info about mysterious weapons

Some info about mysterious weapons

  1. #26
    Just got a Tyrant Charge MI drop, eager to see what FX it is, will have to wait though, close to maxing out my Sentinel.

    Congratulations to the people who found one so far, they're pretty nifty, good work on the FX effects guys.

    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Corey
    We're taking the drop rate feedback into account. Potentially we could look into a bad luck protection system that increases your chance to get something the longer you go without a drop.
    I am very much in favour of this idea, that way everyone will get a chance to experience the spiffy new MI drops.
    signature image
    NOSGOTH IMMORTAL VET // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // NOSGOTH CBT

  2. #27
    If you just got an MI drop then the effect is not a mystery, it is ghostly

  3. #28
    Ive gotten 2 Mysterious items so far; a Siegebow and a Multicannon.

    The multicannon dropped during the event so im guessing its effect will be ghostly - i havent got around to lvl it yet.

    The Siegebow ive maxed out and i must say im a little disappointed. I got the Toxic effect and it basically looks like a moss covered siegebow, it doesnt look very good imo and doesnt really stand out that much since the basic color of the siegebow and the toxic effect are quite similar. And then there's the sound its making which really is too loud and frankly a bit annoying if you ask me.
    Also the shots doesnt seems to have changed effect at all and if they have its barely visible.

    The stats are quite good though so im hoping that ill be able to change its visual effects in the future as im definitely not a fan of the toxic effect.

  4. #29
    Originally Posted by 5amael_
    The Siegebow ive maxed out and i must say im a little disappointed. I got the Toxic effect.
    Would you mind sharing a screenshot? Just curious, as I've never seen that one before and also want to try to picture what it looks like on Vampires.

    It is still unclear whether we'll be able to re-roll the FX effect in the future through the crafting system. I've asked Corey that question in one of the discussions and it seems like it's not the direction they want to go. However, we'll be able to salvage the items we're not happy with and craft new ones - will just need to level them up again and hope for the effect to be different!

  5. #30
    Originally Posted by -Konf-
    Would you mind sharing a screenshot? Just curious, as I've never seen that one before and also want to try to picture what it looks like on Vampires.

    It is still unclear whether we'll be able to re-roll the FX effect in the future through the crafting system. I've asked Corey that question in one of the discussions and it seems like it's not the direction they want to go. However, we'll be able to salvage the items we're not happy with and craft new ones - will just need to level them up again and hope for the effect to be different!

    (click image to enlarge)


    (click image to enlarge)


    (click image to enlarge)

    The visual effect of the weapon gets less apparent in darker maps / areas.
    Was a bit hard to get a picture of the projectile in midair but you can see one in the 2nd picture. It doesnt change effect at all.

    EDIT: Took a better picture of projectile.

    (click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 30th Oct 2014 at 16:33. Reason: Image resized

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19
    I am utterly dissapointed with the Drop rate. 5mael has already gotten 2 mysterious weapons and I haven't gotten anything all week. I have played from 6k gold to 10k without even having a single mysterious weapon drop in any match, including my teammates or opponents that is. Since I played from 6k gold to 10k gold that is 4000 gold which equals roundabout 50 matches without any mysterious weapon drop.

  7. #32
    Hey 5amael_,

    Thanks for your effort in uploading those pictures. I see what you mean when you say you find this particular visual a little less impressive compared to the other ones out there. To be honest I imagined it very differently, thought it was going to be somewhat similar to how Deceiver's arms glow during [Infect] animation. Looks just like your gun is rusty haha.

    At least in the future you'll be able to salvage your current item and make another one out of it in hopes of getting a different visual effect. I've got a feeling I'll be doing that with the Swiftbow that I got during the event, as I don't find it exclusive because of having all those ghostly looking exotics.

  8. #33

    (click image to enlarge)
    Rather than start a new thread, I though I'd share my first leveled MI here. It has Shadow FX (which is strange because I could have sworn it dropped during the event). There seems to be an issue rendering the Shadow FX on the founder's Reaver skin though.

    Sounds that go with the FX are cool, but I'm not sure I like that its visuals are pitch black. Also, the wispy bits could be a bit more dynamic; currently they don't flow with your movement, they kinda just do their own thing.

  9. #34
    Thanks for sharing that image, TendrilSavant!

    In regards to your item having a different visual as opposed to ghostly (as you think you looted it during the event, when the items were meant to have a mandatory ghostly effect) - that's not a surprise. I have looted a Swiftbow during the event and got a lightning effect on it. So I think the application of the visual wasn't enforced properly during Devil's Night (which makes me happy, because I prefer having an actual unique visual compared to ghostly that can be bought for gold). So I hope the items won't get changed

    When it comes to visuals not rendering properly I believe Founders Reaver skin has the same issues that Evolved skins used to have - but it could've been overlooked. I've never raised that bug because I actually like the way "broken" ghostly effect looks compared to how it's meant to be

    Shadow is by far my favourite effect. I get what you mean by it being pitch black, but I still love it for its uniqueness as I think it's the only one that has the visual extended above elbows.

  10. #35
    Fire FX on a Reaver, since no one has posted Fire on vampire side yet: http://i.imgur.com/StErJtL.jpg & http://i.imgur.com/Bv9wLw8.jpg

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    22
    I buyed the multi-cannon ghostly, and I'm really disappointed. What I do not like of the base weapon are those red/orange balls, and i was see that equipping the ghost version they were blue. But when i shoot the balls... they still red! without ghosting effect or something!!

    Thats sad. I want a badass ghostly multi-cannon, not a orange-launcher.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    24


    DP Lightning fx - http://webmup.com/c27T7/
    PP Flame fx - http://webmup.com/boygX/
    Repeater flame fx - http://webmup.com/Lyw7v/

  13. #38
    Got my first mystic weapon about last night. Itaalia was a repeater, so looking forward to seeing its efect
    Ill try and post a picture when its opened.

    Good luck finding yours guys!

  14. #39
    I hate everything about this thread atm.

  15. #40

    (click image to enlarge)
    Yayy got my first mysterious, a Prophet Quick Pistols in the last match I played, can't wait to find out what it gets!
    Last edited by Bazielim; 26th Jan 2015 at 16:24.
    -+ E.F +-
    EnlightenedFool

  16. #41

    Question about Mysterious items

    I am wondering if say i was playing on a scout, I would only be able to get mysterious items for the scout? or is the mysterious items random? so i could be on a hunter and find a mysterious item for the scout? and can you find more than one mysterious item on a class? because i found the warbow but, I would rather have the mysterious swift bow.

  17. #42
    It´s randome, you can get all Mysterius version of every Item with every class.
    And yes you can find "Unlimited" numbers of Myterius items. It will take fairly loog thought
    Last edited by Knast_core; 26th Jan 2015 at 14:47. Reason: typo

  18. #43
    thank you for the information and the quick reply. Much appreciated.

  19. #44
    Originally Posted by Knast_core
    It will take fairly long thought
    Not for some. The random factor is completely unfair and I welcome the fact that they are looking at it. You could be like me and not see one for months on end and complain bitterly that people can get 5 or 6 in a day.

    Originally Posted by Enlightened_Fool
    Yayy got my first mysterious, a Prophet Quick Pistols in the last match I played, can't wait to find out what it gets!
    Hopefully they aren't going to be as crap as mine are!


    (click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Bazielim; 26th Jan 2015 at 16:27.

  20. #45
    Cristari.. that's just.. bad! Now you just need the poison effect on it.. and it will be perfect! (I hate that effect XD)

  21. #46
    Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    Cristari.. that's just.. bad! Now you just need the poison effect on it.. and it will be perfect! (I hate that effect XD)
    LOL Thanks I'm still levelling it to see what the VFX is anyway then removing it from my character (not permanently)

  22. #47
    I've realized something recently and asked around a bit... I nor anyone I've spoken too has come across a Human weapon with Shadow effect. Has anyone seen one? If not, is it intentionally a vampire-only effect?

  23. #48
    Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    I've realized something recently and asked around a bit... I nor anyone I've spoken too has come across a Human weapon with Shadow effect. Has anyone seen one? If not, is it intentionally a vampire-only effect?
    Same, never seen one or heard of anyone that has. Someone told be that it's not available for Humans (official confirmation would be nice though), and after all this time I'm inclined to believe that's the case. That, however, raises two questions:

    1. Is it simply a bug that Shadow effect doesn't apply to Human weapons?

    2. If it is intended to be Vampire only effect, why isn't there one that is Human only? Because Vampires currently have access to 5 visual effect options and Humans to only 4 (and don't we all love increased chances of getting a Toxic visual for our guns?).

  24. #49
    Originally Posted by -Konf-
    2. If it is intended to be Vampire only effect, why isn't there one that is Human only? Because Vampires currently have access to 5 visual effect options and Humans to only 4 (and don't we all love increased chances of getting a Toxic visual for our guns?).
    IMO Flame should be Human only as a Vampire running around with his arms ablaze seems a little off TBH.

    I would love to see the affect actually have an effect on the target as well maybe not a physical one but a graphic one i.e.. if a Vampire is hit with a weapon with flame effect then he has a little scorching and some fire on him until he changes the state of the effect himself i.e. Disguise, Shroud, Evade and similar for Humans if hit with Shadow then the player has a shadow wisp around them for a moment.

    If the Dev's want this to turn into a minor DOT then I have no issue with that. It might salvage some of the weapons people assign to their Inventory i.e. toxic.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    14
    My first leveled up MI. I thought I'd get something like a shiny blue bow... eh... Barely visible most of the time. Also please devs, make the charged shots leave a trail that shares the fx of the bow, it'd be awesome.
    Toxic fx:
    (click image to enlarge)
    It also makes an effect when hitting players, similar to the infect ability of the deceiver.
    Last edited by The_Hylden; 17th Feb 2015 at 14:23. Reason: added thumb code to pic

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last