Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: League Beta 2 (Solo) is LIVE with a $10,000 Prize Pool

League Beta 2 (Solo) is LIVE with a $10,000 Prize Pool

  1. #51
    Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Yeah, but the MM system in leagues works off your MMR, and you're SUPPOSED to always have a winrate of about 50%. This should mean that good players get to high ranks with fewer wins (because their opponents are also higher rank and they get more points than they lose). In theory...
    Winrate is easy to manipulate with dodging no matter how reliable this MMR-system works if you can see your enemies before the game even starts. And i doubt this MMR-system works, because i guess it only takes into account how many points someone has and not the winrate. So someone with 1200 points and 70% wr has the same value as someone with 1200 points and 50% wr. That's the reason most games are just pure stomps and far away from beeing a 50-50 game. Which also means that bonus-points in a ladder-system are silly for balancing and standings.

  2. #52
    By "points" do you mean league points or MMR? It has been said before that MM is based on MMR (details were not given such as whether it's the same MMR or separate from casual, if it changes in the same way etc.). But it was also a while ago, maybe something has changed since then.

    It's definitely NOT based on league points if bronze people get matched with eternals in their first games. Then again, people with vastly different MMRs have been playing in the same lobby so who the heck knows. It just doesn't work very well either way.

    But I don't understand - if you say winrate is easy to manipulate why is it a problem that the system doesn't take it into consideration or that people have different WR in eternal?

    Bonus points are meant to even out the differences between players who don't have that much time to play and in this sense they are useful, there are lots of people concerned that they won't be able to catch up if they get a late start. I wouldn't know what to replace them with.

  3. #53
    Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    By "points" do you mean league points or MMR? It has been said before that MM is based on MMR (details were not given such as whether it's the same MMR or separate from casual, if it changes in the same way etc.). But it was also a while ago, maybe something has changed since then.

    It's definitely NOT based on league points if bronze people get matched with eternals in their first games. Then again, people with vastly different MMRs have been playing in the same lobby so who the heck knows. It just doesn't work very well either way.
    I guess it just balances it that both teams have the same MMR in total. Doesn't matter if one is pretty high or low. Pretty simple solution to creat games quick with the small playerbase nosgoth has.

    Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    But I don't understand - if you say winrate is easy to manipulate why is it a problem that the system doesn't take it into consideration or that people have different WR in eternal?
    It's not a direct problem. But it shouldn't be even possible to dodge lobbies in the first place. Also a correct working ranked-system uses some kind of elo, where you either win or loose points, not the weird bonus-point system you see in nosgoth.

    Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Bonus points are meant to even out the differences between players who don't have that much time to play and in this sense they are useful, there are lots of people concerned that they won't be able to catch up if they get a late start. I wouldn't know what to replace them with.
    That's not true at all. It's exactly the opposite, because it favours people with a low winrate who just grind all day because they don't risk to loose points for lost games but can go pretty high into eternal just because of game-volume. This gets a little bit different with a pretty high rating.

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by kLauE187
    I guess it just balances it that both teams have the same MMR in total. Doesn't matter if one is pretty high or low. Pretty simple solution to creat games quick with the small playerbase nosgoth has.
    Yeah, that's right, it just that in practice it doesn't result in even games, because the discrepancies are so large. If you get an odd number of good players in a lobby balance turns to crap.

    It's not a direct problem. But it shouldn't be even possible to dodge lobbies in the first place. Also a correct working ranked-system uses some kind of elo, where you either win or loose points, not the weird bonus-point system you see in nosgoth.
    Actually I think many rankings have bonus points. I don't play many MP games but assassin's creed had bonus points, Hearthstone has win streak bonuses etc.

    Idk, I would be willing to get rid of lobbies as a test to see if it improves the quality of matchmaking, but I am kinda sceptical. With a bad mm it's gonna be really frustrating to not be able to leave a lobby.
    Last edited by Ysanoire; 9th Oct 2015 at 20:28.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany, Hessen
    Posts
    170
    WON -27 what the heck does that even mean?

    also, what does Bonus Pool 26/48 mean?


    And why the I loose something (whatever it is) even if I win the game ^^


    (click image to enlarge)
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    3,075
    I believe the graphic shows the incorrect numbers visually only, you are actually gaining points.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany, Hessen
    Posts
    170
    well i gained +21 points, but only because I LOST 48 bonuspoints ... (at least that is what it looks to me)
    what is basicly the same as loosing thous 27 points right away ...
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

  8. #58
    my game keeps crashing everytime I go to the LEAGUE tab and after every match after it synced. it just started doing this today. any fixes? it says im stuck in GOLD V but I know ive passed that by now. sigh.

    and after every match my league lvl isn't displayed. I know this is an already known issue but still.

    help? fixes?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    23
    nice matchmaking you got there, whats the point pourin money into a league that's broken as hell. Every single match I have to deal with these kind of people.

    http://prntscr.com/8uywx7




    in 7 minutes time he did 840 damage and the other guy 2700.. and you wonder why the community becomes toxic.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    Originally Posted by xeno2k
    nice matchmaking you got there, whats the point pourin money into a league that's broken as hell. Every single match I have to deal with these kind of people.
    http://prntscr.com/8uywx7
    in 7 minutes time he did 840 damage and the other guy 2700.. and you wonder why the community becomes toxic.
    At least he only died twice
    10/10 Would Ranked again.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    23
    Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    At least he only died twice
    10/10 Would Ranked again.
    Never seen a league/ranked queue so luck/grind based as the one in nosgoth. The fact they're paying out to $10.000 to people who just grind every single day and have less worse teams than the opponents just blows my mind.

    No it's not balanced, no it's not possible to carry someone with 3 hours in the game running around like a headless chicken, even when I try to calmly give direction or tips they either don't respond or just do their own thing, or even worse than that, call you an because you shouldn't say anything about it and let the newbies enjoy league.

    I've barely insulted anyone in my 1200 hours of nosgoth but ever since league has been introduced i've become more toxic myself, so thanks square enix or psyonix, whoever is in charge of this marvelous league.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 25th Oct 2015 at 14:34. Reason: ToU 10

  12. #62
    What a horrible system this is, I cannot see how you guys think throwing 10k on a system that is so broken and consists of all Luck, No skill only time/grind fest. Maybe because you developers don't even play your own game. You lose more points staying the entire duration of the losing team than if you just leave for the maximum of -4. Staying results in anywhere from -8 to -14. There is no reason to stay on the losing team anymore since it penalizes you more than leaving haha nice system.

    http://prntscr.com/8v5q6d
    Pay theses Russians for reaching eternal, They deserve it

    You won't see me participate in this nonsense of a league next month unless duo or party queue.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    Originally Posted by xeno2k
    I've barely insulted anyone in my 1200 hours of nosgoth but ever since league has been introduced i've become more toxic myself, so thanks square enix or psyonix, whoever is in charge of this marvelous league.
    This is why I had to take a break for 2 weeks and why even after reinstalling it as of the recent patch I cannot bring myself to play it anymore. Theres no point to grind it - other people WILL have more time than me - there is no way I will ever be eternal.
    But what is there to do outside of playing ranked? The game is dead during non-ranked times and during ranked its the only mode with people in it.
    So I just play my 3 games a day now and sometimes I even just log in for the free gold and after waiting in queue for 3 minutes just close the game and play something else instead.

    I really hope they will cancel League going forward, but I know they won't..

  14. #64
    I don't play league cause I just got so so nervous about the system..as everyone said, I never saw something so broken and grind/luck based (also if the very top positions are now taken by very good players, i'd say that most of the others are taken by average players that simply grind a lot). Put 10 hours guys with 1k+ hours others is just a nonsense.. its not good for anyone. Do u realize it, Psyonix?

    What are their plans after this horrendous league? another solo league? I hope at least for a duo/party.

  15. #65
    Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    This is why I had to take a break for 2 weeks and why even after reinstalling it as of the recent patch I cannot bring myself to play it anymore. Theres no point to grind it - other people WILL have more time than me - there is no way I will ever be eternal.
    But what is there to do outside of playing ranked? The game is dead during non-ranked times and during ranked its the only mode with people in it.
    So I just play my 3 games a day now and sometimes I even just log in for the free gold and after waiting in queue for 3 minutes just close the game and play something else instead.

    I really hope they will cancel League going forward, but I know they won't..
    Eventually, I had the same thought. I want solo leagues to vanish because the current incarnation is abysmal. It has made me more toxic; the game is dead outside of ranked; and grinders are getting paid. The whole thing is insane.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    Eventually, I had the same thought. I want solo leagues to vanish because the current incarnation is abysmal. It has made me more toxic; the game is dead outside of ranked; and grinders are getting paid. The whole thing is insane.
    I could forgive the grind aspect of it, I can live with the fact that we all turn into little green rage-trolls, what I cannot tolerate however is that I spent a year of my life playing this game, finding a team, getting better at synergizing and now I cannot play with them anymore.
    Sure, I could NOT go after the cool skin and the rewards and play with my team in the TDM pool that consists of:
    - New Players
    - Pissed-off ESL players
    -
    -
    - and me
    but I much rather play a game where I don't have to deal with queue times longer than the time window I have to play in the first place.

  17. #67
    im blood 4 now and iwill not play more, or just to stay blood, for alchemist skin.

    time to time i play some unranked or 1 or 2 ranked, but not so much fun, actually is more fun on unranked.

    some months ago i was playing hours/day. with no prizes and much more fun

    also because of the 4-5 people i play before in team, no one liked this ranked or play lately at all, all ranked beta/alpha before we play all the ranked, now im the only one who still play nosgoth so no more play in team and voice chat
    Last edited by riccetto80; 27th Oct 2015 at 15:38.

Page 3 of 3 First First 123