Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: League Beta 2 (Solo) is LIVE with a $10,000 Prize Pool

League Beta 2 (Solo) is LIVE with a $10,000 Prize Pool

League Beta 2 (Solo) is LIVE with a $10,000 Prize Pool

We’ll rain down a shower of steel and wood the likes of which these vile beasts have never seen. They think they can dominate us? They think they can COMMAND US? They know nothing. WE WILL RISE. WE WILL DESTROY THEM!
    - Toleth the Tooth Collector
    Nosgoth Leagues Beta 2 has arrived, and with this epic clash of Vampires and Humans comes a veritable treasure trove of $$$, keys, exclusive skins and notoriety. Not only will the top 100 players in the Nosgoth Solo League win cash from a $10,000 prize pool, the Bloody Victor Alchemist skin and Chest Keys; but they’ll have their names marked down in the annals of history, ensuring a heroic legacy that only the most elite players can claim.

Don’t manage to quite hit the top 100 players? Fear not, you can still fight your way into the Blood Tier to pick up the Bloody Victor Alchemist skin and Chest Keys!

Join the Fight!
    Signing up to the League is as simple as loading up Nosgoth, getting to at least level 10; and agreeing to the Beta 2 League Terms and Conditions. With that done, you’ll want to jump into League matches to start racking up those points and climbing the leaderboard.

The Spoils of War
    With plenty of money, bloodied skins and keys up for grabs; you’ll probably want to know how the quartermasters will be divvying up the plunder, right? Feast your eyes on this:

Aiming to get into the top 100 players? These are the $$$ prize positions you’re fighting for.

Vital Statistics
    Time to get down to brass tacks. Let’s take a look at a few key league points.

• Start & End Date:
      • Beta League 2 begins on Thursday the 1st of October, and runs until the 1st of November at 3am GMT/31st of October at 11PM EDT.
    • League Match Times:
      • League Matches can be played between 15:00 GMT/11AM EDT and 03:00 GMT(the next day)/11PM EDT every day. (European players need to keep daylight savings time in mind)
    • Square Enix Membership Account Required:
      • Make sure that you’ve got your Square Enix Membership and Steam accounts linked! You’ll need to do this to be eligible for all prizes.
    • Age – Not for little Humans:
      • As Nosgoth is a mature game, participants must of course be at least 18 years of age to play and compete.
    • Terms and Conditions:
      • You can check out the Terms & Conditions HERE, you’ll need to agree to those in-game to be eligible for the prizes.

League Structure:
    The Nosgoth Solo League Beta 2 will run from the 1st to the 31st of October. During this time your goal is to climb as far up the ladder as possible. You’ll do this by playing well, coordinating with your team; and winning League matches. Should you fall short and lose the match, you will lose League Points, so tread carefully when fighting upon League battlefields.

Your position will be locked in place on the 1st of November at 3AM GMT/31st of October at 11PM EDT.

Once all positions have been verified, in-game prizing will be distributed the following week. Those who make it to the Eternal League will receive an email from Square Enix detailing the next steps for your prize collection.

Get In-Game, And Get Slaying!
    Alright everyone. That’s it for the time being. It’s time to jump in-game and start climbing that ladder!

Should you have any further questions, we’ve put together a super quick FAQ that may answer them. If you’ve still got questions after that, please feel free to pop them in the comments here.

FAQ
    How will monetary prizes be delivered?
    PayPal will be the primary method, although those who cannot use PayPal will be able to provide us with your bank account details.
    We’re working in conjunction with the fine folks over at ESL to get the monetary prizes to the top 100 players. You’ll receive an email from Square Enix once the season is over with further steps to take.

Will a Team League be coming?
    We’re certainly working on getting a Team League into Nosgoth. As our beta progresses we'll talk more about that.
    For anyone who wants to play competitively with teams NOW, the fine folks over at ESL are running weekly and monthly tournaments for Nosgoth. We’ve just outlined our plans with ESL in greater detail, you can learn more about them here.

How do I know if my Steam and Square Enix Accounts are linked?
    If they’re not linked, you’ll see a prompt to link them whenever you load the game. If you don’t see that prompt, then your accounts are linked. Hooray!

Florida, New York & Rhode Island
    Unfortunately, due to a considerable amount of legal red tape in place in these states, players living in any of these regions will not be eligible to win the monetary prize portions of the prize pool. We’re investigating possible solutions to this issue for future League seasons, but this is quite a long, and potentially complex, legal process.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 6th Oct 2015 at 14:51.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Why aren't the leagues 24H at this stage? why still have a time restriction on availability?

These US times are killing me Every day I have to wait till 5pm before I can start playing league. I end up playing at night, which is less fun when you're tired

If you can't make this league 24/7, please consider adding at least 4 hours of game time, so most of us in Europe can start at 1pm instead of 5pm.

11:00 GMT/7AM EDT to 03:00 GMT/11PM EDT will be much better for us folks in Europe.

The Leagues are still in Beta, it's easier to track what's going when there's a limited window, and gives us some League downtime during which we can make alterations/fixes if necessary.

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    The Leagues are still in Beta, it's easier to track what's going when there's a limited window, and gives us some League downtime during which we can make alterations/fixes if necessary.
    That 'limited window' is now based on US times, why not create a time window that is both good for US and EU?

Originally Posted by SirRudyMan
    That 'limited window' is now based on US times, why not create a time window that is both good for US and EU?
    The current window is based on the best single window for both Europe and North America. The vast majority of gamers over 18 don't get home from work/school until after 5, hence the window starts before then for Europe.

There's a player always trolling lobbies. The thing is if you leave the lobby after the sound played, you don't get punished and the game starts 3on4. Could this get a fix soon? I guess he does this atleast 20+ times a day just to up people. Or is there any chance to just ban this player named [redacted]. I guess most people can confirm that he does this almost every time. Most toxic guy i ever saw in this game.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 2nd Oct 2015 at 17:27. Reason: bad language and naming and shaming removed

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    There's a player always trolling lobbies. The thing is if you leave the lobby after the sound played, you don't get punished and the game starts 3on4. Could this get a fix soon? I guess he does this atleast 20+ times a day just to up people. Or is there any chance to just ban this player named [redacted]. I guess most people can confirm that he does this almost every time. Most toxic guy i ever saw in this game.
    Yeah, I had the same problem, I posted about it in this thread.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 2nd Oct 2015 at 20:32.

You HAVE to hotfix how lobbies work in ranked leagues you HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO!
    9 out of 10 people are just up and leaving the lobbies they get put in if they feel like they're not going to win the game because the enemy side looks intimidating.

Me and my fellow high tier players are going to ridiculous lengths to hide their identities to even be able to get a game going in a reasonable time because of it.

I kid you not i've seen players:
    1: Change name/profile picture to hide their identity.
    2: Set steam profile to private & change name 10 more times to take up the "recent names used" history on steam profile.
    3: Removed majority of friends on their steam account to make sure the other players don't know what name they are currently under.

This will only continue and get even worse as more people realize you can just leave any lobby you feel you might not win and the wait times will grow untill we are all unable to play the game at all.

REMOVE LOBBIES OR ADD PENALTY FOR LEAVING THE LOBBY!
    And do it quick because daylight's burning for your poor players that desperately want to get into eternal for that cash price.

lobbgydodging is a fine mechanic. then i can go for 90% winrate ezpz

Originally Posted by HexMee
    You HAVE to hotfix how lobbies work in ranked leagues you HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO!
    9 out of 10 people are just up and leaving the lobbies they get put in if they feel like they're not going to win the game because the enemy side looks intimidating.

Me and my fellow high tier players are going to ridiculous lengths to hide their identities to even be able to get a game going in a reasonable time because of it.

I kid you not i've seen players:
    1: Change name/profile picture to hide their identity.
    2: Set steam profile to private & change name 10 more times to take up the "recent names used" history on steam profile.
    3: Removed majority of friends on their steam account to make sure the other players don't know what name they are currently under.

This will only continue and get even worse as more people realize you can just leave any lobby you feel you might not win and the wait times will grow untill we are all unable to play the game at all.

REMOVE LOBBIES OR ADD PENALTY FOR LEAVING THE LOBBY!
    And do it quick because daylight's burning for your poor players that desperately want to get into eternal for that cash price.
    We don't need more penalties, we need better matchmaking. Nobody wants to go against a team where each player has 300+ hours and your team has players with less than 100 hours. If they fix the matchmaking rating system people won't have to leave the lobby.

And removing the lobby altogether will only work with a flawless matchmaking system. The current matchmaking system isn't good enough (yet) to support lobby-less playing.

Originally Posted by SirRudyMan
    We don't need more penalties, we need better matchmaking. Nobody wants to go against a team where each player has 300+ hours and your team has players with less than 100 hours. If they fix the matchmaking rating system people won't have to leave the lobby.

And removing the lobby altogether will only work with a flawless matchmaking system. The current matchmaking system isn't good enough (yet) to support lobby-less playing.
    It's not possible, playerbase. kthxbye

Yeah...
    Also another thing you already were bothering about yourself (SirRudyMan) would be fixed with it...lobby dodging the last second.

I don´t understand how something like choosing a lobby i like can even be possible in this game, it´s just a huge joke.
    And I am not one of them, that has to be dodged (which I also get btw) , I am somebody that wants this in a fair way.
    Which means, that we all have to play with 50h players..and we all have to play against the guys above, that eat us for breakfirst.
    No choosing of raisin-games...
    And if everybody would have to play the same games, well maybe the match making system would also look a bit better at the end.
    I wrote so much about this...I don´t get it, why nobody cares about this issue.

60% grind, 30% lobby-dodging skills, 10% game-skill. welcome to league =)

Lobby-dodging is fine.
    If they wanna remove it they need to make some serious changes to MM/add region lock's. (I won't go into details for obvious reasons.)

Also, any bonus pool changes comming anytime soon?
    I understand the logic behind giving points to the loosing team (especially in lower ratings) but at higher levels it's becoming an issue imho.

Leagues with prize money were a great idea Psyonix keep up the good work, you guys really know what you're doing. Every person in every thread relating to leagues telling you they were a terrible idea were clearly wrong. You sure showed them.

Yep. I can't even say I blame people for doing it anymore.

Originally Posted by SaintlyXII
    Lobby-dodging is fine.
    If they wanna remove it they need to make some serious changes to MM/add region lock's. (I won't go into details for obvious reasons.)
    Believe it or not, MM is actually fine, problem is, the server picks out 8 players from the pool, matches them in a reasonable way, and then someone leaves, upsetting the balance and instead of putting the players back into the pool and starting anew, the server tries to fill the missing slot.
    Then a new guy joins, another guy leaves.
    Repeat this 4 times and then you have 1 strong team and 1 team that didnt know the enemy will be that strong:
    31:0 - gg ez - repeat.

Also try to play in a group starting all together the search,m work fine most of times, you end up in the same team lol and coordinate in ts...

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Believe it or not, MM is actually fine
    nope

Originally Posted by riccetto80
    nope
    Not saying it's perfect, but its much better than what people give it credit for.
    If we would bypass the lobbies I believe games would be much more balanced.
    One side has to win after all, and losing can also be bad to varying degrees:
    The games predicts, on the basis of the player's stats, which team is likely to win and hands out points relative to that.
    If team A is predicted to win, they gain less points when they win and more points when they lose compared to team B.
    At least that's how it's suppossed to work.

Is the end-game going to remain as it is? It's gotten a tad better, but still really annoying that I can't see what item I got [I miss seeing what others got, too] and I really miss seeing how well I did overall in a match :/ Also, it quits before I can really see the league-points. I've yet to really see the stuff on the side to get what all that means.

I don't see a point on why it needed to be tweaked to begin with. If people didn't want to wait for the whole thing to finish, they'd leave [I don't think leaving then gives a penalty?]
    signature image

i dont care about prizes, but i like real solo game except 50-hour nubz.

Not saying it's perfect, but its much better than what people give it credit for.
    If we would bypass the lobbies I believe games would be much more balanced.
    One side has to win after all, and losing can also be bad to varying degrees:
    The games predicts, on the basis of the player's stats, which team is likely to win and hands out points relative to that.
    If team A is predicted to win, they gain less points when they win and more points when they lose compared to team B.
    At least that's how it's suppossed to work.
    How is suppose to work means ZERO, by talk anything can be sold as "very good".

there are seller who can talk and sold to people stuff people dont need, but talking seems all so good, lol.

Talk is nothing, fact count, by fact nosgoth never had a decent matchmaking, never ever.

How to fix MM:
    Step 1: Remove premades in solo. Its called solo series for a reason.
    Step 2: Match dont mix leagues, match only ppl from same league both as team and as enemy and nothing more/less, eternal/plat/gold/silver/bronze/Russians. (You can match blood with eternals since the skill lvls are close and sicne there are only 100 et.)
    Step 3: Start punishing leavers, more than 5 leaves = banned for the rest of league period seems fair enough.

P.S. 12th Blood I on 1st month/80 hours of playtime/CBeta tester/Paying customer - getting this on my team:

Believe it or not, MM is actually fine
    Last edited by SaintlyXII; 3rd Oct 2015 at 20:23.

This guy is well known in the community for going afk in matches when he loses (he loses a lot). Then he queue dodges when he thinks he has no chance winning ( which is a lot) and sometimes he forces a 3v4. Did I mention because of the current ranking system he is #3 eternal? rofl. You really have outdone yourself here SE.
    [redacted]

Theres money on the line and SE is doing nothing about it. Once again.... This is the landfill that you have made possible by injecting a great sum of money into a Anticheat -less grind fest. Where is your mind.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 3rd Oct 2015 at 21:34. Reason: naming and shaming

Originally Posted by uNborn-
    This guy is well known in the community for going afk in matches when he loses (he loses a lot). Then he queue dodges when he thinks he has no chance winning ( which is a lot) and sometimes he forces a 3v4. Did I mention because of the current ranking system he is #3 eternal? rofl. You really have outdone yourself here SE.
    [redacted]

Theres money on the line and SE is doing nothing about it. Once again.... This is the landfill that you have made possible by injecting a great sum of money into a Anticheat -less grind fest. Where is your mind.
    I created even topic for this "guy" http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...69#post2168769

Page 1 of 3 123 Last