Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Patch Notes – 1st October 2015

Patch Notes – 1st October 2015

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Today's update and launch focuses solely on the ranked solo queue. You won't be able to team up with friends in solo queue no. Ranked parties is indeed something that we want to get up and running, but they still require more work before they're ready.

If you've got enough friends to form a team, you can of course potentially look to get involved with the ESL Weekly and Monthly cups. In fact, we've just gone into a bit more depth about our plans with ESL here.
    Any chance you could elaborate on the "more work?" We did have duo parties in a previous league alpha, after all.

P.S. ESL is not a substitute or viable alternative for people who want to play league with friends.

Atm theres a bug that increases Ping. So this might be a gamekiller for most

(click image to enlarge)

If you've got enough friends to form a team, you can of course potentially look to get involved with the ESL Weekly and Monthly cups. In fact, we've just gone into a bit more depth about our plans with ESL here.
    That's all well and good - but for now, the mere existance of Ranked will make competitive play almost impossible, since you are actively discouraged from playing with your teammates.

Nosgoth Leagues Beta in a nutshell.

Even after all of the criticism. After all of the dumbfounded players from ESL and beyond. You still went ahead with the leagues in its broken fashion and threw money at it. I have no words.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 1st Oct 2015 at 19:04.

do u think that put EU players on NA server with 180 ping is a good idea right? Cause u're keep doing this since the first beta.. 3rd game in a row like this for me.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    That's all well and good - but for now, the mere existance of Ranked will make competitive play almost impossible, since you are actively discouraged from playing with your teammates.
    this is the point. So true. Consider it please. At least enable duo queue, still better than solo.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 1st Oct 2015 at 19:04. Reason: merged consecutive posts

I am already apologizing in advance for being an insufferable over the next couple weeks, but I can imagine I won't be the only one overflowing with Salt.
    I am normally pretty chill but I already have plenty of sodium today, crashes, leavers, and brand new players SMH
    signature image

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Forfeit:

• We're adding a forfeit system where if an imbalance is detected in the first few minutes of a ranked match (due to a leaver) we automatically end the match and don't count it. There's a window after the imbalance is detected where players have a chance to reconnect.
    There's a bug in the forfeit system. A guy just left the lobby at the last second, but the game still started. So the game starts with 3v4 people. Here's the thing, the guy never returned cause he wasn't in the game to begin with, so the forfeit system doesn't activate and we're stuck in a 3v4 match.

Someone else leaves, so its 2v4, so by this time I know I don't get a penalty for leaving, so I also leave (after at least 3min). The rejoin button isn't there so I think the forfeit system is working, so I click the 'Play' button... guess what? They put me back in the same match, the same 2v4 match...

Someone found a loophole in this forfeit system and is abusing it... really annoying. This really takes the fun out of playing. I'll probably get a penalty for leaving the second time, which just isn't right. Please fix this bug!

I noticed a lot of warping since the new patch. It usally starts at the end of the first round (does not matter if I start as human or vampire) and it get continually worse. My ping is fine, my fps too and other people in my matches had the same problem.

I just wanted to bring my feedback to this table too:

-

Aight I´m out.
    Wish you guys fun with playing...
    and as devs, getting feedback of money oriented players, that will bring you down now...
    cuz it will not work, cuz you messed it up, by not bringing the lobby change.
    Good show my friends...good show!
    Maybe I will go for the skin them days too... dunno, not sure...can´t be bothered atm.
    Back to cards....

Ps: us>eu i guess...hihihi
    Last edited by Bazielim; 1st Oct 2015 at 23:23. Reason: Tou # 16

Here's my feedback on the leagues so far:

-The forfeit system is a nice addition. It saved me from two potentially awful games today. Good work in that regard.

-Prizes don't really seem worth it (except Eternal and Blood rank prizes). It seems lame that silver and bronze people get basically the same thing. Also, the skin being for blood league only seems like an unnecessary change. And did the amount of chest keys you can earn also go down? I don't understand the logic in that, considering the chests aren't very interesting anyway.

-Could we play with at least one friend again please? It seems kind of silly to force everyone to play solo in a team oriented game. Now since so many people play ranked, finding a match in a normal mode with a team is that much more difficult. I'd be okay with any size of team being permitted to enter ranked, but if that's too much, then how about we do 2 player teams again at least.

-Is there even any matchmaking done? It seems like I kept playing the exact same people the entire time, and the teams ended up being mostly the same every time. I'm now starting leagues 2/5/1 (wins/losses/ties) because I keep playing the same people (who are better at the game than me). I understand it's hard to have good match making with low player population, but it's kind of annoying to keep losing to the exact same people repeatedly. I don't know if you can really do much about this, but I thought I'd mention it.

-I also noticed an issue where I came into the game, clicked on profile, and the Summoner and Vanguard classes were gone. They still showed up in the armory and in a match though.
    Last edited by Gugulug5000; 1st Oct 2015 at 23:25.

Forfeit:

• We're adding a forfeit system where if an imbalance is detected in the first few minutes of a ranked match (due to a leaver) we automatically end the match and don't count it. There's a window after the imbalance is detected where players have a chance to reconnect.
    The forfeit system should also be activated when someone leaves at the last minute of the 1st round. The leaver never came back in the second round so it was a sure loss for us

Originally Posted by gzvirax
    Any chance you could elaborate on the "more work?" We did have duo parties in a previous league alpha, after all.

P.S. ESL is not a substitute or viable alternative for people who want to play league with friends.
    Duo queues are an entirely different beast to full party matchmaking. Each comes with their own specific challenges that need to be taken into consideration and addressed. Right now, we're focusing on one League format and looking to make it as enjoyable as possible. With that done, we'll take a look at other variants .

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    Atm theres a bug that increases Ping. So this might be a gamekiller for most
    Very odd, were you playing on Wifi by any chance?

Actively discouraged might be a tad strong there Mr Wolv. For the more competitive players Ranked Queues are always going to be a more appealing prospect, regardless of the prizes involved. Starting out with a solo queue while still testing reduces the number of variables at play, making testing significantly easier. Not only that, but it's easier for more players to get involved and have a blast.

Originally Posted by uNborn-
    Nosgoth Leagues Beta in a nutshell.

Even after all of the criticism. After all of the dumbfounded players from ESL and beyond. You still went ahead with the leagues in its broken fashion and threw money at it. I have no words.
    Nosgoth is still in beta, as such elements of the game will be less than ideal during this period. Alongside the launch of this season, we did introduce a number of fixes and improvements that have addressed some of the concerns that have been raised by players previously. Nosgoth is still in Beta. Leagues are still in beta. We continue to work to improve League's where we can.

Incidentally, we announced improvements to the ESL system yesterday as well. We're not leaving ESL out in the cold, and we very much look forward to growing the playerbase over the coming months too.

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    do u think that put EU players on NA server with 180 ping is a good idea right? Cause u're keep doing this since the first beta.. 3rd game in a row like this for me.

this is the point. So true. Consider it please. At least enable duo queue, still better than solo.
    Hmmm, have you got Europe selected as your preferential matchmaking region? Or perhaps you're playing late at night/early in the morning?

Originally Posted by SirRudyMan
    There's a bug in the forfeit system. A guy just left the lobby at the last second, but the game still started. So the game starts with 3v4 people. Here's the thing, the guy never returned cause he wasn't in the game to begin with, so the forfeit system doesn't activate and we're stuck in a 3v4 match.

Someone else leaves, so its 2v4, so by this time I know I don't get a penalty for leaving, so I also leave (after at least 3min). The rejoin button isn't there so I think the forfeit system is working, so I click the 'Play' button... guess what? They put me back in the same match, the same 2v4 match...

Someone found a loophole in this forfeit system and is abusing it... really annoying. This really takes the fun out of playing. I'll probably get a penalty for leaving the second time, which just isn't right. Please fix this bug!
    Very odd indeed...just double checking, this occurred in ranked, right?

Originally Posted by Louves
    I noticed a lot of warping since the new patch. It usally starts at the end of the first round (does not matter if I start as human or vampire) and it get continually worse. My ping is fine, my fps too and other people in my matches had the same problem.
    Does this happen during every match for you? This all sounds very odd indeed.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Very odd indeed...just double checking, this occurred in ranked, right?
    Yes, during a ranked match. At least one other person (I know of) on the forum has the same problem. He posted it in this thread.

Probably a lot more people have this problem (cause I wasn't the only one in that match) but not all of them post it on the forum.

Originally Posted by Gugulug5000
    Here's my feedback on the leagues so far:

-Prizes don't really seem worth it (except Eternal and Blood rank prizes). It seems lame that silver and bronze people get basically the same thing. Also, the skin being for blood league only seems like an unnecessary change. And did the amount of chest keys you can earn also go down? I don't understand the logic in that, considering the chests aren't very interesting anyway.
    Yeah, raising the rank for earning the skin, and lowering the amount of keys was not a very nice move, getting to gold rank felt plausible to me, but blood? Just the thought of that grind to get that alchemist skin makes me nauseous... I really don't think I will manage to get it this time... Which is crying shame for the skin is so nice looking... And we get bombarded with chests enough as it is, got 27+ at the time I am writing this, why on Earth did you lower the amount of keys!?
    Last edited by Fatereaver; 2nd Oct 2015 at 18:43.

These so-called "Leave Trollers" are really getting annoying. They join a lobby in pairs, one on each side. Then one leaves at 0 seconds when you hear the sound. The other one stays and has an easy win with a 4v3 match.

I got the names and profiles of two Leave Trollers, but sadly I can't post them here. The Forfeit System should be adjusted so Leave Trollers can't continue this form of cheating.

Actively discouraged might be a tad strong there Mr Wolv. For the more competitive players Ranked Queues are always going to be a more appealing prospect, regardless of the prizes involved. Starting out with a solo queue while still testing reduces the number of variables at play, making testing significantly easier. Not only that, but it's easier for more players to get involved and have a blast.

Sorry but actively discoyraged is a perfect definition. Its now impossible to play with teammates since everyone want to grind solo, nobody play regular TDM and scrim are impossible to find. That's what u achieved^^

We'll be sharing some more news on that soon.

We'd certainly like to! Once it'll be okay to run it 24/7 we'll let you guys know as soon as that can go ahead!

We posted a blog after the initial announcement, digging into it a bit more. Check that out on this page. There will be more specific news to follow regarding the ESL. Teams would be the focus in the future, but we're starting off first with the Solo Series.
    Oh, that's good news. I hope with the next league 24/7 will be available agian like the first league. And maybe a ping limiter, so people with high ping can also play. If all people would just get the same ping (within a range of 10), so slow people down when needed, that would make things far more playable.

Duo queues are an entirely different beast to full party matchmaking.

Right now, we're focusing on one League format and looking to make it as enjoyable as possible. With that done, we'll take a look at other variants .
    Maybe listen to the feedback? Solo leagues are not enjoyable at all, and much of the community has said so. This "focus" you describe is completely misplaced.

Many players don't care if we're given full party or duo leagues; we just want to play with friends.
    Last edited by gzvirax; 2nd Oct 2015 at 22:01.

I kinda like solo leagues... :S I was getting so tired of fighting against stacks of people all the time, but I really wish we could have both solo and party leagues side by side so everyone gets what they want in a perfect world.

Originally Posted by Fatereaver
    I kinda like solo leagues... :S I was getting so tired of fighting against stacks of people all the time, but I really wish we could have both solo and party leagues side by side so everyone gets what they want in a perfect world.
    Sounds like a great solution to me.
    And then, after a short time of collecting players, change it to team-leagues play for money...and solo for skins maybe.
    Something like that.

I like Solo queues just fine. I usually only play solo because most of my friends aren't online when I am. What am I supposed to do, not play?

SirRudyMan, managing to manipulate that scenario on a consistent basis would be pretty tricky, but plausible. Please feel free to send me a PM with the names of those you feel are abusing the system.

gzvirax, while there are certainly a number of people who don't enjoy the solo queue, there are plenty who do as well.

FateReaver. As I've mentioned elsewhere, we're looking at the possibility of ranked parties; but right now our focus is on continuing to improve the solo queue. With that done, we can then begin to look at options for expansion.

SirRudyMan, managing to manipulate that scenario on a consistent basis would be pretty tricky, but plausible. Please feel free to send me a PM with the names of those you feel are abusing the system.
    I've sent you a PM

P.S. the second PM contains larger screenshots, but they keep getting cropped, so you need to right click them and select "View Image" to see the full-sized image.

gzvirax, while there are certainly a number of people who don't enjoy the solo queue, there are plenty who do as well.
    Using the word "plenty" is a stretch.

Most of the discussion I've seen on the forums is pretty frustrated/fed up with the current system.

Now I won't say solo league is the cause, but I noticed significantly fewer leavers and 3v4s during the league alpha that allowed duo parties. There is definitely some correlation between solo league and people not wanting to stay.

Originally Posted by gzvirax
    Using the word "plenty" is a stretch.

Most of the discussion I've seen on the forums is pretty frustrated/fed up with the current system.

Now I won't say solo league is the cause, but I noticed significantly fewer leavers and 3v4s during the league alpha that allowed duo parties. There is definitely some correlation between solo league and people not wanting to stay.
    As is typical across the vast majority of service related forums out there, not only gaming based forums; the conversation that takes place skews disproportionately toward unhappy users. There are a number of reasons for that, but the biggest is that those players who're happy and having a blast playing the game, will continue to play the game rather than jumping onto the forum. Whereas players who are unhappy, will quite understandably want to have the issue that they're unhappy about addressed and fixed, so they'll come to the forum for info, and oftentimes then to contribute to discussion about the issue.

That's not to discount them the unhappy players; quite the opposite. We need to try and address the points that're making players unhappy. The above simply highlights why it can sometimes like like 60% of players don't like something, when in fact that's not the case.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 7th Oct 2015 at 09:45. Reason: Added Quote

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last