Thread: Indulge my curiosity. :)

Cool Indulge my curiosity. :)

Hey all.

I've been wondering a bit about how it feels to play this game.

I took quite a while to play through the 4 episodes.

But I wanted to ask has anyone shed any tears of this story so far ?

I know I have, along with losing some sleep and having some odd dreams related to certain events.

But then my life is a bit of a odd mixture of Chloe's, Kate's and David´s lives, so in a way there is quite a bit to relate to.

KD.

I never cry with videogames! Well... In February, 2 or 3 days after finishing Episode 1, once again I was thinking about Max and Chloe, nostalgia and melancholy came in mind... yeah, I think that was tears. I was close to tears a few days after Episode 2 too, when Kate died...

I've felt emotions for sure. I've been angry, hurt, excited. I dont cry for very much though.
    "If you come with me, NOTHING will ever be the same again." - The Doctor

Well, this game gave me incredibly powerful experience.

I actually cried then Chloe asked Max for help in the beggining of the episode 4. My Max refused and returned timeline to the condition it should be and that was really powerful.

Also a lot of incredibly joyful moments like kiss in episode 2 and tragic ones like Rachel appearance those gave me loads of inspiration and reasons to think about serious stuff like life, death etc.

So far this game is the most powerful experience for my entire life. More powerful than any book, any movie or any game. If episode 5 won't be ed up then this game will be perfect.

No, not yet.. though I think the emotional roller-coaster they will take us on with episode 5 will make the episodes prior feel like a pleasant ride on the teacups. And that's saying something given that this game already has taken us on one hell of a ride. Never have I felt more involved and connected with a game than when it had us on the rooftop with Kate, or when it forced us to accept that we couldn't undo everything.

No tears from me - I know in myself that it is just a game formed and developed from the imagination of someone with a sensitivity in creativeness. That is not to say that I have not been touched or affected by it - I have. The game deals with hard issues that can happen in some people's lives, but each and everyone of us can relate to the events within the game.

Why?

Because we are only human; we are not perfect.

The world is not perfect.
    signature image

This game has really effected me. Having had some very dark times myself, very recently and just before i played the game, the kate scene and Chloe's talk about William hit pretty hard. But the one that hit the most was Chloe finding Rachel... This is the only game that makes me so emotional... I can relate so much to it. After episode 4 i had a headache for the rest of the night! I really wish i didn't relate to some of the characters, or be effected so much... but unfortunately I am...

On a positive note, I really appreciate the Developers for making such an amazing game. And especially for caring about people who might be effected by topics in LIS or just depression in general. I just want to give them a huge hug x")

Thank you all for sharing on this tread.

I've had a lot of personal experiences with this game. First would be how Chloe feels abandoned by other people, I have had plenty of "friends" walk out on me over the years and lost one parent to drug overdose/suicide. I had some serious trouble when I failed to save Kate for committing suicide, given the fact I have experienced a similar event in my life by watching a friend of mine fall to his death. I do carry some of the burden of his death because I could not convince him to stop doing what he was doing. I also do understand how Chloe feels towards David, I had 2 foster parents that make David look like a swell dude...

What gave the most pause was Chloe's relationship with Rachel, I've lost one friend that was very dear to me that ended up being murdered about a decade a ago and I even felt quite down when you find Rachel in the game.

Seeing Chloe get killed was quite a shock as well, given how much I can relate to her.

I also have somethings in common with Alyssa and Kate, given how they are bullied through out the game. I've had about 15 years worth of severe bullying witch has causes be some serious mental issues in the long run, anthropophobia being the worst, though ptds gives it's share of problems as well.

I am however very grateful that the game does not include having one's child/children taken from you...

KD.

Damn... I really just want to give you a big hug...

Yeah, I could do with some of those now and then.
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

Same here *gives lots of hugs*

I know, I know, it's not an actual "physical" hug but it's the thought that counts right?

Indeed it does. Existence is all in my head anyways right ? (Living/reliving events in my mind can be as real as it happened in meat space)
    Last edited by KristaD; 2nd Oct 2015 at 09:25.

Quote Originally Posted by KristaD View Post
    But I wanted to ask has anyone shed any tears of this story so far ?
    I cried many times when i played this. It is just so sad in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    I cried many times when i played this. It is just so sad in so many ways.
    Especially when you're replaying your most hated piece of all media 7 times or so, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Especially when you're replaying your most hated piece of all media 7 times or so, right?
    But of course wrong, as always . The only episode that i finished twice was episode 4. A friend of mine asked me to play this game with her. She said that she was too traumatized by this game and afraid to play it alone.

But of course wrong, as always . The only episode that i finished twice was episode 4. A friend of mine asked me to play this game with her. She said that she was too traumatized by this game and afraid to play it alone.
    Then how were you able to add new sins to the sin thread if you haven't played it twice? YouTube counts as well, it is time you spend with the game.

Then how were you able to add new sins to the sin thread if you haven't played it twice? YouTube counts as well, it is time you spend with the game.
    As i said, the only episode that i finished twice was episode 4. And that thread of mine is only about episode 4 and no other.

As i said, the only episode that i finished twice was episode 4. And that thread of mine is only about episode 4 and no other.
    I am pretty sure you had more than 2 updates.

Enough of this. Let's stop spamming this thread. If you want (I don't, actually), we'll talk via private messages.
    Last edited by Tataboj; 3rd Oct 2015 at 19:48.

Enough of this.
    But you was the one who started it.

If you want (I don't, actually)
    So, you do not love me any more.

There are days I would I could just rewind time indeed...

That's something that I am so impressed by with this game - its various subject matters and how it moves its audience. I love that it's something so different just by being more "real" and treating its themes with respect instead of crassness and cheapness. Just that alone it enough to make me a tad emotional. Finally a video game that is really socially responsible and taking the reins on the transformative power this medium holds.

There's only been one game where I can honesty say I have cried from, like full out sobbing, hand me another tissue type of shoulder shaking bawling. This is from someone who cries every time at the end of Gladiator. LiS has gotten me misty eyed for sure, but mostly I think I was in a place beyond tears. I haven't cried (we'll see what happens with ep 5) yet, but discovering Rachel's remains and Chloe's tremendous voice actor in that scene really got me close. It's been an intense emotional ride for sure, and there's been a few times I just couldn't sleep cause thoughts about the game kept the cogs whirring. This has been a poignant experience and it's very affecting on a more mental level for me. A lot of the themes resonate, for example that feeling of needlessly lost time with someone - Max reuniting with Chloe after 5 yrs and trying to get back that lost friendship. Kate. Just everything really. This is an incredible storytelling experience.

It's awesome of you all for sharing how the game impacted you and your feelings on it. Thank you. Hugs all around.
    Last edited by airetam2342; 12th Oct 2015 at 17:44.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by airetam2342 View Post
    for example that feeling of needlessly lost time with someone - Max reuniting with Chloe after 5 yrs and trying to get back that lost friendship. Kate. Just everything really. This is an incredible storytelling experience.
    This is exactly what I wanted to write but didn't. You wrote it better than me.

You wrote it better than me.
    Thanks. That's a first for me. I am working on being more articulate and saying what I feel. Glad to know I could express something you were trying to find the words for.

It's interesting how many themes in the game deal with the universal human experience. Everyone can relate to at least something. That theme of losing someone and finding them again is something a lot of people can relate to. It's so tough when distance or time or whatever separates people and when life brings you back, can that relationship ever even be the same? You're different people now and things just can't be the way they were. It's a great theme to explore in the game.

I did cry, and gosh, I cried a lot. I still cry when I play it sometimes even though I know what happens.

The worst for me was Kate's story. Especially at the end of episode 2. Even though I had saved her the first time I played, I was still in a state of shock, I was shaking so hard from the thought that she could have jumped. (I'm unfortunately very used to talking people out of committing suicide, or even waiting to know whether or not they succeeded, but it doesn't change the fact that this whole concept really gets to me).
    I replayed it about a month or two later with the intent of not saving her and even though I knew she would jump (and that was the outcome I was aiming for!), it still felt like an emotional bulldozer just crushed me. I have no words to describe the pathetic state it got me in haha.

I understand that most people get very emotional over the alternate universe (when we have to choose whether or not to kill Chloe) or when we find Rachel, but somehow these two scenes didn't really affect me. Well, they did, but nearly not as much as Kate. Probably because in the first case, I kept thinking that we'd go back to the original timeline (so not much thought was given), and in the second case, I had never expected Rachel to be alive to begin with, so... (somehow, that scene really got to me a lot more the second time I played it? I don't know why?)

But honestly.

I think the main reason why this game is so emotional is because of the atmosphere, and most importantly, the frigging music.
    It's both the best and the worst thing about this game, IMO. The best because gosh it's so amazing. The worst because I swear, I have NEVER listened to "Mt Washington" without crying my eyes out. Not once. Nuh-hu. Can't. Really can't.
    I don't know why, most of the music just really get to me. It's really, really effective.

(Sorry for the long message. ;ω; )