Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Patch Notes - October 14th Update

Patch Notes - October 14th Update

Originally Posted by Firehex
    And most funny thing is...attention!! You Broke Party System... again. * There should be my wall of bad rage words about developers,but i'll try to calm down* When i tryed with my friend to create party we got this again and again : "Unable to join friend's lobby. Authentication has failed".

What did i do to resolve this problem:
    1. Restart game (both of us did this)
    2. Restart steam (also both)
    3. Check game files via steam cache

NOTHING helped. Saikocat said :"Sliiiight delay while we tick all the boxes and make sure everything is in working order, but it'll be worth it!" Did you even test party system after patch ?

I really..really !! (there should also be some bad words,but i'll resist) hope what you will fix party system in few days,not 2-3 weeks as it was before. I was polite as i could. Good luck
    Me and some other friends noticed it yesterday too, but found quickly a solution... it seems (at least for us) that we could invite as soon as someone found a lobby with free slots..
    signature image

and could you please stop resetting key bindings with every patch that's been released ... thx
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

I just had a 59 to 59 game, and at the end it actually said "Match Draw"! http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...A63898D8BFD2A/
    Although, I did notice in the Gold Earned section it says we Lost and only gave the 50 gold (I'm curious if it said the same thing for the other team). Did we actually tie (besides the obvious 59 to 59 score) or is the same (or new?) system to determine the winner still in place?

And mouse sensitivity please thx!)))
    signature image

Originally Posted by Firehex
    So, just my review about this patch.

Whip - nice nerf.
    Grenades - not so needed,but ok.

Poison Cloud - i have neved used it,but i think 7 seconds was really too much.

Hex Shot - before patch it was most OP human ability, now you made it even better =))

Pounces - why savage's danage got nerfed more than normal one ? You need to aim better to land it. But we got better dot damage. In high lvl games hit damage is more important,because humans will save teammates very fast.
    Choking Haze - aww...whole 1 second. A bit sad,but not so much.
    Evasion - balanced nerf. I am ok with that.

Tyrant - straigh buff imho. Need to play him more for testing his new buffs.

Sentinel - that 0,25 seconds nerf made me happy a bit. Not so much,but thanks.

Bugs
    Fixed an issue with hearing looping ability audio stuck on in game for the duration of the match. - NOPE. My teammate said it continued even on new map.
    Fixed an issue causing 'ghost players' to not be fully kicked out of lobbies, leading to permanent 4v3 matches. This should reduce the frequency and severity of 4v3 lobbies, but the issue may still occur for other reasons. We will be keeping close tabs on the state of lobbies after this patch to track down remaining issues. - no idea, need more time to check this.
    Fixed a number of one time crash issues - good to hear.
    We have implemented additional debugging for the issue causing players to occasionally be unable to spawn in the second round of a match and hope to hotfix the issue soon. - you should fix it as soon as you can,because this is most major bug right now.

And most funny thing is...attention!! You Broke Party System... again. * There should be my wall of bad rage words about developers,but i'll try to calm down* When i tryed with my friend to create party we got this again and again : "Unable to join friend's lobby. Authentication has failed".

What did i do to resolve this problem:
    1. Restart game (both of us did this)
    2. Restart steam (also both)
    3. Check game files via steam cache

NOTHING helped. Saikocat said :"Sliiiight delay while we tick all the boxes and make sure everything is in working order, but it'll be worth it!" Did you even test party system after patch ?

I really..really !! (there should also be some bad words,but i'll resist) hope what you will fix party system in few days,not 2-3 weeks as it was before. I was polite as i could. Good luck
    FYI if you join while in a lobby it works
    signature image

I don't understand the pounce nerfs but it doesn't really affect me, Savage Pounce seems like something that needs skill to hit you should be punished with high damage for getting hit by it.

I normally play Hunter and appreciate whip was over the top. The delay is sensible. Still getting used to grenade animation but it's just a case of adjusting.

I like the new vampire hit effects. Is it a subtle nod to Soul Reaver? (I think Raziel had a slight blue outline on his claws when he attacked?)
    signature image

I don't know if the savage/pounce nerfs were really needed, but I don't have problem with them either. I think that more often than not, when I get hit by a full initial damage SP I also take the full DoT

I can't execute as vampire since last patch. It seems to be related to the execution slot you use to equip the different exectutions. The first game I played I got an error saying something like "Can't equip item XXXXXX on slot5". Everytime I try to execute it grabs the body instead.

I didn't change my binds and I checked they are correct.
    IF | malga.

Originally Posted by malgaa
    I can't execute as vampire since last patch. It seems to be related to the execution slot you use to equip the different exectutions. The first game I played I got an error saying something like "Can't equip item XXXXXX on slot5". Everytime I try to execute it grabs the body instead.

I didn't change my binds and I checked they are correct.
    Please set your BCMPInput file off of "Read-Only" (if you have it set to that) and that should fix the Execute problem. A lot of others and myself were having this problem and this seem to fix the issue. If this doesn't, delete your BCMPInput file, go into Nosgoth to repopulate it, then tweek it again and you can set it to "Read-Only" again!

(BCMPInput is located in: user>documents>my games>Nosgoth>BCMPGames>Config)

Also unrelated question:
    Did you guys change Vampire melee at all? Not the obvious animation change (that wasn't listed, once again, this is truly really frustrating, every little change should be listed no matter how minuscule, it would keep questions like this from popping up). I've had several people report to me that it feels funky, off, and bottom line different.

Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    Please set your BCMPInput file off of "Read-Only" (if you have it set to that) and that should fix the Execute problem. A lot of others and myself were having this problem and this seem to fix the issue. If this doesn't, delete your BCMPInput file, go into Nosgoth to repopulate it, then tweek it again and you can set it to "Read-Only" again!

(BCMPInput is located in: user>documents>my games>Nosgoth>BCMPGames>Config)
    It worked, thanks very much sexy hunter
    IF | malga.

Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    Also unrelated question:
    Did you guys change Vampire melee at all? Not the obvious animation change (that wasn't listed, once again, this is truly really frustrating, every little change should be listed no matter how minuscule, it would keep questions like this from popping up). I've had several people report to me that it feels funky, off, and bottom line different.
    It certainly feels like my character glides around a bit more during attacks, it's like I don't even have to dodge roll to both hit the opponent and then move around them. However, I've also missed a couple more attacks than usual when it looks like I should have landed them (happened before because it's a lag thing, but it feels like it's a little more frequent now, pretty annoying against humans that actually strafe when they initially start strafing and my impale moves right through them).

Put simply, I'm killing people fabulously.

I know I'm far from the only one to toss my opinions out, but I wanted to weigh in on some of the changes as well.

Mysterious Items - I realize Nosgoth is going to be free-to-play and because of that cosmetics will make the bulk of your cash, but I'm not so sure gaudy TF2-eqsue "Unusual" weapons are the route to take with Nosgoth. I would like to see their "Strange" kill counting weapons though.

Immolation - is a great idea, overall. I think the charge-up time dropping to 3 seconds would be considerably better. As it is now, killing an Alchemist who's activated Immolation, even on your own, is quite easy to do before she detonates. Dodging it entirely is even easier. Seems to be really only useful as a surprise attack to throw on once and a while and use it when you're NOT the focus of attention.

Hunter - I think the Whip might have been hit a bit too hard, but not by much. Maybe revert the previous patches' damage nerf to it? Sticky Grenade being singled out for a damage nerf is a bit weird, but not too big of a deal. Animation change feels perfectly fine.

Hex Shot - Felt weird it didn't do this before, so gg.

Reaver - I like the risk vs. reward aspect of Pounce, and agree there wasn't enough of it. Honestly could stand to see more still. Evasion duration change I don't quite agree with. I think 4 second duration was fine, and the cooldown reduction doesn't quite make up for it.

Tyrant - Love these changes so far. Tyrant feels much more responsive. Ignore Pain buff was barely noticeable but welcome nonetheless.

Sentinel - Totally fine with this change. I hated having to dodge the same Kidnap twice. Dive Bomb feels much more natural now. Whenever I stop using it for a while I always over-turn with it, not expecting to have that crazy amount of control.

Stumble - Thank you.

Executions - Glad to see the normalization, so as to not make future executes better than default. Pay2Win is an abomination. Speaking of abominations and executions, solid job on the new Deceiver execute.

Melee Effects - Great idea, bad implementation. As others have mentioned, current look of it throws off the ascetic quite a bit. I completely agree with the idea of adding this however, allows you to see exactly where you're hitting which is an awesome idea. Great alternative to adding a vampire crosshair (which I did want before). Visual definitely needs tweaking though, it shouldn't be so in-your-face. The current texture would be fine for the most part at around 60-80% transparency?

Bug Fixes - I have yet to see any of the bugs announced as fixed crop up yet, so gg there. Party system being half-broken again is annoying though.

Well, i tryed sentinel class today after patch - it is unplayable for me now. I can't catch anyone, i touch them with hands,face,but catch didn't register. Dive bomb ? Before i can hit about 95% of my tryes - now about 50%. Just sad.

I know your certainly aware of this but I wanted to throw it out there. In sommerdam vamps can still get stuck in the walls while attempting to execute humans near the burning debris of a building near the corner of the map.

i really don know how is possible each damn patch you broke totally the already almost broken party system...

is 17 octomber, open beta is for winter... maximum 2 months or so...

the new matchmaking is out of discussion for open beta...

ok, new user and exsistent user can rely on party to play with friend... NO

the party is broken or almost...

and i didn't see chance will be fixed in 2 months... also because this game have a history of fix who didint really fix and fix of the fix and fix of the fix of the fix... see the sound in loop fix or the 3vs4 fix...

what kind of open beta release do you have in mind? like this you will only push away the new player base gain from open beta...

almost all friend i push to try time game, give up play it duo this issue with party system...

myself when i try to play in party i oeften after 3/4/5 try, restart game, try again, etc etc give up to play at all the game...

i really dont understand where are you concentrate your effort for this open beta release, seems you miss what a community REALLY need to play and enjoy the game, the matchmaking or AT LEAST a working party system to play with friend...

After playing some more and seeing some changes that weren't mentioned in the patch notes, I changed my mind about sticky grenade. I think it was nerfed a bit too much. Reducing the damage to 400 is not that bad, I don't see why it was needed, but OK. The thing that troubles me though, is why the fuse length was increased to 1.5 seconds. That in combination with reduced animation speed is really harsh. It became much harder to anticipate where to throw grenade, although I'll probably get used to it soon, but now it' really taking too long to go off.

And if we compare this with normal grenade, which has the same cooldown, does 100 more damage and has radius twice the size of the one sticky grenade has, with only disadvantages that it's taking 0.5 seconds longer to go off, and that it doesn't stick to any surfaces, I don't see much reason to choose sticky grenade now. Personally, grenade seems like a better choice to me now. One of the main reasons why I chose sticky grenade before was 1 second shorter fuse length. But now... If I have to wait for 1,5 seconds for it to go off, I might as well wait 2 seconds for normal grenade to go off and do higher damage in a larger radius.

Also, explosive shots deal slightly less damage (if they all hit) but have larger radius and explode on impact. So I'm most likely switching to either grenade or explosive shots.
    Last edited by Obisher; 18th Oct 2014 at 17:47. Reason: removed excess word in the last sentence

Page 3 of 3 First First 123