Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - October 14th Update

Patch Notes - October 14th Update

Yay.

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    New Ability - Immolation
    Immolation has been added for the Alchemist class! This ability allows the Alchemist to forfeit a portion of her Health in exchange for a powerful self-explosion that instantly damages any enemy in its Area of Effect.
    Okay this skill looks nice and that u have too activate it 4 secs in advance may be an interesting mechanic...
    High dmg in 4 sec and vamps have the chance too evade this skill by seeing u glow...

BUT... during this 4 secs u can neither shoot, roll, or run...

That's a BIG problem !!!!
    signature image

Originally Posted by TerTig
    Mysterious Items
    Currently the only way to obtain a mysterious item is via random drop at the end of matches. While leveling up a mysterious item, it does not need to be recharged like Uncommon or Rare items, but once it is fully unlocked it will deplete charge like normal.
    Yes, I read that part. I was just concerned that it might have the same bug as the one that was reported with the other items that are supposed to drop randomly, but don't. I hadn't specifically tried it myself, but it seemed like it might be true when I think about it.

BTW, SE/Psyonix any change of adding this sort of thing to the gold weapons at some point? Like I might have said before, it would add a bit of extra worth to them and the code's already in place from today's ones.

Also, does the visual effect need to be recharged or just the pros/cons to the statistics?
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 14th Oct 2014 at 19:55.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Incredibly happy with these notes might finally move people off Hunter and Reaver only play .

So after seeing this rather interesting patch notes I figure my 2-3 week break from the game could end now and I would jump back into it. I was really starting to miss it and I had my fill of Shadow of Mordor for now.

I get into the game, buy the new ability and set up for a new game. I come into a lobby and we are waiting on 1 more person. 5 min go by and people start leaving and coming back/leaving and coming back. So far the one really annoying aspect of the game I hate is still around, but hey.. new stuff to try I'm sticking this out.

Finally we get enough to start and we get the count down and immediately a person leaves because we are all high lvls and there is 1 lvl 6 on the other side. So I get switched to that team and another person leaves. So now it is 3v3... and I am back to the one sole issue I have with this game and I leave as well and I'll be back another time.

I cannot explain how frustrating it is to have a game start without a full team on both sides. I simply cannot explain how annoying of a concept of starting it up and hoping someone fills the spot and stays quick enough that the game isn't ruined. At this point I don't waste my time hoping for a good outcome and just leave and stop playing for 5 min. Because if I am to requeue I'll just get tossed back into the game I just left because I didn't want to play in it. While I understand the concept of high priority in filling those spots.. all it takes is one team to get a small lead and a mass majority of people will not stay even if they get put into the game and the game turns sour quickly and into a chain of leavers. This would not be an issue if you simply waited for the lobby to stay full before starting the round. Yes it may take a bit longer to get into a game, but at least it would have better odds of being a game worth spending my time playing.

So... a few suggestions:
    1) don't start rounds without a full slot of players.. you only have the game be 4v4... missing one person is HUGE thing to gamble on. It can and does lead to a constant stream of leavers for that round.

2) track the last match players are in and if they leave and opt for another game they don't go back to the one they just left. As they left for a reason. This does not apply IFF you join back onto a friend through the invite or join option, for obvious reasons.

See ya in another week or two. I have not given up on the game, but I can say there are some things that are beyond annoying to deal with in it right now. Specially with the smaller player count since we are in a soft closed beta. And maybe it was just bad luck to run into the same problem that got me to temp quit the few weeks ago.. but I really don't think that is the case.

Immolation doesn't really have a place in this game, in my opinion. It's clunky, delayed, the alchemist suffers so little for what it can do it vampires, and there is nothing stopping a full team going 4 alchemists with 1-2 healing mists and more AoEs to negate all that damage and one shot every living thing in their area.

_________

Mystery items I really don't care about, it's more screen clutter. I'll report more when I find one, however I'll most likely not use them.

_________

New visual FX that weren't mentioned.
    •Bolas: OK. Don't really care.
    •Melee swings on vampire: Too. Flashy. Takes up way too much screen real estate, I'm meleeing here, not using an ability, I should be able to see what I am hitting. Even on grey potato config, it's just way too much.

_________

Pounce changes were a tad unnecessary, this is probably going to effect higher level play more than lower level play however. Savage pounce takes a lot of careful planning to land at higher level, so I'm against this change for now. I'm not too happy with the reaver nerfs all around, mainly the evasion, because I think 4 seconds was just barely enough to get you out of a fight in most situations. Will continue to look at and evaluate however.

_________

Hex Shot should be able to be broken out of in my opinion. Especially with the reaver nerf.

_________

Hunter grenade throw... I totally agree with the sticky damage nerf, by the way. LooooOOOVE that! However, the animation in my opinion is WAY too slow now, again - clunky, not fluid, so I would say revert if not at least scale his animationa little bit back to normal.

And the whip. Needed. Like it. Good job.

_________

FLAW IN THE PARTY BALANCE: Just witnessed this. A 3 stack got balanced on the opposite team, the guy that got put onto my team left then rejoined back on his team and continued to play as normal.
    Last edited by RazielWarmonic; 14th Oct 2014 at 21:56.

Hmm I really like the changes so far, the only thing I don't get is the nerf on grenades (especially sticky). Basically it just means that an hard to hit ability which requires skill to make good use of it (I don't refer to situations like "Hey the complete vampire team has for some reason decided to cuddle on that roof...probably gonna throw a grenade ") will be roughly as strong as a no-brainer like explosive shots lol.
    Maybe I just don't get the idea behind this one... Anyways, all the other changes were pretty much what I was waiting for all the time Feels like the devs really care about player feedback. Good job!

EDIT: Will we be able to turn off the visual fx on mysterious weapons? (It is a nice idea and I believe most people will like it, but I fear that it will be too flashy, which would not appeal to my personal taste. I like the dark feeling to Nosgoth...)
    Last edited by Persiphas; 14th Oct 2014 at 21:14.
    "There's some grim satisfaction in infuriating you." -Raziel

After playing the game I'm not so unhappy about the grenade changes anymore. Evasion, divebomb, and poison cloud changes still suck ... but I'll deal with it.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 14th Oct 2014 at 21:24.

Was really hoping to see the tyrant jump "bug fix" from last major patch reverted. I really thought it added some cool gameplay.
    Also, I think the Tyrant jump shouldn't be CC-able. It is way to easy to CC a jumping tyrant at high levels of play. If anything the jump should still do damage when he lands. It makes no sense that a huge mass slamming into the ground is completely negated by a bola, or hex shot.

I noticed the Sticky Grenade now has a Fuse Length of 1.5 seconds (was 1.0 seconds), but wasn't mentioned in the Patch Notes. Maybe I'm just wrong though. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by KDmP_Raze
    Was really hoping to see the tyrant jump "bug fix" from last major patch reverted. I really thought it added some cool gameplay.
    Also, I think the Tyrant jump shouldn't be CC-able. (...)
    Agreed (although it is fun to stop jumps XD). However, warbow should still have an effect (since it has a huge impact). this way it would be still possible to counterpick jump, but you could at least force the enemy to move when you jump in their direction in some cases.
    "There's some grim satisfaction in infuriating you." -Raziel

So after a bit of playing, here's my feedback, at least considering the abilities I'm using on a regular basis:

Sticky Grenade
    • Damage reduced to 400 (was 450)
    • Throw animation speed reduced by 20%
    I was worried at first, but it doesn't seem that bad at all. It takes a bit longer for it to activate, but seems OK to me.

Kidnap, Abduct
    • Reduced duration of grab window to 1 second (was 1.25), carry duration unaffected
    • Tooltip now correctly displays the duration that you carry your victim rather than the duration of the Kidnap "window
    It took me some time to get used to shorter grab window at first, but doesn't seem like a too strong nerf.

UI
    • The Buy/Rent flow in the Store has been updated for a more intuitive experience when purchasing and renting items.
    This is really nice, much easier to buy stuff now. Also, considering some unmentioned UI tweaks, I noticed there's some kind of slider on top when you're choosing game mode. Looks like a preparation for adding some new game modes.

Also, I dont know why, but I received 10k gold with this patch. So, thanks!

And now the bugs I encountered:
    • The sound loop bug is still present. I died while trying to shadowstep and I kept hearing it. I have that recorded so if it's of any help I can cut the video and send it to you.
    • Looks like party system went from broken to completely broken again. Tried to party up with a friend, we couldn't. Also, I asked few more people in matches and they all said they failed every time.
    • Not sure if it's a bug but I had to re-equip my banner and when I quit the game and entered it again, the banner wasn't equipped. Also, my bindings got reset. Fortunately, all my bindings are default except human melee.
    • While playing Reaver, every time during spawn I would get this message:
      http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/...ps68822f79.jpg

Regarding new vampire melee effect, I don't like it. Seems too flashy and it's really harder for me to hit someone, too distracting. The new bola effect seems nice, though.

I think that's all from me for now. And btw. I got a Mysterious Repeater

Originally Posted by Obisher
    Regarding new vampire melee effect, I don't like it. Seems too flashy ...
    this ...
    no vampire should have this effect by default ... and if you need this effect for the shop at least allow us to turn it off in the graphic options ... because the cartoon-like effect ruins the whole atmosphere ^^ ... at least for me

how about a rainbow tail attached to your vampire
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

Overall I think most, if not all, of these changes were needed. Most of the changes look more like slight adjustments than big nerfs anyway.

Sticky Grenade

Grenade
    This is probably the biggest nerf of the lot, but I think it was warranted. It seems like this might be to discourage people throwing nades at their feet to out DPS vampires.

Originally Posted by Obisher
    The sound loop bug is still present. I died while trying to shadowstep and I kept hearing it. I have that recorded so if it's of any help I can cut the video and send it to you.
    Nice one! Should be fixed in next patch.

Good changes. I can't say I know much of using Poison Cloud, because I dislike the alchemist class overall because of their main weapon.

What I don't care for, this patch, is adding flash to every vampire's melee attack. I agree with the poster above that it looks cartoonish. Plus, why are you adding even more highlight to already weaker than human vampires? I can spot someone being attacked or be spotted much more easily because it's default now. It stands out against everything else, like color palette and textures.

Also, I dig the changes you made for tyrant, as it's headed in the right direction, but you've got a big glaring problem with his melee. That is, you've never addressed the radius of his strikes or how he just flies by humans on a charged melee. It sucks. That's what I would work on.

And we're back! Happy to announce that we're now running a special in-game event to celebrate this update..... DOUBLE XP!
    Check out the blog here: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/mysterio...ation-and-more
    Seems to not work, i made very little gold, seems also my booster 50% not working anymore...

anyway, i notice changes there are not in release note, i mean, most as vampire, seems the animation and movement was changes, now is much difficult to hit the enemy... i write this in chat and also teammates agreed and notice this...

Twice in 3 games I have glitched into the wall, Im stuck there until I am killed or tele out. Never had this till this new update. Sound glitch is still there too

Originally Posted by riccetto80
    Seems to not work, i made very little gold, seems also my booster 50% not working anymore...
    The Double XP won't affect gold earnings, it just doubles your XP but isn't going to double your gold too.

Did you have that booster applied already?
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

The Double XP won't affect gold earnings, it just doubles your XP but isn't going to double your gold too.

Did you have that booster applied already?
    I had a 30 day booster already enabled as well. Are you saying it needs unequipping and reequipping?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by riccetto80
    anyway, i notice changes there are not in release note, i mean, most as vampire, seems the animation and movement was changes, now is much difficult to hit the enemy... i write this in chat and also teammates agreed and notice this...
    I noticed the same, and as Human i cant aim like before.. i dislike the changes for movement and aiming, its rly weird.. like i would have +50% Shot Spread or sth, even with the -20% Shot Spread Perk.. Cuz its much harder to hit.. and as vampire its rly weird in close combat, i changed my mouse sensitivity so often cuz i thought its of this.. but then it was too high as human..
    hope u will reverse the changes you made in movement/aiming and dont tell us in changelog.. cuz i rly liked my aim, now its just no fun anymore when it changed and i dont hit anymore with same aiming which did hits before the update..

Btw:
    Not every player is a mid-high sense player....
    and the lowest possible sensitivity for the mouse ingame (25.000000) is still way to high for me!
    So i always have to change my sensitivity in the nosgoth config ( to 15.250000) because the settings are always reseted after an update and its 25.000000 again..
    Dont understand why you cant set the sensitivity lower as 25.000000 ingame rly..
    Last edited by MuShYRoOM; 15th Oct 2014 at 12:16.

i noticed aiming seamed off as well thought i just sucked yesterday, tyrant speed increase is cool but taking a bit to get used to (although maybe it was the melee animation making me miss)
    signature image

Immolation – good but really hard to actually get to work in battle.

Balance – Humans…I think I forgot how to human – weakening the humans – but Scout is untouched yet the others were made weaker.

Vampires...seem ok though…well I only played Tyrant and Reaver – Tyrant seems much easier to play now and you can actually function/move easier/better which vastly improved his playability.

Store – seemed good and much clearer to see what’s permanent to buy and costs.

Deceiver Execution – damn forgot to look at this…and I bought it! Doh!

Originally Posted by Sanguise23
    i noticed aiming seamed off as well thought i just sucked yesterday, tyrant speed increase is cool but taking a bit to get used to (although maybe it was the melee animation making me miss)
    I found it so much easier last night to hit people using vampire melee – if it was changed I like it

Further feedback after 4+ hours of testing:

• Glad Whip got nerfed, but the follow-through delay is slightly too long.

• I love the risk/reward aspect of Immolation; it's extremely effective once you figure out how to use it.

• Have come to terms with Sentinel changes, but the mobility reduction on Divebomb might've been too much.

• Still pretty irritated about Evasion duration.

So, just my review about this patch.

Whip - nice nerf.
    Grenades - not so needed,but ok.

Poison Cloud - i have neved used it,but i think 7 seconds was really too much.

Hex Shot - before patch it was most OP human ability, now you made it even better =))

Pounces - why savage's danage got nerfed more than normal one ? You need to aim better to land it. But we got better dot damage. In high lvl games hit damage is more important,because humans will save teammates very fast.
    Choking Haze - aww...whole 1 second. A bit sad,but not so much.
    Evasion - balanced nerf. I am ok with that.

Tyrant - straigh buff imho. Need to play him more for testing his new buffs.

Sentinel - that 0,25 seconds nerf made me happy a bit. Not so much,but thanks.

Bugs
    Fixed an issue with hearing looping ability audio stuck on in game for the duration of the match. - NOPE. My teammate said it continued even on new map.
    Fixed an issue causing 'ghost players' to not be fully kicked out of lobbies, leading to permanent 4v3 matches. This should reduce the frequency and severity of 4v3 lobbies, but the issue may still occur for other reasons. We will be keeping close tabs on the state of lobbies after this patch to track down remaining issues. - no idea, need more time to check this.
    Fixed a number of one time crash issues - good to hear.
    We have implemented additional debugging for the issue causing players to occasionally be unable to spawn in the second round of a match and hope to hotfix the issue soon. - you should fix it as soon as you can,because this is most major bug right now.

And most funny thing is...attention!! You Broke Party System... again. * There should be my wall of bad rage words about developers,but i'll try to calm down* When i tryed with my friend to create party we got this again and again : "Unable to join friend's lobby. Authentication has failed".

What did i do to resolve this problem:
    1. Restart game (both of us did this)
    2. Restart steam (also both)
    3. Check game files via steam cache

NOTHING helped. Saikocat said :"Sliiiight delay while we tick all the boxes and make sure everything is in working order, but it'll be worth it!" Did you even test party system after patch ?

I really..really !! (there should also be some bad words,but i'll resist) hope what you will fix party system in few days,not 2-3 weeks as it was before. I was polite as i could. Good luck

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last