Thread: The passion of FFXIII

The passion of FFXIII

The passion of FFXIII

Share something you like about FFXIII. I still have much to play & learn but I'm absolutely loving it so far

Something I enjoy checking ofton is the datalog. There is a lot of information here about the people, lore & even enemies. Not enough games feature this but they really should. Just look at what you missed if you haven't peeked in there: Wark, Wark

I am quite fond of the Permian-inspired setting of Pulse, flora and fauna alike. For example, I very much prefer the FFXIII-style gorgonopsid to any of the more traditional renderings of said therapsid.

The Character Animations are so well done. Vanille with her girly girl running animation is terrific & so fitting for her. Sazh also has a great running animation that I find somewhat comedic. I can tell a lot of time & focus went into all of the assets to make it just perfect.

Without saying too much, I recently just finished the game and I have to say I enjoyed the end boss battle. While it was slightly repetitive, the challenge was welcomed. I also enjoyed the Pulse, since it gives you a little more wiggle room.

So far 13-2 has me wishing I was playing 13 again.

I kinda like how they have a recurring plot in the endings where Lightning smiles there, heheheh... The bubbly, antagonistic Lumina is worth knowing in LR, too. those are priceless memories from these series.

One of the best things about this game is the way that the datalog descriptions of characters changes through the plot. My advice to all is to read them as soon as they become available, because they change over time.

Originally Posted by Tim81DE
    Without saying too much, I recently just finished the game and I have to say I enjoyed the end boss battle. While it was slightly repetitive, the challenge was welcomed. I also enjoyed the Pulse, since it gives you a little more wiggle room.

So far 13-2 has me wishing I was playing 13 again.
    If you want challenging combat, you REALLY need to do the Cie'th Stone missions. The endgame boss battle is a walk in the park in comparison to some of those.

The music ingame is so great

I ofton find myself just leaving the game running listening to the music while I'm busy doing other stuff in my computer

@EternalAmbiguity, that's so true about the datalogs, I've noticed the choco chic datalog I linked above has changed very much as I play & discover more about everything ingame. That's the very reason I check the logs as soon as they are available or updated.
    Last edited by -Mikfail-; 7th Nov 2014 at 00:20.

@Mikfail. Agreed. I also leave the music on while doing other things.
    Others get sick of the repetitive of it after a while and I end up turning it down though.
    I think I'll also get that ECHO album track "My Hands" by Leona Lewis, if I can find it, and load it onto my phone.

I love this game
    I finished it two times, the second one was with 100% achievements.
    What I liked the most:
    Unique gameplay and paradigm system
    Level of difficulty
    All characters
    Good voiced dialogues
    Graphics and the world
    Music (OST)
    The story
    It's been more than a year since I played it last time, so I'm going to play it again as soon as I find some time
    I'll just enjoy to walkthrough the whole story and to see all scenes again