Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: FFXIII on PC - Questions and Issues

FFXIII on PC - Questions and Issues

FFXIII on PC - Questions and Issues

I (and a lot of others on the Steam forum) are having an issue where the game crashes after you make your selection on the launcher of either Windows or Full Screen mode. Some have suggested turning off DEP but that does not seem to be helping.

Make sure to notify Steam customer support about the issue.

FF XIII (PC)

Heya all
    not sure if should post this here or the support below (thinking is mostly about account support etc)

I bought FF XIII for PC through steam and after dowloading and launched , after the launcher i m getting the error

Could not secure sufficient VRAM when booting the game

according to steam check my pc gets minimum system requirements and also through this site http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri.

I do miss maximum requirements only for my VGA . Specs below :

AMD phenom II X4 @ 3.4 GHZ
    8GB DDR3
    ATI Radeon HD 4670 .

i m not having any problems playing FF XIV online and many other "new" games .

any help would be appreciated kindly !!

Keyboard locking up on Steam version

My keyboard keeps becoming unresponsive when I play this game. When this happens, my only option available is to shut down the computer and start it up again. I was wondering if there is a fix already available for this problem as it seems not as many people are experiencing this.

FF XIII PC-fix lag every 2 sec

Hey all pls use this fix tempomary...

1 : go into the start menu and right-click Computer( choose ) Manage
    from there,go to (Device Manager ) and choose (Human Interface Devices)
    To get the best performance, yu are going to want to disable all (Hid-compliant Device)
    you should not need to disable ANYTHING else

after this start game,no lag etc testing in Windows 8.1 64/windows 7

Square Enix fix this in next update

soory me bad english !!

So not even a decent workaround to it eh...I guess I won't be bothering to buy XIII-2 and any other newer ports for PC.

Can't say I've ever had this problem. If it matters, I use a Deathstalker Ultimate + Ouroboros, synapse enabled. You might be getting little response because others are not having this problem. Have you made sure its just not an issue with your keyboard, a driver? The fact you have to restart your entire machine signals this to me.

Thanks FFlama. I'm trying your suggestion out. I didn't have too much time to try it today but will give more feedback when I get a good chance to test it this Saturday.

It works normally with every other game on my computer. Trying a fix that FFlama suggested and see how that goes. Either way, I don't think I'll be bothering to buy any other PC ports or PC games from SE. I'll stick to any DQ games they release for handhelds or consoles only I think.

A Lesson in Customer Service

Use your online forums and social media to communicate with your customers! A lot of people are feeling burned after buying the less than stellar port of FFXIII on Steam and need answers as to if you're going to fix it. It's been a week and even though tons of people have raised issues there has been no official response or word of a patch. According t the community hub there are between 3-6000 people playing this at any given time. PC Gamers want Square Enix games on PC, but if XIII-2 tanks on PC, don't assume its because we don't want your games, it's that we demand better service. Thanks for bringing FF to PC, but we expect at the very least a modest effort.

I managed to resolve my issue on my own. You see, I am currently without a video card because I am awaiting to new GTX 980s to be in stock without having to pay the current inflated, non-msrp, prices. As such, I am on my 4790K's integrated Intel 4600 graphics. The issue I was having were from using the beta drivers that are floating around the web. I reverted back to the latest official drivers and the problem has not resurfaced since then.

It is still a damned shame though that it has literally no graphical options. Not even so much as an option to raise the default 1280x720 resolution.

Hey! You're not alone! I have had this same issue before. What happened, I realized, was that after saving the game, I wanted to exit, so as soon as the menus disappeared, I pressed ESC. I *think* doing this before moving away from the save points, locks the keyboard, since by pressing ESC wouldn't let me exit. I could still play, but there was no way of getting out of the game, so no trick known to man would let me go back to the desktop. The times it happened, I accepted the situation and kept on playing... only to be randomly kicked out of the game without any kind of warning like 20 minutes later. Really awful situation.

I don't know how things are now, since the thing doesn't even let me play now :/

Well, I admit, my computer is a bit low on the requirements, it runs at 1.5GHz, instead of the required 2.0. STILL, it had allowed me to play flawlessly all these days. Just yesterday I didn't play, and today when I launched the game, it... didn't launch. It let me see the menu and when I launched the game, the menu disappeared and I thought the game would launch, but nothing, no matter how many fixes I try, nothing works. I was all happy with my game, but issues are making me side with the majority in thinking this port was terrible

I support this message 100%

Don't leave us hanging, be professional and at the very least acknowledge us!

Originally Posted by psychicdrill
    Well, I admit, my computer is a bit low on the requirements, it runs at 1.5GHz, instead of the required 2.0. STILL, it had allowed me to play flawlessly all these days. Just yesterday I didn't play, and today when I launched the game, it... didn't launch. It let me see the menu and when I launched the game, the menu disappeared and I thought the game would launch, but nothing, no matter how many fixes I try, nothing works. I was all happy with my game, but issues are making me side with the majority in thinking this port was terrible
    My PC isn't the greatest either and I was able to play the game for days then I upgraded my RAM to 8GB and after that I started getting the VRAM error. Using dxdiag.exe, its showing incorrect VRAM as well. So it looks like the launcher is not receiving the correct VRAM info and thus refuses to launch as if not meeting the minimum requirements.

I updated my graphics drivers and DirectX to the latest version but no dice. dxdiag is still showing incorrect VRAM and the game wont launch. I also did system restore and that didn't fix it either. I've even checked my BIOS.

They should just remove the VRAM check. It's obviously unreliable.
    Last edited by Peter73; 24th Oct 2014 at 17:45.

Originally Posted by Peter73
    My PC isn't the greatest either and I was able to play the game for days then I upgraded my RAM to 8GB and after that I started getting the VRAM error. Using dxdiag.exe, its showing incorrect VRAM as well. So it looks like the launcher is not receiving the correct VRAM info and thus refuses to launch as if not meeting the minimum requirements.

I updated my graphics drivers and DirectX to the latest version but no dice. dxdiag is still showing incorrect VRAM and the game wont launch. I also did system restore and that didn't fix it either. I've even checked my BIOS.

They should just remove the VRAM check. It's obviously unreliable.
    I am not very savvy, but I tried this fix someone suggested on Steam and it worked for me:

Go the Steam/SteamApps/Common/Final Fantasy XIII/_CommonRedist/DirectX/Jun2010 and there, double click the DXSETUP. Yes, In my head, you'd be somehow downgrading, but after it did that, the game works again. Might be worth a shot

Plus, I hate all these glitches and flaws the game was shipped with, ugh!

PLEASE HELP: Videos of constant stuttering in PC version of Final Fantasy XIII.

I have an AMD FX 4300 Quad Core and R9 280X graphics card.

I have tried:

- Disabling all HID devices
    - Unplugging and replugging my controller
    - Turning on/off Triple Buffering and VSync
    - Putting CPU and GPU in High Performance Mode
    - Changing Core Affinity
    - Clean Start-Up
    - Turning up/down/on/off any post-processing effects

And yet my game still plays like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XImtVr2he0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg6qJ-XlStQ

Using RadeonPro to lock the framerate and refresh rate to 30fps/30hz makes the game ALOT smoother but still not perfect and it's not 60fps. Why do I have to use an external program to make the game playable when my specs more than meet the requirements?

And why does it stutter even when the framerate is steady?

Any advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by Sammy_Kneen; 29th Oct 2014 at 11:25.
    "I can help you, if that's what you want."

Big Grin URGENT! Anyone having FPS Drops or Stuttering MUST read this.

So...I've been messaging Square Enix since release day about the persistant stuttering and framerate drops I've been having playing the game, I tried all troubleshooting methods they recommended but nothing worked. They told me that my issue was 'not a common one' so they didn't know when or if it will be fixed. So...I forwarded them the threads from Steam to show them just how many others were struggling with this issue, and today they sent me this:

"We are contacting you regarding your issue with FINAL FANTASY XIII.

We informed the development team of this issue, it seems that other players have been experiencing the same issue. The team is currently working on a fix. We can only advise you to keep an eye on the forums and website for any news regarding this."

Looks like they do listen
    "I can help you, if that's what you want."

Pulsian Pioneer achievement not triggering PC (Steam)

Not sure if you handle this or Steam should but here is my problem anyways:
    I remember getting Pulsian Pioneer (in game) through my first playthrough by talking to a fully-repaired Bhakti, but the achievement never triggered. I'm now in post game and went back to Bhakti in hopes of it triggering after talking to him again but no trigger. I had to go back and trigger Instrument of Faith as well but that worked because I had a save right before Ch 12. I assume the only way to trigger the achievement is the first time you talk to Bhakti upon completing the Pulsian Pioneer requirements. I only have a save at the beginning of Ch. 11 which is very annoying because I did a lot of farming before I continued w/ the story in that chapter. So I'd have to attempt to rush to Oerba and not even sure rushing there would give me the 10k steps required. They really need to add a checker for that achievement each visit to Bhakti even if the title is already earned in game.

To people with VRAM issues: Are you certain your GPU isn't faulty/dieing? If dxdiag can't even register the correct amount then its not an issue with the game

To people underspec: If your underspec & know it, then you should know the game won't perform well or at all.

is the game perfect? no. Could it better? Yes. list me one game that is perfect and bug free. Every single game is a balance of playability and bugs. Every single game isn't perfect & could be better.

The balance of playability is founded by the devs & you shouldn't expect a patch for every single instance of an issue. Ofton devs know about certain issues well before release, but Fixing one thing ofton means breaking another.
    Last edited by -Mikfail-; 7th Nov 2014 at 00:08.

PC version gamepad config

I found some help in trying to set up my generic gamepad properly @ Crashwiki, but i can't find where to re-map the "ABXY" buttons. Can anyone help?

First off: Did you follow the steps recommended in the article, including renaming the file joypad.exe instead of joypad.txt? Windows Explorer hides file extensions by default, so you may have to unhide them first.

yup. would i be better off using xpadder to wrap the keyboard/mouse controls to my gamepad?

It's worth giving a try if you are still experiencing issues in the actual game (the launcher is known to have some issues with gamepads).

Is there any kind of ETA on the patch to fix resolutions and such? I've finished the game but have been holding off on doing the post-game content (the final missions/Long Gui/Vercerferwhatever) until I can get native high resolutions and hopefully 60 FPS.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last