Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Sentinels Too OP?

Sentinels Too OP?

sentinels are OP

especially with the flying skill they take away a lot of unnecessary health even when dropped at a lower distance. Then they finish you off with a ground hitter killing you in a couple of seconds. plus theres nothing to counteract why in the air.

but I feel like vampires in general are OP when attacking all four in a group vs humans attacking in a group.

Originally Posted by Sneakatone
    especially with the flying skill they take away a lot of unnecessary health even when dropped at a lower distance. Then they finish you off with a ground hitter killing you in a couple of seconds. plus theres nothing to counteract why in the air.

but I feel like vampires in general are OP when attacking all four in a group vs humans attacking in a group.
    1) you can hex Shot, Bola and throw Knives in their face to cancel their flight!
    2) Every class has about the same damage output, its just that the tyrant is really hard to get into fighting range without taking a beating.

i like sents where they are, not OP, once you have played higher level games (good teamwork) you will see that humans are the stronger of the two
    signature image

Sentinels can definitely feel OP against teams not so good at aiming, they can be the hardest vamps to hit if they're played correctly (that is to say, staying low, not flying directly at the humans, etc.) or teams that are mostly alchemist.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sneakatone
    humans attacking in a group.
    never heard about such thing
    Spread out. Find them. Kill them.

Originally Posted by Grockr
    never heard about such thing
    It's very rare you'll see the humans attacking the vamps as a group, it only happens in the most one sided of games.
    signature image

If you're getting picked off by a Sentinel then killed, that's not the Sentinel being OP, that's your team being poor at co-operative play.
    You should all watch eachother's backs, cover a human after they've been dropped/spawned in again.

Originally Posted by MedlarGW
    If you're getting picked off by a Sentinel then killed, that's not the Sentinel being OP, that's your team being poor at co-operative play.
    You should all watch eachother's backs, cover a human after they've been dropped/spawned in again.
    Pretty much this.

All classes are balanced and fun to play. The key to victory is TEAMWORK, that's all you and your team need in order to win.

And FYI, the Sentinel class is actually hard to play and needs some time to learn. Have you played the class before posting this?
    Join Date 01-08-2014 | Veteran 01-08-2014 | Immortal 18-08-2014 | Warlord 23-12-2014
    Steam | Guardians of the Underworld Warband | YT

Originally Posted by DeathMetalMarine
    Pretty much this. All classes are balanced and fun to play. The key to victory is TEAMWORK, that's all you and your team need in order to win.

And FYI, the Sentinel class is actually hard to play and needs some time to learn. Have you played the class before posting this?
    Not QUITE balanced yet, but it's definitely getting there. But he is correct about sentinel being hard to play, their damage and unique abilities make them challenging, it's offset by the fact that sentinel is a very squishy target, one bola/hex to a diving sentinel and your team can drop them in about two seconds or use a warbow and completely throw off their rhythm and make them a bit more hesitant to dive in.
    signature image

Play Scout. Equip War Bow. Aim. Shoot. Kill.

on a more serious note: Sentinel is fine. War Bow deals 400 dmg + falling dmg depending on the height. If there are 1-2 Sentinels in enemy team I just pick Scout and reach 20k dmg in a round with ease. It's important to play with sound, because it helps alot to track their diving attacks.
    signature image

i lol'd

sentinels are hella vulnerable in air, easy to hit, easy to counter

Not sure if serious or just trolling..
    signature image

I am very serious. Sentinel's are probably the easiest vampire to counter.
    Why?
    Anyone with a decent aim can point, click, and shoot a sentinel in the air. Bolas, warbows, hex shots, and other things take sentinels out of the air.
    Whip counters sentinel.

Sentinels are vulnerable as heck. Not OP at all. High risk, high reward.

Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    I am very serious. Sentinel's are probably the easiest vampire to counter.
    Why?
    Anyone with a decent aim can point, click, and shoot a sentinel in the air. Bolas, warbows, hex shots, and other things take sentinels out of the air.
    Whip counters sentinel.

Sentinels are vulnerable as heck. Not OP at all. High risk, high reward.
    Dear, my post was referred to OP xDD

Ofc Sents are vulnerable. I completely agree with you ^,..,^
    signature image

Sentinel is ok?

Greetings to everyone.

Its not a whining post, for real! I just want to ask u guys what u thing about Sentinel. At the moment i feel him a little powerful. Even if they are 2 in the oponent team. Why?

-He have the fastest movement = best to get in fight and leave fight. Aaaand, avoid shots. Hardest to hit him with alchemist and vanguard aswell.
    -He have the most powerful (almost)instant mellee attack.
    -He have one of the best CC ability, witch also have a really high demage. (abduct)
    -And he have a powerful ranged attack too.

I just ask u guys u think in this state his really balanced?

p.s. I really respect the guys who can fly with him property, cos its still hard to do
    And sorry about my poor englisgh again.

Kerecsen

The sentinel has it's advantages yes but you left out a few things:

1. The fast movement from the air dodge thing can make him hard to hit but you have to learn to shoot AFTER he's done the turn, if the sentinel isn't using that air dodge turn thing, they are pretty easy to hit. Also, the sentinel happens to counter vanguard and alchemist.

2. Impale is very strong yes, but the sentinel needs that burst.

3. Barring them using the wall to quick turn, it's very easy to avoid getting grabbed.

4. When you know the sentinel is running air strike you know to dodge and limit the damage.

Now besides those perks having counters which don't require super advanced play, you forgot some other stuff.

1. It's very easy to knock the sentinel out of the sky with a single bola or war bow shot.

2. Once on the ground, the sentinel is very easy to lock down and kill.

3. He has no defenses to speak of outside of takeoff and you can still very easily shoot him when he does use it. I would argue the sentinel is the easiest vampire to kill out of all of them, especially the ones running the ranged attack you mentioned. Say a sentinel you're playing against has Abduct, Impale, and Air Strike, the three abilities you're complaining about and probably the most common sentinel loadout that I have personally seen in all my time playing.

The sentinel dives at you, you bola him, and he lands on the ground, with that loadout what can he do? Absolutely nothing besides run. No escape move, no damage reduction, no shield, no illusions or summons to screen fire, and no way to turn partially invisible to be harder to shoot. At most while the sentinel is being focused he can hope the bola damage breaks early enough for him to get his Impale out on one of the humans, but by then it's almost always too late.

But that's what sentinel is, he is high risk but can do a great bit of damage. Also, in my experience he decimates the less experienced players that don't know how to properly counter his moves or dodge his grabs.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Khalith
    But that's what sentinel is, he is high risk but can do a great bit of damage.
    Isn't that supposed to be the Tyrant's niche though?

He is certainly not too powerful, for sure. Needs a buff if anything. I'd like to see Air Strike given a sticky bomb quality myself. Anybody paying the slightest attention can currently avoid all damage unless it gets chucked into a closed space.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Isn't that supposed to be the Tyrant's niche though?

He is certainly not too powerful, for sure. Needs a buff if anything. I'd like to see Air Strike given a sticky bomb quality myself. Anybody paying the slightest attention can currently avoid all damage unless it gets chucked into a closed space.
    air strike is a sticky bomb
    signature image

We talk about Sentinel yesterday at some lobby.
    When Sent is n00b it's so fun to hunt him down . When Sent is pr0 it's very much pain in the ass.
    I think his burst is a bit much. (Air strike / Abduct / Puncture).
    Sent go in / abduct / run away is powerful, and can make 250 + fall damage. Got 500-630 damage from that combo, and take away one enemy from the fight for 3 sec is long enough.
    Puncture is 400 damage. It's easy to do it, cuz much larger hitbox than Reaver's kick (375 damage), or Deceiver Backstab (250/500), and cuz of his mobility he just drop down behind the right enemy and do it, It's almost impossible to dodge it.
    If the Sentinel is not n00b it's not easy to bola him down .

The worst feeling, when u abducted, he flying with u almost at ground, 250 damage + 400 damage (not dodgeable).

I'm sure he need some tweaking.

Heh, you should have been around when puncture had a 8 second cooldown. Was absurd how spammable it was.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

sent is op as ... sad this already 9 month ago and they only nerved the cd "wow" ...

Aduct: |~600dmg/70% hitrate| (can deal even more -.-) + 3 second "stun" (its even wors, because u will get carryed into a nother vamp to finish u off, time to react = 0 or may be 100ms but no bola will be out in this time :/)

Punkture: |400dmg/90% hitrate| + nerly instant dmg
    Kick does 375dmg/70%hitrate + stagger and has a longer animation !its a SPECIAL vamp ability not a primary ability!
    Hellstrike does |400dmg/30% hitrate| + NO CC + locked in place like forever !its a SPECIAL vamp ability not a primary ability!

Air Strike: |350dmg/50% hitrate| + stickes to target if direct hit + longer range than Hellstrike, Abyssal bolt, smoke and haze + huge aoe radius
    Hellstrike does |400dmg/30% hitrate| !its a SPECIAL vamp ability not a SECONDARY ability!

and the esc-skill of senti does even dmg in a huge area -.-

Sentinels move faster than every other vamp, so they are the hardest to cc or hit of all vamps! (being hard to bola isn't a disadvantage, just because u can get bolad^^)

and if the sents are going in after the fight already started you just wont bola or doge them, because ur just dealing with a enraged tyrant at ur buddy or a deceiver in ur face ...

I´m rly not a sentinel player but I have a K/D ratio of 2+ with this class ... it is the highest off all my K/D like wtf.

also I see 2 sents are getting meta (I rly wondeer why that took so long) ... still loosing well may try 4 next time.

You may noticed im not a friend of sentinels and since nearly everyone starts to play them ...
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

Sentinels just want hugs. Its just they forget to put you down safely after..

Few things you seem to forget (except bola)to make your life with sentinels easier:
    -Warbow
    -eldrich guard
    -camo
    -mark target
    -sunlight vial
    -hex shot
    -if youre vang block puncture with shield and he is basically , you can even heal before he lands
    -dodge (!)

Im not sentinel player but i know that good senti players are annoying but NO ONE should be punished for good skills.

And takeoff needs buff
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th Jun 2015 at 09:19. Reason: Tou #3

In addition to the above list:
    -Last I checked, a charged shot from a storm bow detonating after being grabbed will instantly free you from a sentinel
    -Blinding Shot
    -Sacrifice
    -Point-blank sticky grenade

Generally speaking, those who suffer from sentinels either don't have enough awareness and/or aren't supported by their team.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

We had the same story with tyrant, there was lots of complains and requests to nerf him from newbies who didnt know how to counter him ^^ when he actually needed a buff

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last