Thread: Sentinels Too OP?

Sentinels Too OP?

Originally Posted by cmstache
    -Sacrifice
    I think the Sentinal is fine, but to suggest this ability in anything other than a "stomp" game is nuts

Few things you seem to forget (except bola)to make your life with sentinels easier:
    -Warbow
    -eldritch guard
    -camo
    -mark target
    -sunlight vial
    -hex shot
    -if youre vang block puncture with shield and he is basically , you can even heal before he lands
    -dodge (!)
    works against any other vamp and u will probably hit the others far easier ... and shielding a m8t carried around a corner doesn't work as good as u might expect.

-Last I checked, a charged shot from a storm bow detonating after being grabbed will instantly free you from a sentinel
    -Blinding Shot
    -Sacrifice
    -Point-blank sticky grenade
    every other bow does instant dmg ... so they even drop immediately
    the other 3 skills are just UP ... and also work against every other vamp.
    go hit a sent with a sticky, when ur m8t gets carried away ...

anyways his skills are still way stronger than the skill sets of the other vamps. (see my first post)
    Last edited by Wolf_the_Legend; 29th Aug 2015 at 09:26.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

With the Vanguard blocking the puncture, if you fly as low as possible during the kidnap/abduct and land to immediately to do the puncture after the drop, the Vanguard won't block it (the shield may make the sound but the full damage is dealt). I've been on the receiving end of this countless times and my finger was always pressing RMB before my Vanguard was even back on his feet.

Originally Posted by Wolf_the_Legend
    works against another other vamp and u will probably hit the others far easier ... and shielding a m8t carried around a corner doesn't work as good as u might expect.

every other bow does instant dmg ... so they even drop immediately
    the other 3 skills are just UP ... and also work against every other vamp.
    go hit a sent with a sticky, when ur m8t gets carried away ...

anyways his skills are still way stronger than the skill sets of the other vamps. (see my first post)
    The benefit of the storm bow isn't from the damage. It's from the fact that you can free yourself from the sentinel without your team. Is it ideal? No, but it's still an option sometimes; pubs particularly.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Its funny seeing all these people with sent themed names and banners saying "sent are not op" " sent are hard to use" make me laugh since none of that is true. Sents easier to play then tyrants and Decivers. The only real reason they are op imo is puncture, that attack has long reach and the ability to 360 noscope 400 damage to the target with rare misses. Bolas and Hex shot are only good if the sent is coming for you, unless yous a god and can hit a pinpoint turning of the sents in the air, knives are joke lag will prevent that 100% of the time, might aswell use the whip to stop reaver pounce (it can happend but lag wont help you). After a grab you take like 450 from fall and abduct, then another 400 from punc, follow that with 1 or 2 melees and thats a kill, at max that human that got comboed could have done maybe 300 damage. Sent are OP but not as op as enrage.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    1) you can hex Shot, Bola and throw Knives in their face to cancel their flight!
    You can add vanguard shield charge to that!

On topic:
    I completely disagree. Like others have said, a decent aim works wonders against a sentinel. If they pick you up, a couple of shots from your team mates are enough to make it drop you (I think it's about 250 damage to interrupt, like a reaver pounce). There are multiple ways to cancel their grab mid-air and they have fairly low health.
    While they can indeed lash out a lot of damage very quickly, they're equally susceptible to taking a lot of damage very quickly.

My only issue with them is the speed on wing stab especially when its ping related .

I just want a chance to avoid Puncture after an Abduction and the sent glides along the ground. I suppose Psyonix could add a longer windup to it like they've done to a lot of other abilities...

Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    I just want a chance to avoid Puncture after an Abduction and the sent glides along the ground. I suppose Psyonix could add a longer windup to it like they've done to a lot of other abilities...
    And ruin yet another ability? No thanks, sentinel is fine, and there's plenty of chance to avoid or counter.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    And ruin yet another ability? No thanks, sentinel is fine, and there's plenty of chance to avoid or counter.
    Not at all. Sentinels who skirt the ground after Abduct and release can land nearly instantly, turn, and deliver Puncture before a human is on its feet. Unless lag is on your side, you won't get to roll or counter.

Sentinels getting stuck indoors after they've abducted you. It's just... So damn hilarious. I've tried playing a sent and I'm just too rubbish. Spent way too much time trying to jump off a ledge to fly off and climbing back up the ledge.

Originally Posted by Grockr
    never heard about such thing
    Once every four Blood moons... It happens. And it's mesmerizing.

Also can confrim knives do not stop flight

Knives and bash or dash do not cancel

Originally Posted by RazielWarmonic
    I am very serious. Sentinel's are probably the easiest vampire to counter.
    Why?
    Anyone with a decent aim can point, click, and shoot a sentinel in the air. Bolas, warbows, hex shots, and other things take sentinels out of the air.
    Whip counters sentinel.

Sentinels are vulnerable as heck. Not OP at all. High risk, high reward.
    you so silly since high risk LOOL
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 31st Aug 2015 at 13:13. Reason: Multiple posts, please use edit post function

Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    Not at all. Sentinels who skirt the ground after Abduct and release can land nearly instantly, turn, and deliver Puncture before a human is on its feet. Unless lag is on your side, you won't get to roll or counter.
    You are wrong. There's plenty of opportunity to avoid/counter the initial grab, plus teammates.

I've also landed numerous CCs in the exact situation you describe. If the sentinel punctures you before you stand he will hit for significantly reduced damage, but if he waits to net full damage there's always the opportunity to CC him.

Originally Posted by Casualrocket
    Also can confirm knives do not stop flight
    They do when interrupting a kidnap/abduct.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 28th Aug 2015 at 16:46.

If the sentinel punctures you before you stand he will hit for significantly reduced damage, but if he waits to net full damage there's always the opportunity to CC him.
    There's no counterplay to puncture after grab. You can't dodge it if the sentinel times it right which isn't hard to execute.

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    There's no counterplay to puncture after grab. You can't dodge it if the sentinel times it right which isn't hard to execute.
    It's 100% pingbased though, I tend to not do it when I don't need to because of that.
    I've had times when I puncture them after they've already started shooting me 2-3 times as hunter and I still get a 75% reduced dmg puncture, . Same goes other way around though, I've been comboed like this getting hit for full damage before I've even started standing up.
    Unrealiable as heck, basically.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 29th Aug 2015 at 09:38. Reason: tou #3

Maybe not enough time to dodge, but there's usually enough time to hex/bola/knife.

Originally Posted by HexMee
    I've had times when I puncture them after they've already started shooting me 2-3 times as hunter and I still get a 75% reduced dmg puncture, . Same goes other way around though, I've been comboed like this getting hit for full damage before I've even started standing up. Unreliable as heck, basically.
    Netcode + hit detection has been inconsistent for as long as I can remember, it's probably the most frustrating aspect of the game for me. I really wish Psyonix would make a serious effort to resolve this.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 29th Aug 2015 at 09:38.

Maybe not enough time to dodge, but there's usually enough time to hex/bola/knife.
    Only if sentinel mistimes his puncture. So there's no counterplay to it, except your opponent fails his combo. I would say in a time-window from around 0,1-0,2s.

Only if sentinel mistimes his puncture. So there's no counterplay to it, except your opponent fails his combo. I would say in a time-window from around 0,1-0,2s.
    I don't think this is correct.

Originally Posted by Wolf_the_Legend
    sent is op as ... sad this already 9 month ago and they only nerved the cd "wow" ...

Aduct: |~600dmg/70% hitrate| (can deal even more -.-) + 3 second "stun" (its even wors, because u will get carryed into a nother vamp to finish u off, time to react = 0 or may be 100ms but no bola will be out in this time :/)

Punkture: |400dmg/90% hitrate| + nerly instant dmg
    Kick does 375dmg/70%hitrate + stagger and has a longer animation !its a SPECIAL vamp ability not a primary ability!
    Hellstrike does |400dmg/30% hitrate| + NO CC + locked in place like forever !its a SPECIAL vamp ability not a primary ability!

Air Strike: |350dmg/50% hitrate| + stickes to target if direct hit + longer range than Hellstrike, Abyssal bolt, smoke and haze + huge aoe radius
    Hellstrike does |400dmg/30% hitrate| !its a SPECIAL vamp ability not a SECONDARY ability!

and the esc-skill of senti does even dmg in a huge area -.-

Sentinels move faster than every other vamp, so they are the hardest to cc or hit of all vamps! (being hard to bola isn't a disadvantage, just because u can get bolad^^)

and if the sents are going in after the fight already started you just wont bola or doge them, because ur just dealing with a enraged tyrant at ur buddy or a deceiver in ur face ...

I´m rly not a sentinel player but I have a K/D ratio of 2+ with this class ... it is the highest off all my K/D like wtf.

also I see 2 sents are getting meta (I rly wondeer why that took so long) ... still loosing well may try 4 next time.

You may noticed im not a friend of sentinels and since nearly everyone starts to play them ...
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=156461

and the netcode (or whatever causes this) is making it even worse, because sentinels grab me even if they are still 2m away ... so it's impossible to kite/dodge them -.- [100+ FPS; <40 ms]
    Last edited by Wolf_the_Legend; 29th Aug 2015 at 09:34.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

I don't think this is correct.
    I can't even remember the last time i got hexed or bolad before i got my puncture off, but whatever believe what you want.

I don't think it's possible to hex or bola a sentinel when one lands it correctly to time the puncture. The only moves I've been able to pull off are 180 turn + melee roll, and knives on a scout.
    Melee roll only works if the sentinel is far enough, otherwise it will never work because the puncture reach is about one human player model height and pretty large cone at that.
    Knives don't work if the sentinel rolls towards the scout, the knives will always just disappear if the sentinel makes a forward dodge over the scout.
    Side dodging the ability is not possible because it has a cone and unlike many other vampire abilities, it can be fully rotated after the animation has started.
    I find that forward roll inside the sentinel is the only move that works, with low success rate.

I can't even remember the last time i got hexed or bolad before i got my puncture off, but whatever believe what you want.
    I could be wrong ... regardless I think it would be better fixed by speeding up recovery from drops, not slowing/nerfing puncture. Slowing a skill solely to eliminate certain combos just hurts the overall usefulness of the skill in every other scenario (e.g. Whip and Ground Slam were overly slowed to the point that they're almost useless.)

I could be wrong ... regardless I think it would be better fixed by speeding up recovery from drops, not slowing/nerfing puncture. Slowing a skill solely to eliminate certain combos just hurts the overall usefulness of the skill in every other scenario (e.g. Whip and Ground Slam were overly slowed to the point that they're almost useless.)
    Was Whip ever sped up again? It still seems to be at that terribly slow speed they made the change to so long ago.

Recovering from falls faster would be acceptable to me.

Sure there is. I've managed to dodge a few times, usually works if you dodge towards them right as they land. Alternatively, take note of where you're dropped and duck behind the nearest obstacle between you and the sentinel. If that fails, try a bola/whip/hex shot/shield charge/block/throwing knives..

too bad if you're an alchemist I guess, I don't think they have any interrupts or stuns as far as I remember. Maybe blind, and then there's dodging.

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last