Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Kingdom Hearts - Online Game Ideas

Kingdom Hearts - Online Game Ideas

  1. #1

    Kingdom Hearts - Online Game Ideas

    I've been thinking about this for a while but I think the Kayblade War would be a great way for KH fans to compete with eachother and explain a great backstory of the series.

    Like you could play beginning as a neutral keyblade wielder and either take the dark path or light path, etc. with the graveyard being a PvP battlefield and when your not your discovering the world pre-collapse.

    Just curious about other opinions. I for one wouldn't mind fighting other people head on.

  2. #2

    100% agree with you on that, it would help set the background for the keyblade war. IF Square Enix decides to do that i would love to help them out in anyway.

  3. #3

    Yeah, if they make mainstream FF titles MMO, why not make a KH game MMO?

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Tails_night
    I've been thinking about this for a while but I think the Kayblade War would be a great way for KH fans to compete with eachother and explain a great backstory of the series.

    Like you could play beginning as a neutral keyblade wielder and either take the dark path or light path, etc. with the graveyard being a PvP battlefield and when your not your discovering the world pre-collapse.

    Just curious about other opinions. I for one wouldn't mind fighting other people head on.
    I dont think disney would allow a MMORPG. But i like the idea.

  5. #5

    They shouldn't have made mainstream FF games into mmos. Final Fantasy Online and FFO2 would have been better than FFXI and FFXIV.





    "The Keyblade War" would be ok for an mmo, but KH# would not. The main series should, like FF should have, remain a story-driven experience with a focus on single player campaign.





    And I would not play a KH mmo. a hotbar for abilities is not Kingdom Hearts to me. It is not the same as playing Kingdom Hearts with friends: it is playing another WoW and Everquest clone set in the KH universe, with uninteresting quest lines for "story". Taking away the key gameplay mechanics is, in my opinion, an insult to a game series if it shares the same title (I am very worried about The Elder Scrolls Online, and SWTOR was also a dissapointment). The idea of playing Kingdom Hearts Online is appealing to most, but you would lose your sense of being the hero because everyone else is doing the same thing as you, and the gameplay would simply not be KH





    EDIT: If you are just interested in fighting other players, a pvp fighter setting would be better, closer to Dissidia (but again, while I would play this because this game would actually be fun, it would not be Kingdom Hearts gameplay at all. It is hard to move a combo-intense system into a pvp setting... being staggered for a long period of time because you got hit by a long combo is "anti-fun" and would not work in a pvp situation).

  6. #6
    I AGREE

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    431

    As much as I like the series, I wouldn't be interested in a full scale MMO, especially PvP-based.


    Kingdom Hearts, while it does have its themes of light and darkness (enough to make even Star Wars jealous), seems to build more on the theme of co-operation as a main point. The threat of a Keyblade War is a driving force behind the conflict, but if it was really that important, we'd have heard about it in the first game.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Orichalcum+
    As much as I like the series, I wouldn't be interested in a full scale MMO, especially PvP-based.


    Kingdom Hearts, while it does have its themes of light and darkness (enough to make even Star Wars jealous), seems to build more on the theme of co-operation as a main point. The threat of a Keyblade War is a driving force behind the conflict, but if it was really that important, we'd have heard about it in the first game.



    yeah! you're definitively right! that was i was thinking about bbs

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    14

    I think KH III should come out now and forget about FF Vs XIII...

  10. #10

    True I forget how hotbar heavy MMO's can be I was mostly thinking series like Phantasy Star or just keep to the standard control scheme, but make the universe online. Like keep it faced paced, your attacks happen when you want them too but make it so you can explore the world and learn the lore and the story. Not making it PVP based until you travel to the PVP zone, which would be the graveyard.

  11. #11

    Originally Posted by Laz


    I think KH III should come out now and forget about FF Vs XIII...

    No. Stop making handheld kh games. Get Versus 13 out. then focus on kh3.

  12. #12

    Originally Posted by Jalian


    Originally Posted by Laz


    I think KH III should come out now and forget about FF Vs XIII...

    No. Stop making handheld kh games. Get Versus 13 out. then focus on kh3.


    Well if a KH MMO was on a handheld that'd certainly be a first lmao.

  13. #13

    the point I was trying to make is that, if they weren't CONSTANTLY making handhelds for KH, the team could focus on V13 and move on to KH3 sooner. The Versus 13 team IS the KH team, and the reason for the delays is pretty obviously because of the number of games they are all working on. While the handhelds where probably developed by more of a mixed team (not exclusivley the Versus 13 team), the fact that Versus 13 members are on the teams at all leads to delays. They have been prioritizing handhelds instead of major console installments.

  14. #14

    I know where your coming from. That was my irritation for a while then I realized that maybe they simply want to tune the system just right so while they're perfecting and even waiting for an engine supporting what their planning they're expanding upon the universe in numerous ways. I know that the versus team is the KH team, which I won't lie, has been annoying in my eyes as well especially since It's been Versus for what more than five years?

  15. #15
    I agree with this matter because it seems most likely alot of people would love to play it, but I hate online so if it does come to that I most likely won't play it.

  16. #16

    I'd play a Keyblade War MMO just to watch everyone die at the end. I mean, all those Keyblades in the graveyard means whatever happened was epically huge and that interests me.

  17. #17

    Originally Posted by Jalian


    They shouldn't have made mainstream FF games into mmos. Final Fantasy Online and FFO2 would have been better than FFXI and FFXIV.





    "The Keyblade War" would be ok for an mmo, but KH# would not. The main series should, like FF should have, remain a story-driven experience with a focus on single player campaign.





    And I would not play a KH mmo. a hotbar for abilities is not Kingdom Hearts to me. It is not the same as playing Kingdom Hearts with friends: it is playing another WoW and Everquest clone set in the KH universe, with uninteresting quest lines for "story". Taking away the key gameplay mechanics is, in my opinion, an insult to a game series if it shares the same title (I am very worried about The Elder Scrolls Online, and SWTOR was also a dissapointment). The idea of playing Kingdom Hearts Online is appealing to most, but you would lose your sense of being the hero because everyone else is doing the same thing as you, and the gameplay would simply not be KH





    EDIT: If you are just interested in fighting other players, a pvp fighter setting would be better, closer to Dissidia (but again, while I would play this because this game would actually be fun, it would not be Kingdom Hearts gameplay at all. It is hard to move a combo-intense system into a pvp setting... being staggered for a long period of time because you got hit by a long combo is "anti-fun" and would not work in a pvp situation).



    This.


    However if its anything like the battle system in BbS when people fought each other than count me in. I had too much fun wasting people in multiplayer.

  18. #18
    Hey guys i had this idea, and might start working on it, kingdom hearts online, I want it to be a MOBA, Multiplayer online battle arena, It would work just like league of legends but with the shadows as minions on each side, all characters will have certain abilities and certain role, It will include all kingdom hearts major characters, (Good&Evil) I think this will get alot of support because everyone misses kingdom hearts and this will bring it back into the gaming world. also each character will have different custom designed costumes!, I think this will be an amazing game i hope square enix puts thought into this it will really help the kingdom hearts corporation


  19. #19

    "everyone misses kingdom hearts"





    What do you mean by that? We are getting Kingdom Heart 3DS this month and KH3 is around the corner after versus is done. We then also have a rumored birth by sleep volume 2 and KH HD collection.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    75

    I don't mean to sound difficult but people need to stop trying to make games that are not meant to be online, online. And Kingdom Hearts is not Infamous. You would have to create multiple endings in order for a karma system to make any kind of sense, and that just isnt what kingdom hearts or final fantasy has ever been, to change that wouldn't be right. The only thing that could have any kind of online compatibility would be a leader board for gummi ship levels...

  21. #21

    Thats what I was pretty much usggesting a KH online experience like the BBS system, with expected typical kingdom hearts control set up that would be a fun experience, only made online and full of people to face and a deeper world full of information.

  22. #22

    the only thing people are missing is that it hasn't been on consoles since the first two games other than that there have been many games that have come out, what people really want is KH3 for there consoles putting anything new out in the series after we've been waiting especially if it doesn't tie into the story would just make people mad, but if you plan on doing this yourself then good luck to you


    but if i remember from KH2 heartless act purely on instinct and will side with who ever is strongest so maybe you could work that in somehow,


    but yeah i like that you enjoy the series and would like to mmake something youself to show that, but i have to agree with tidus in that not everything should go online but as you have said this is something you would like to do personally rather than have the company due it because at this time Square has just been making me mad that the games i really want haven't had any information so handhelds or ports to anything new at this moment just kind of makes me mad, but anyway good luck with this




  23. #23
    God bless ya all xo XD

    it wold be awesome if Square Enix could make a Kingdom Hearts Online whit The Keyblade Wars Online where millions of players could join the light or dark side to wield a key blade , fight in a future keyblade war fight heartless... sorry for my bad english God bless

  24. #24

    Yeah sounds cool! but the seriese is still on going....It would be great if it is released after the conclusion!

  25. Originally Posted by gUeLiTo XtArZ
    God bless ya all xo XD

    it wold be awesome if Square Enix could make a Kingdom Hearts Online whit The Keyblade Wars Online where millions of players could join the light or dark side to wield a key blade , fight in a future keyblade war fight heartless... sorry for my bad english God bless
    Well we're are in luck because http://www.khinsider.com/news/Square...EARTS-chi-3205

Page 1 of 2 12 Last