Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Patch Notes – 24th September 2015

Patch Notes – 24th September 2015

Patch Notes – 24th September 2015

Welcome one and all,

Today's update sees the introduction of a couple of brand new abilities! We hope you have a ton of fun with them, and be sure to let us know how you feel they impact the gameplay on the forum.

Feature Changes:

• New Vanguard Ability - "Bulwark". Summon a storm that repels vampires and reduces damage taken by you and all nearby allies while active
    • New Summoner Ability - "Deathly Shield". Rip essence from nearby enemies to form a barrier to protect yourself. The more enemies hit, the stronger the barrier
    • Updated Summoner Ability - "Abyssal Barrier". Conjure a wall of dark magic that repels projectiles and absorbs explosive damage. You are healed a percentage of the damage blocked.

Bug Fixes:
    • Corrected some Leaver Penalty text issues
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the map overlay to get stuck
    • Fixed an error that could appear when rapidly opening multiple chests
    • Fixed a bug where you could get stuck on a static camera and be unable to spawn
    • Fixed an issue with the Tyrant talent "Crowd Control"
    • Fixed an issue with Alchemist projectiles in the Flashpoint game mode
    • Fixed an issue where it was possible to walk slightly, before running, while running at above 200 frames-per-second
    • Fixed an issue with Tyrants using Jump Attack from a high place in a level, and hitting a lower ceiling
    • Humans can no longer get stuck in the wagon on The Fane when dropped/thrown in by a Vampire
    • Fixed a collission issue with projectiles on the Provance map
    • Fixed an issue with the Scout's Turret ability that could fall through a rooftop in the Market area of Valeholm

Known Issues:
    • The reconnect button may sometimes not work after being disconnected due to a network issue
    • A crash may occur when quitting a match during the first loadout
    • Very rare, it may happen that you spawn on the wrong team (ie as a Human on the Vampire team). After dying, it will correct itself.
    • The Leagues tab may appear as empty when you skip through the end of match tab
    • The Tutorial congrats screen will appear once more after completing a match or rebooting. This is purely a UI issue.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 24th Sep 2015 at 16:52.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

I was wondering when those new abilities would show up. Hopefully the upgrade-to-mysterious-item feature can follow soon and then work can finally start on the Rahabim class!
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    [*] Fixed an issue with the Tyrant talent "Crowd Control"
    [*] Fixed an issue with Tyrants using Jump Attack from a high place in a level, and hitting a lower ceiling
    ?????
    Last edited by senjuj; 24th Sep 2015 at 14:13.

New abilities ZOMG
    signature image

Originally Posted by Arydious
    New abilities ZOMG
    Time to jump in-game and enjoy them! Nosgoth is back online, it's time to try out the Bulwark and Deathly Shield!

I'm really interesting in finding out what you think of the abilities....how they interact with the other class traits, and how they work on a team level in conjunction with multiple classes.

Huray, something new in game. I hope next patch will buff old forgotten unpopular abilities like immolation and leap attack. You know, balance is important =)

Well, nice update.
    Bulwark is really nice and now it makes Vanguard a little bit more usefull.
    More fun actually.
    Deathly shield is fine too.

My ears.
    Please turn down the audio on those new abilties.
    Theres seems to be 0 Drop-off on range, it just plays at full volume wherever you are.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    My ears.
    Please turn down the audio on those new abilties.
    Theres seems to be 0 Drop-off on range, it just plays at full volume wherever you are.
    Yeah they are quite loud everywhere. Worth mentioning Grapple is like this too, no one complains though cause it's a quick noise.
    signature image

Yeah i think too, too loud in my opinion

So?! Tyrant cant charge through Bulwark, but Sentinel can fly through and grab just fine.

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback so far, glad to see plenty of people enjoying the idea of new abilities.

As far as volume goes, we've just double checked and the abilities are working as intended, the volume is where we expected. Are you experiencing this issue across all maps, or is it only in certain areas on certain maps?

Any more info that you can provide will help us troubleshoot your report further.

If this Volume is intended, you must be deaf
    In any case, we will all be deaf soon, on top of which it is really annoying

Again, Da_Wolv, could you provide specific details about what is occurring?
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Whenever a Summoner activates the ability, the sound plays incredibly loud and earpiercing. Sometimes it even just plays on one Headphone.
    It drowns out all other sounds, giving me a headache.

The audio of deathly shield and bulwark is too loud, you can even hear it on the other side of the map (sometimes, not always tho). I only experienced it on Freeport (didn't play on other maps).
    Also the sound of deathly shield really hurts my ears, it's far too high pitched.

So?! Tyrant cant charge through Bulwark, but Sentinel can fly through and grab just fine.
    That's bothering me too. It's even worse that it's not consistent because most of the times I could still charge through Bulwark and hit the Vanguard. Other times the Tyrant stopped and the 'hitting a wall' animation played.

Thanks for the map specifics Louves, very much appreciated! We're still trying to reproduce it on our end. If anyone is able to capture it on video, please feel free to send a link to it our way.

That Summoner skill made minion spam teams even more viable zz , this is exactly why I was suprised to see agilty nurfed to the ground so quick

Hold up! They made something that can stop charge? I don't believe it. I'd try it out myself but school "upgraded" the laptop they gave me and now it doesn't run any game without crashing, except Bloons TD.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Thanks for the map specifics Louves, very much appreciated! We're still trying to reproduce it on our end. If anyone is able to capture it on video, please feel free to send a link to it our way.
    I was streaming it earlier. I can try and make a highlight for you later and upload it to YT.

These new abilities are related to the 3 last achievments?
    VA2, SA2, SA6

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    Hold up! They made something that can stop charge? I don't believe it. I'd try it out myself but school "upgraded" the laptop they gave me and now it doesn't run any game without crashing, except Bloons TD.
    No, he can't, I tested later and a Turelim killed me with a Charge, so he cannot stop the Charge.

I was streaming it earlier. I can try and make a highlight for you later and upload it to YT.
    That would be great; thank you for your help.

We didn't notice any audio issues last night running on our test build, but we've let the team know the feedback.
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

fix the initial crashes....

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    That would be great; thank you for your help.

We didn't notice any audio issues last night running on our test build, but we've let the team know the feedback.
    Just scimmed through my recording.
    Since I have TS chatter and music in the background, it is not really noticeable on the VOD.
    It might actually also have to do with loss of bitrate from game to recording.

The problem with the Summoner sound in particular is not JUST the volume, but that is it also so incredibly high pitched, that it rings in the ear.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last