Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: Prophet Elite skin

Prophet Elite skin

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    True, mask is awfull. Looking at the whole skin I got a feeling like it lacks of details. Idk, ornamets or runes on her tunic, some occult amulets or even bandolier-ammobelt, all this would fill this skin with details. This skin looks barren, though.
    Mmmhm. The mask looks...Fake. Plastic. And the backlers look very meh and hastily added.
    All of the other Elites, I get a sense of them being high-rank fighters. This, I get a sense of someone playing at high rank with a Halloween mask, a few bones and rope.

Yeah...It was clear from the concept art that this skin was going to be a failure, though calling it the worst in the game is a bit much, considering how the default summoner and vanguard look. At least the elite vanguard skin was a success.

Originally Posted by GenocidePete
    Yeah...It was clear from the concept art that this skin was going to be a failure, though calling it the worst in the game is a bit much, considering how the default summoner and vanguard look. At least the elite vanguard skin was a success.
    Default skin should look default, nothing new here. Besides, I think default Vang and Sum looks ok.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Mmmhm. The mask looks...Fake. Plastic. And the backlers look very meh and hastily added.
    All of the other Elites, I get a sense of them being high-rank fighters. This, I get a sense of someone playing at high rank with a Halloween mask, a few bones and rope.
    I don't think the mask was ever intended to be a real creature's skull. I'd say artificial, but still carved out of wood or sculpted ftom clay and painted or something like that.

I think it looks better that I expected when I saw the concept art, but the horns on the head felt like a knee kerk reaction to the way the community prioritised fear factor over the solidarity of tbe prophets wirh the other humans that the devs seemed to have been going for.

I personally wanted it to be more elaborate than the original design, but what we ended up with was a hybrid of two contradictory themes.

Improvements that could be made at this stage are recolour the purple pants (use the grey of the hunter's coat) and to make the colour sceme match the rest of the Elite skins, maybe add some bits of silver plating to the bones/horns.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

The prophet skin... I'm really sorry, but I don't know what happened. It seems totally unfinished. The textures, colors and details... I wonder if the creators have been pushed to release it.

(Click to enlarge)

It looks like what I could do with MS Paint...
    I know they're free for lvl 25, but also in sales for others. For comparison, the alchemist elite :

I already disliked the design, but I was expecting at least a good version of what they did. Here, it just looks lazy and botched. I don't want to sound disrespectful, I'm just very disappointed as the art team did previously an amazing job with other skins.

N.B. : also, no back side of the "robe" seems really weird, and unfinished, again.
    We've been waiting for it for a while now, and we got this. As a friend said, "better than nothing" ? Is that what we should expect from Nosgoth, from now ?

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I don't think the mask was ever intended to be a real creature's skull. I'd say artificial, but still carved out of wood or sculpted ftom clay and painted or something like that.
    It looks it, for sure. It's not a good look. And they should fire their painters; For all the blood and grime (the asymmetry of which personally agitates me, but that's just my issue), the bright-white coloring of the mask itself just clashes horribly. The mask really looks exactly as cartoonish and bad as I expected from the concept art - and the changes they made in missing the major feedback points (which was mostly "The mask sucks" - which they somehow translated as "Eyeholes suck") may have made it even worse than I expected. Pretty much all of the forum drawings of Elite Prophet concepts are infinitely better.

And this is why concept art should be shown prior to modeling work, so they can scrap bad ideas before it's too late. The gray of the Hunter's coat would look nice here though. Bit of silver plating, maybe some gold...

@Shiro: No backside to the robe makes combat sense. Less restrictive to the legs.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 19th Dec 2015 at 22:51.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    @Shiro: No backside to the robe makes combat sense. Less restrictive to the legs.
    Yes, because this :

really obstructs legs movements, right ?

Anyway, I defended the game design a lot here and there, on Steam for instance, but I really don't know what happened for this one.

Originally Posted by -Shiro-
    Yes, because this :

really obstructs legs movements, right ?

Anyway, I defended the game design a lot here and there, on Steam for instance, but I really don't know what happened for this one.
    No, that removes robe pieces on the side to achieve a similar result of less restriction.
    It's a better design option than what the Elite has going but neither is "weird".

All things considered, they should have just redone the thing when the first negative reception came.
    Just would've been delayed a while.

That's what happened though - They fished for feedback then didn't listen to most of it.
    Actually, considering the laughably misguided change they made on the mask, they might not have really listened to any of it.

I know im being a slowpoke for posting this late...but is anyone bothered by the elite mask?
    It looks so poor and crude...doesn't seem to match the rest of the outfit...same goes for the "wings" on her back
    (like using a tuxedo with a rope belt)
    Last edited by ParadoxicalOmen; 7th Jan 2016 at 23:42.

I...totally love it. I think it looks awesome. The whole head piece looks great. One of her best skins & way better than the Hunter or Alc elite skins, imo.
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

I hardly ever use that elite skin, my main skin is the "Witch of the Northwood"

This is a lot like I'd been imagining earlier on:

(click image to enlarge)

EDIT: Does anyone know how to get thumb images even smaller?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

hey nice pic, "The Dark Prophet"

thumbnails? you mean like 200x112 pics, just resize them with your favourite image tool

Originally Posted by Grisamentum
    I...totally love it. I think it looks awesome. The whole head piece looks great. One of her best skins & way better than the Hunter or Alc elite skins, imo.
    Interesting...always good to know.
    I thought i was one of many that disliked the final prophet mask....guess not lol

Originally Posted by Burial_Ground
    hey nice pic, "The Dark Prophet"

thumbnails? you mean like 200x112 pics, just resize them with your favourite image tool
    It's not my image. I can't host it, so I'd have to resize the link.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    I know im being a slowpoke for posting this late...but is anyone bothered by the elite mask?
    It looks so poor and crude...doesn't seem to match the rest of the outfit...same goes for the "wings" on her back
    (like using a tuxedo with a rope belt)
    Yessss. Awful mask, awful...Back thingies.

Found the Prophet ala Blood Omen 2. Now that would've been cool.

After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

OMG that would've been so awesome for Nosgoth :O

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345