Thread: Prophet Elite skin

Prophet Elite skin

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    @Shiro, can you add the backlers from your previous image to this one? I think it would look pretty good with the combination of the two.
    Which ones ?

Originally Posted by -Shiro-
    Which ones ?
    Top left in this sketch:
    http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.ph...1101152405.jpg
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Yep, will do that

Hard to explain why the Hylden would have helped Kain in BO1, but I guess they did need him to kill the guardians and I always did like the idea that not all of them had the same priorities.
    I don't imagine they specifically intended them for Kain. But if they did, well, we've certainly seen the Hylden split on priorities before with the Seer (who needs to return somehow - I still like my idea for her being the Matriarch) and the madman who built The Device. (Oh, my longing for a BO2 remake that cares enough to actually name things...) It'd be interesting to see more dissention in their ranks.

And have you any thoughts on my above elaboration about the mask? They did flee from Azimuth but the cult leader going mad doesn't necessarily 100% break the cultists' faith. Brainwashing is a powerful thing. Ask any MMO player.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 4th Nov 2015 at 04:47.

I always assumed the blood fountains came from the ancient vampires. From what was seen in Janos' retreat in Soul Reaver 2, blood magic was utilized by the ancient vampires in the aftermath of being cursed.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I don't imagine they specifically intended them for Kain. But if they did, well, we've certainly seen the Hylden split on priorities before with the Seer (who needs to return somehow - I still like my idea for her being the Matriarch) and the madman who built The Device. (Oh, my longing for a BO2 remake that cares enough to actually name things...) It'd be interesting to see more dissention in their ranks.

And have you any thoughts on my above elaboration about the mask? They did flee from Azimuth but the cult leader going mad doesn't necessarily 100% break the cultists' faith. Brainwashing is a powerful thing. Ask any MMO player.
    So, she went mad *after* founding the Hash'Ak'Gik cult and the Prophets continued to worship him afterwards? How do you figure that? I thought the whole reason they left was *because* the whole demon worship thing was the telltale sign that she'd lost her mind.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Here you go !

Here you go !

Looks great!

that skin will be very cool!!! But I doubt they will change, because I think the model is already done

I like that design as well!

I don't want to spam, but really had to correct at least the neck :

Here you go !

Send this to everybody at Psyonix immediately. :P (Even just the mask and backlers...)

So, she went mad *after* founding the Hash'Ak'Gik cult and the Prophets continued to worship him afterwards? How do you figure that? I thought the whole reason they left was *because* the whole demon worship thing was the telltale sign that she'd lost her mind.
    It was seduction that drove her to Hash's worship - not a demon, but a Hylden, and probably never called a demon directly to the cult members in any case. He was ptobably just 'god' to many. Also that worship was kept quiet, structured, sane. It was Nupraptor's madness that drove her to sadism and wanton chaos, freely turning demons loose on her own people without a care for secrecy or sense. The blogs do note that the Prophets guard against vampire and demon alike but then, while the Hylden are twisted monsters, they don't look like demons...And even moreso, the pre-Banishment Hylden look outright holy by comparison. They may have adopted the imagery just for its contrast to how the demons looked.

Though now I'm pretty much totally sold on Shiro's design. Somebody should go yell at Psyonix. XD
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 5th Nov 2015 at 04:50.

Though now I'm pretty much totally sold on Shiro's design. Somebody should go yell at Psyonix. XD
    Agreed. I wonder if it is possible at all ? Mb it's not too late to redesign elite skin according to Shiro's artwork?

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    Agreed. I wonder if it is possible at all ? Mb it's not too late to redesign elite skin according to Shiro's artwork?
    I'm gonna be a bit pessimistic here...judging from their "altered elite prophet skin" we can notice the the devs tried to change the skin as minimal as possible.
    This leads me to believe that they are quite advanced in the skin's modelling, in other words it was almost done when the criticism started.

So even though Shiro's design is marvelous, and receiving very good feedback....i think they are going to stick with their design, so to save time and money from re-modelling and re-designing.

Hard to explain why the Hylden would have helped Kain in BO1, but I guess they did need him to kill the guardians and I always did like the idea that not all of them had the same priorities.
    The book of Hash'ak'gik that Kain finds in Avernus Cathedral says that he demanded blood offerings, and that's exactly what the Spirit Forges do. I've always seen it that the blood offerings are strengthening Hash'ak'gik/the Hylden's foothold in Nosgoth, so the trinkets they give out are just to tempt mortals. Little pieces of nothing to greedy people who don't realize that what they're doing is helping a terrible enemy gain power in their land. Kind of like the Black Castle in the second Black Company book.

Originally Posted by FearGhoul
    The book of Hash'ak'gik that Kain finds in Avernus Cathedral says that he demanded blood offerings, and that's exactly what the Spirit Forges do. I've always seen it that the blood offerings are strengthening Hash'ak'gik/the Hylden's foothold in Nosgoth, so the trinkets they give out are just to tempt mortals. Little pieces of nothing to greedy people who don't realize that what they're doing is helping a terrible enemy gain power in their land. Kind of like the Black Castle in the second Black Company book.
    The blood offerings were to keep the host alive. The hylden say so themselves. Turel is their host and he needs blood because he's a vampire. The hylden aren't the demon statues in tbe spirit forges, they're grey/brown beings with head crests.

I can't see the reason to keep the host alive. They already kidnaped and traped him, made him out of the game. The only reason I can imagine is.... what was the source of blood fountans prophets use? I mean they were ancient , yes, and probably made by an ancient ones. But is it possible , that main ingridient to this fountains was the blood of vamps ? Maybe Turel - Hash was this source in different initiation rites or smth.

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    I can't see the reason to keep the host alive. They already kidnaped and traped him, made him out of the game. The only reason I can imagine is.... what was the source of blood fountans prophets use? I mean they were ancient , yes, and probably made by an ancient ones. But is it possible , that main ingridient to this fountains was the blood of vamps ? Maybe Turel - Hash was this source in different initiation rites or smth.
    They kept him alive...Obviously...To act as the host. To use a simplified analogy: If Hash'Ak'Gik is "God", then Turel is Jesus. God in a physical form to sway the mortals. The blood needn't feed the Hylden.

And FearGhoul more or less summarized my take on the forges. Run by the Hylden to squeeze out blood sacrifices all across Nosgoth rather than just at Turel's feeding pit. As for the statues being demons rather than Hylden, well, The Hylden are as vain as Raziel was so they'd be loath to display their present wretched forms. And I think the Hylden would've managed to sort of enslave the native demons anyway. They are advanced, after all.

@Paradox: See, this is why they need to get these drawings out for feedback before going too far into modeling...And really, what'd be the harm in redoing it? Some time lost but at this point, the skin as they designed will be greeted with the polar opposite of fanfare and that's no good for anyone. And they could make back any money lost by fixing the damned chests so people will actually want to support the ga- and there I go digressing again.

There's nothing to that that everything to do with demons is connected to the Hylden. If they're so vein, why would they try to look like demons? It doesn't make them appear particularly trustworthy to their customers. I'm not saying the Spirit Forges couldn't be Hylden, but there's no proof of it so far. There's no explanation given for why the Wraith and Shade, who Kain DID say inhabited the Spirit Forges wanted the blood. If it was the Hylden, using it for the Turel and the Blood Fountains, it would be an immense effort to go through to supply just Turel and Kain with blood. Neither of them need huge amounts and there are plenty of humans running around for Kain to feed on already.

If at some point a writer decided to go with the explanation that the Spirit Forges are run by Hylden, they'd need to explain how they avoided the binding, since that only failed after the end of Blood Omen 1. Perhaps they accomplished that by fusing their souls with the demon statues. They could no longer leave the forges, but didn't get banished to the demon dimension themselves.

So now, when we have it. I think it is the worst elite, and maybe worst in-game skin at all.
    What do u think guys ?

Worst of the Elites, no contest. The mask just looks bad.

Worst of the Elites, no contest. The mask just looks bad.
    True, mask is awfull. Looking at the whole skin I got a feeling like it lacks of details. Idk, ornamets or runes on her tunic, some occult amulets or even bandolier-ammobelt, all this would fill this skin with details. This skin looks barren, though.

can someone post high quality pics of her please?

from what I gather from the art. the old mask is slightly better HOWEVER remember these are the Elites of the human race kind of like leaders almost, it makes sense that the Elite prophet is dressed fancy and has a somewhat fancy Size-of-her-head mask. still a skull but I think its just a mask.

lets hope whenever the exalted prophet and vanguard drop they are more epic looking the exalteds are like the top tier. I imagine battle hardened old veterans under the helmets of the exalted hunters Like a King Ottmar type. Old and worn from decades of fighting
    Last edited by calypso-694; 19th Dec 2015 at 06:28.

Originally Posted by calypso-694
    can someone post high quality pics of her please?

from what I gather from the art. the old mask is slightly better HOWEVER remember these are the Elites of the human race kind of like leaders almost, it makes sense that the Elite prophet is dressed fancy and has a somewhat fancy Size-of-her-head mask. still a skull but I think its just a mask.

lets hope whenever the exalted prophet and vanguard drop they are more epic looking the exalteds are like the top tier. I imagine battle hardened old veterans under the helmets of the exalted hunters Like a King Ottmar type. Old and worn from decades of fighting
    It's not better, its just a bit more logic, with eye holes in skull. Nevertheless they should be blind in a way, and Psyonix decided to sweep under the carpet those eyes by unmaking eye holes. Great idea (sarcasm). And still it looks ugly and dully, not epic, deservedly veteran or even demonic.

Shiro's concept suits better, imao.
    Last edited by Kootkha; 19th Dec 2015 at 07:04.

Page 4 of 5 First First 12345 Last