Thread: Prophet Elite skin

Prophet Elite skin

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Yeah, I still don't like it. My problem is the weird horns and the weird skull (I mean, what is it, human, animal, what are these long teeth? is it a naked mole rat? :P )

I don't particularly like the baby elefant idea either tho. The bird masks would be nice I think, if that can be adapted somehow.
    I'm not sure it's an actual skull, just something they made themselves. I mean some of the prophets skins just have masks made out of wood. The horns look real, but they're just attatched to the head-dress. Yep, the baby elephant looks OTT and impractically heavy.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Honestly the "after community feedback" skin didn't seem to change that much...and now wearing a skull with no eye-holes just seems stupid (makes no sense to me).

I feel it should be an animal skull. I particularly liked this suggestion (a bit too big though):

Originally Posted by bopchara

EDIT: I just thought, perhaps instead of an animal skull, a vampire skull? Dunno...
    Last edited by ParadoxicalOmen; 31st Oct 2015 at 20:47.

Since the last State of Play, we received a lot of feedback on the Prophet prestige skins. We wanted to take your feedback and made some adjustments we think you’ll like
    I hate to be negative nancy over here, but are you serious? The most prominent detail you gathered from feedback was to cover the eyes? Regarding the mask, I would have said that most of us just don't like the mask design at all. So many people suggested a different kind of mask entirely. Psyonix, I really respect your work and I love all the other art in the game. I just can't get over how bad this mask looks. Other players, can you confirm this? Does the majority dislike this mask?

As for the other changes shown in the "after community feedback" picture, they are fine I suppose, but totally irrelevant to the feedback. Let's see what changed: 1) shoulder protection is now metal instead of leather 2) belt/sash no longer a plain cloth wrap; now has patterns and trim 3) gem-like thing on top of head replaced with some leather and bone. Well I'm not unhappy with those changes, but I didn't notice any complaints about those specific details. So that means the only piece of actual feedback taken was the eyeholes / blindness thing.

Fellows, I'll reiterate my personal input (besides the mask) and ask for your comment: I want a different style to her clothing. Think high priestess instead of gunslinger. You get what I mean? More caster, less marksman. Mystical is the vibe I'm asking for. Currently, her headgear is the only piece getting it right, because it has an odd shape and is adorned with horns and jewelry. Everything else looks like attire that any other class (except Vanguard) would wear, rather than something unique to a Prophet. I saw a lot of us asking for a more magical look overall, although it's hard to explain how that can be achieved. Here is my attempt to name specific elements to incorporate, because just saying "more magical" does not help that much...

1) Jewelry - Kind of needs no explanation. No one but a Prophet would wear jewelry into battle. One can only assume that it is made from special materials, or imbued with certain essences, in order to enhance her magicks.

2) Geometric patterns - Familiar with the idea of 'sacred geometry'? In human history, religious and spiritual practices have made heavy use of patterns and symbols. It is often done simply for the sake of art too, but anyway in this context, the point is that the other classes go no further than some filigreed gold trim to embellish their attire. The Prophet would be the one, if any, to make heavy use of repeating patterns as part of her ritual practice.

3) Grandiose headdress - No need to suggest it because she already has it. Just including it as a key factor that she cannot stand to lose, or fall short on.

4) Any Other Ornament That Seems To Exist Solely For Ornamentation - Like the 'backlers' of which we are already so fond.

I hope we aren't asking for too much. In the beginning my opinion was that she should look more savage, but I've since rescinded. I accept the need for elite gear to look civilized and to share a consistent color scheme. My hope is that this can be accomplished while still adding mystical touches that set her apart from the rest.

Lastly, I'll just point to this picture linked by Vampmaster that I liked a lot. Really conveys the patterns and jewelry part of my message. Ceremonial. Spiritual. Let's not copy it, but please take inspiration from stuff like this!

It would be nice if elite prophet will wear Hash'ak'gik mask. Yeah, they didn't see it's Turel, but prophets doesn't see through their eyes anymore, right? )

Originally Posted by bopchara
    Very interesting mask improvements. My addition is make it lighter, maybe thin, blade or nail looking bones.
    Skull without eyes is nice idea but is it possible in nature? What if add rubys to eyeholes?
    Sorry for my terrible English

The massive animal/demon skull, apart from being ridiculously heavy looking is drastically inconsistent with the intended theme of the Prestige skins. I know most of the Prophets are hermits who collected their outfits from sticks in the woods or some animsl graveyard or something, but these are leaders who have intentionality integrated into society and should be trying to inspire loyalty and respect from the other human factions, not scare them away.

I was going point out that lore from other mythologies regarding blind prophets does not automatically apply to to Nosgoth unless the writer says so. However on this occasion, it does hapoen to be mentioned in the blog that drinking the black blood does cause blindness, but that's the only thing that makes it into a rule that would effect the design. Of course, they can colour the eye sockets however they want and it won't make them see any better or worse and the look of the mask only really makes a difference to the person looking at it rather than the Prophet herself.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

So, here are some ideas I quickly drew during past weeks and others more recently (cf. the Ygdrasel's suggestion) :

And the sketch I just did :

Very little work here, I'd like to know what you think about it first.
    I tried, again, to respect the "Elite" patterns created by the art team, but with more "witchy" and "high-priestess" touches. Let me know if I forgot something

8. I even prefer the old design to that new one (speaking only of the mask). Would be cooler if it had holes for her eyes, but her eyes have white pupils or if she wore a blindfold underneath.
    Though I am still not fond of the masks design in general.

Originally Posted by -Shiro-
    So, here are some ideas I quickly drew during past weeks and others more recently (cf. the Ygdrasel's suggestion) :

I tried, again, to respect the "Elite" patterns created by the art team, but with more "witchy" and "high-priestess" touches. Let me know if I forgot something
    I like the top left three in the first image and the one on the right in the second image. The top middle head the first image is a good design, but a little bit too big. Some of the others are a too big as well and I don't think the more monsterous ones are suitable for the theme of the Prestige skins. It looks like you might have tried to include some hylden based designs and some from Dead Sun in there as well. Dead Sun got a lot of backlash from the fans, so I think that should be avoided and the hylden aren't supposed to be known about at all in this era, so I'd steer clear of those as well. I don't say that about the one on the right of the second image, because it looks more like a flame design in that one rather than a hylden head crest.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I like the top left three in the first image and the one on the right in the second image. The top middle head the first image is a good design, but a little bit too big. Some of the others are a too big as well and I don't think the more monsterous ones are suitable for the theme of the Prestige skins. It looks like you might have tried to include some hylden based designs and some from Dead Sun in there as well. Dead Sun got a lot of backlash from the fans, so I think that should be avoided and the hylden aren't supposed to be known about at all in this era, so I'd steer clear of those as well. I don't say that about the one on the right of the second image, because it looks more like a flame design in that one rather than a hylden head crest.
    Not at all The only ones I had a model for are the Ygdrasel suggestion (right one, first picture) and the vampire skull (as I checked the Hash'ak'gik cult, suggested by Koothka). I don't know the Hylden and Dead Sun artworks, but it's interesting.

When you say it's too big, do you think the mask from the main prophet skin is ?
    So, you prefer the right one on the second picture, even the head ? What would you change or add ?

I don't know the Hylden and Dead Sun artworks, but it's interesting.
    The image I posted with my suggestion is a mural from Blood Omen 2, presumed to depict the Hylden prior to their being deformed by the demon realm.

the hylden aren't supposed to be known about at all in this era
    The Prophets were in a cult centered around them and receive visions from blood fountains adorned with what are plainly demon skulls. It'd be a small miracle for them not to know something, wouldn't it?

Though when I suggested the design, my idea wasn't really that they'd know about the Hylden, just have this vague inkling of a concept of them. Like the various blood visions would include momentary flashes of pre-Banishment Hylden (either in person or in mural) and having been part of the old cult, they'd just sort of instinctively imitate the image despite not really understanding what it was they'd seen. More of a subconscious thing, not any real knowledge of what it was or meant.

I kinda like that one with the bandages. Though I'm really partial to the inclusion of the Eye. It just looks too good not to use somehow.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 2nd Nov 2015 at 03:05.

Those with bandages looks more fully designed. But still prefer Hash'ak'gik concept. =)

Which of those is Hash?

On the first picture, from below, that one with big ears. Smth in common with .

The original is much better.
    The new option causes disgust.

Originally Posted by Hellboy_007

The original is much better.
    The new option causes disgust.
    Between new and old one, i also prefer old...but because new one with no eye-holes seems dumb. I know prophets are blind, but there aren't any skull's without eye-holes (are there?)

I get the feeling they already started modeling the skin and don't want to have to re-do the work...that's why they changed so little from the original.

My fav's mask/skulls so far are @bopchara elephant skullmask, and @-shiro- Turel-ish skull mask.

I think the Elite skin's mask is not a true skull, but only a mask.

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    I think the Elite skin's mask is not a true skull, but only a mask.
    But it's mimicking a skull, so i think my point still stands.

Well, just have a blindfold or bandages underneath or have whited out eyes like Moebius does or something.

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    On the first picture, from below, that one with big ears. Smth in common with .
    Oh, right, Turel is "Hash"...My bad. XD

I hope it's not too late to regroup and add some suggestions, as Cardinal did. So, what we said from the beginning :

- Another mask. Horns and the shape of the head are also especially disliked. A lot suggested an animal or vampire skull, but possibilities are infinite.
    - More "witch", "high-priestess", "shaman" elements, but congruent with the Elite patterns. Makes her unique anyway, even among the Elite humans.
    - Esoteric iconography : runes, glyphs, symbols...
    - The Azimuth's eye symbol.
    - Backlers, "wings", something...
    - Another uniform : less "gunslinger", more witch. Darker colors (deep dark blue, dark red and gold).
    - Jewellery, some "treasure hunter" objects.
    - Blindness elements, not especially covering the eye holes.

I add what I did yesterday. Again, quick sketches...

Some backlers examples : birds or bat wings bones. Makes them golden, add some jewellery around them, and it could be awesome (my opinion, though).

Turel skull and others vampires ones. The right one is directly inspired from Kain. I. and II. are based on different versions.

What I did here : higher collar (cf. Azimuth), Azimuth's eye on the forehead, bloody raiment-like shoulder pads, runes here and there, jewellery with some esoteric elements, belt with some "treasure-hunter-like" ornament, longer 'witchy' sleeves (as suggested by Vampaster's picture), black, dark red and gold colours. I added some open areas on her side to show her pride and devotion (scars).

I don't think the Prophets should worship Hash'Ak'Gik, let alone wear a mask modeled after his face. The blog said they were stopped following Azimuth when she went mad and started summoning demons. Plus Turel was trapped deep in the bottom of the pit, so it's unlikely many of the cenobites saw him.

I'm not keen on the ones with the teeth. They look too monstrous for what the prestige skins are trying to achieve. You could possibly get away with III in the 1st image, if you removed the teeth and added bandages instead. I think red or black bandages would go best with the color scheme the prestige skins have been using.

@Shiro, can you add the backlers from your previous image to this one? I think it would look pretty good with the combination of the two.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 3rd Nov 2015 at 14:08.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Between new and old one, i also prefer old...but because new one with no eye-holes seems dumb. I know prophets are blind, but there aren't any skull's without eye-holes (are there?)
    Agreed.

Well, just have a blindfold or bandages underneath or have whited out eyes like Moebius does or something.
    That would be well cool , or alternatively maybe blacked out eyes as if the blood is in them…I'd love to see the Prophets having black veins too as if they have the black blood still running in them.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    The image I posted with my suggestion is a mural from Blood Omen 2, presumed to depict the Hylden prior to their being deformed by the demon realm.

The Prophets were in a cult centered around them and receive visions from blood fountains adorned with what are plainly demon skulls. It'd be a small miracle for them not to know something, wouldn't it?

Though when I suggested the design, my idea wasn't really that they'd know about the Hylden, just have this vague inkling of a concept of them. Like the various blood visions would include momentary flashes of pre-Banishment Hylden (either in person or in mural) and having been part of the old cult, they'd just sort of instinctively imitate the image despite not really understanding what it was they'd seen. More of a subconscious thing, not any real knowledge of what it was or meant.

I kinda like that one with the bandages. Though I'm really partial to the inclusion of the Eye. It just looks too good not to use somehow.
    I never got the impression that the Blood Fountains had to do with demons or Hash'ak'gik, personally. Now the Spirit Forges, those are clearly connected to Hash'ak'gik.

Originally Posted by FearGhoul
    I never got the impression that the Blood Fountains had to do with demons or Hash'ak'gik, personally. Now the Spirit Forges, those are clearly connected to Hash'ak'gik.
    Hard to explain why the Hylden would have helped Kain in BO1, but I guess they did need him to kill the guardians and I always did like the idea that not all of them had the same priorities.

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last