Thread: Prophet Elite skin

Prophet Elite skin

  1. #26
    Or something along the same lines as these. Perhaps one of the unused ones:

    (click image to enlarge)

    Sure, the mitres are unusual, but they more regal. They don't give off a crazy hermit living in the woods vibe, which is fine for the low ranks, but not an important member of society that the high ranking Prophet would be. I meant outlandish as in isolated from the rest of society.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    155


    The quick drawing I did. A mix between the cenobite skin and the angel of death in Hellboy II. I tried to respect the high-priestess, witchy look and Elite gold touches in a dark, shamanic way.

  3. #28
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Or something along the same lines as these. Perhaps one of the unused ones:
    Ooh. I like that.

    @Le_loup: Nicely done. Reminds me of the face of Dead Sun's Succubus character, actually, which fits nicely with those assets being assimilated into Nosgoth. I'd say scrap the wings in favor of some veil-y backlers and that's perfect. Here's hoping it hits the devs' radar. :P

  4. #29
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Ooh. I like that.

    @Le_loup: Nicely done. Reminds me of the face of Dead Sun's Succubus character, actually, which fits nicely with those assets being assimilated into Nosgoth. I'd say scrap the wings in favor of some veil-y backlers and that's perfect. Here's hoping it hits the devs' radar. :P
    I'd be very wary of using Dead Sun assets, since that hasn't proved too popular in the past (did someone say it looked to close to a hylden) and we don't really know how much of Climax's art assets Psyonix had access to. Also, the Sentinal's hammer head skin already has that sort of mask anyway.

    @Le_Loup, I like the lower half on the mask and the drapy veil thing and how you incorporared the eye symbol, just not so sure about that head shape for the reasons I just gave Ygdrasel.

    Using lifelike feathered wings is probably best avoided so as not to tread into Ancient Vampire territory. Better to stick with bones and antlers like you said. Bones of wings could look interesting though.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 29th Sep 2015 at 22:13.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  5. #30
    Originally Posted by Le_loup


    The quick drawing I did. A mix between the cenobite skin and the angel of death in Hellboy II. I tried to respect the high-priestess, witchy look and Elite gold touches in a dark, shamanic way.
    This is really nice...especially for me being a fan of Hellboy II's monster design...
    Hope the devs take some inspiration from your concept

  6. #31
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I'd be very wary of using Dead Sun assets, since that hasn't proved too popular in the past (did someone say it looked to close to a hylden) and we don't really know how much of Climax's art assets Psyonix had access to. Also, the Sentinal's hammer head skin already has that sort of mask anyway.
    I wasn't suggesting using Dead Sun assets. I was saying that given they've already used many of them, the visual similarity of this to the Succubus makes a sort of visual design/thematic sense.

    And seeing as The Prophets originated as a branch of the Hylden's cult, that similarity is appropriate. Though it admittedly doesn't make sense as they never saw the Hylden directly (but who knows what visions they gained from the blood fountains?).

    They did see Turel whom served as the avatar for Hash'Ak'Gik. Perhaps they could get a mask reflecting the creature they believed they served. Alter the above mask into a shape something like Turel's ears, maybe. Extend Turel-ears out from the sides or something. If the mask sticking out like that wouldn't look well, could turn those pieces downward to sort of frame the part over the face.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 29th Sep 2015 at 23:15.

  7. #32
    The new prophet concept looks like a really bad rip-off of the elite Scout.

  8. #33
    What about making his mask more creepy, the one that doctors used during the plague, something simmilar would be gret like this:

  9. #34
    If I were to make a suggestion, it would be the shoulders/head area needs fixing the most. The color scheme is fine, but I feel like this "elite priestess" needs more ornamental head gear. If we look at our own history, the more important you are, the more extravagant your headdress.

    What are things that ward off vampires in LoK games? Glyph magic from Blood Omen 2 is one. Since these priestess' are relic hunters, that would be a cool thing to incorporate within the outfit, or skill later down the line. But it would be cool to see some classic Legacy of Kain designs tied into the prophet.

    I was personally thinking more voodooish/high shaman look with feathers, or like an inscribed animal skull. While the keeping the elite theme is legit, I feel most of the community can agree that it needs that tribal savagery look as well.

  10. #35
    Okay, I can get on board with the idea of looking organized and united, thus needing similarities across all classes. She can lose the crazy hermit vibe, but she must retain her mysticism. That's the key here; she is a caster first and marksman second. After some thought, I'd say now that the most glaring issue with the concept is that it's about 95% gunslinger and 5% hexer. It's just so... tactical. I want ceremonial, ritualistic, spiritual. It's not that she is too civilized, but rather that she no longer seems attuned with magic.

    I really like the comments here suggesting a "high priestess" look. Right now she's too much business, not enough art. She need not appear feral anymore, but let's keep her ornate. She needs an eccentric fashion sense. Leave the trenchcoats to the rest.

    As others have said, the mask could use a drastic change. A humanoid skull is too plain, and an elongated such one is a bit goofy. Taking note of the plague doctor reference, maybe try avian anatomy? Not sure if any bird large enough exists in the lore, but a massive condor skull might work nicely. Carrion bird seems to fit her theme, yes?

  11. #36
    Yes she should have high priestess look. And some kind of bird skull or mask simmilar to the plague will allow her to retain that mystical shamanistic vibe. "Elite high priestess whom only destiny is curing the world from plague of vampires". Dont know nothing about birds in the lore thou but i guess it would be normal that some big species existed in nosgoth lore since we have werewolfs, vamps and crazy monsters. Carrion bird one would be awesome. And gave her some kind of feathers, tattoos and earings to complete package.
    If devs decide to go other way, it would be stil nice to have that kind of skin in the store thou.
    Few pics of simmilar concepts that i found on google:




    Last edited by barthez36663; 1st Oct 2015 at 17:24.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    155
    Originally Posted by barthez36663
    Yes she should have high priestess look. And some kind of bird skull or mask simmilar to the plague will allow her to retain that mystical shamanistic vibe. "Elite high priestess whom only destiny is curing the world from plague of vampires". Dont know nothing about birds in the lore thou but i guess it would be normal that some big species existed in nosgoth lore since we have werewolfs, vamps and crazy monsters. Carrion bird one would be awesome. And gave her some kind of feathers, tattoos and earings to complete package.
    If devs decide to go other way, it would be stil nice to have that kind of skin in the store thou.
    Few pics of simmilar concepts that i found on google:




    I like the concepts, even if it's not really 'elite' but more 'recluse'. Also, her mask shouldn't have eyes holes, as her blindness is a defining feature, in my opinion.

  13. #38
    Originally Posted by Le_loup
    I like the concepts, even if it's not really 'elite' but more 'recluse'. Also, her mask shouldn't have eyes holes, as her blindness is a defining feature, in my opinion.
    Those might be better off being saved for the Exaulted skin. The are even more crazy-hermit-like that the current ones, which as we've already been discussing it the opposite of what the Prestige skins are supposed to represent. The Prestige skins are supposed to be highly respected leaders of the new human society and therefore need to dress is a way that inspires unity with the other factions. I'm not saying she should look plain, but a bit more self righteous as that's the type of thing that inspires loyalty and trust from the troops. Also the last thing the vampires want is for the humans to form an organised nation.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  14. #39
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Nothing about the head of the prophet looks appealing here, especially the shape of the skull. It almost looks as though her eyes are where her mouth should be.

  15. #40
    Originally Posted by bopchara
    So i couldn't help myselft from doing this paintover since i've seen the concept for the first time. Sorry if that's not really appreciated =) I understand that the final product will look waaay better than the original concept (like with the other concepts and final models i've seen), it's just my interpretation of how i would do it.

    The main thing that put me off was the mask. The skull is too basic and cartoony unfortunately. The current prophet designs are my favourite of all the other characters and their skins. They've raised a high bar of intricate and savage design. So i tried to retain the most of the concept and just focus on the things that i think might help to improve this, at least for me. Basically - a little more complex skull design with some tusks and a minor change in her coat - dark leather parts splitted in the bottom. Of course it's just a one way of doing it, the design of the helmet may be really different, but it in my view it needs some more "prophetness".

    And again, i hope i'm not being intrusive here, just having fun and experimenting with the thing.

    On the case of Vanguard, don't have much to say. I don't see anything off puting in his skin straight away, nothing that a good modeler can't improve at least.

    this...i want this

  16. #41
    that helmet seems heavy

  17. #42
    Originally Posted by despair0089
    that helmet seems heavy
    Yep. She looks like she'd topple over and that version still goes against the sort of theme the devs are going for with the Prestige skins. You can't have an officer type rank looking like a crazy hermit.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  18. #43
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Yep. She looks like she'd topple over and that version still goes against the sort of theme the devs are going for with the Prestige skins. You can't have an officer type rank looking like a crazy hermit.
    You've got Mortanius, a guardian of an essential fundament of the very world itself looking like a skeletal horror half the time. I think they could cut the Prophets some slack over their hermit chic. :P

    But yeah, the skull is entirely too large to be feasible. Thinking of something more 'priestess'-ish...Wonder if I could whip up a decent picture...

  19. #44
    Anything but the goofy ring-adorned skull in that Psyonix concept. I'd even take the default skull over that.

    I really like bopchara's concept paint-over but agree the frontal tusks are a bit too large.

  20. #45
    Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    Anything but the goofy ring-adorned skull in that Psyonix concept. I'd even take the default skull over that.

    I really like bopchara's concept paint-over but agree the frontal tusks are a bit too large.
    I'm kinda liking le_loup's take on the mask. Particularly Azimuth's eye. Wonder if bop could do a paint-over combining his version of the uniform with loup's mask. Or maybe a mask like this with loup's Azimuth eye on either side.

  21. #46
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    You've got Mortanius, a guardian of an essential fundament of the very world itself looking like a skeletal horror half the time. I think they could cut the Prophets some slack over their hermit chic. :P

    But yeah, the skull is entirely too large to be feasible. Thinking of something more 'priestess'-ish...Wonder if I could whip up a decent picture...
    Mortanius had a different agenda to the officer rank prophets. The cenobites at that time were a small secretive cult that didn't need to make a good impression on anyone. They weren't looking for respect, they were anonymity and fear. Secret societies (the type that go around in robes and masks) sometimes remain anonymous even amongst themselves so they're slightly afraid of each other and therefore less likely to betray the group. Also, Mortanius in BO1 wasn't showing his real appearance. The manual describes him as something resembling a dried up corpse.

    The thing with these modern descendants of the cenobites is that they are out in the open as a part of the social/military structure and need to be seen as integrating into that as a reliable ally as opposed to a wildcard.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    28

    Thumbs Down Prophet prestige skin change



    "Since the last State of Play, we received a lot of feedback on the Prophet prestige skins. We wanted to take your feedback and made some adjustments we think you’ll like"

    I mean who and what and why suggest something like this? and how can someone even think it looks better then the original?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    155
    You should read this : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=171244

    What we suggested and what they did with it may differ.

  24. #49
    Originally Posted by ZittoN_
    http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/r...tyfeedback.png

    "Since the last State of Play, we received a lot of feedback on the Prophet prestige skins. We wanted to take your feedback and made some adjustments we think you’ll like"
    lol, what a joke. It's barely been changed at all. The badly proportioned skull and goofy gold rings are still there ... removing the eye sockets and splattering some blood across the skull does nothing to improve it.

  25. #50
    Yeah, I still don't like it. My problem is the weird horns and the weird skull (I mean, what is it, human, animal, what are these long teeth? is it a naked mole rat? :P )

    I don't particularly like the baby elefant idea either tho. The bird masks would be nice I think, if that can be adapted somehow.

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last