Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Prophet Elite skin

Prophet Elite skin

Prophet Elite skin

Hello,

I'm waiting for this skin for months now, will we get a preview soon ?

Yes!
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Yes!
    Soon is a matter of perspective. Days, weeks or months would be better.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

CCP games still hold the copyright to "soon" lol anyone who's played eve online can tell you how long that usually is :P

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Soon is a matter of perspective. Days, weeks or months would be better.
    Will we get a preview this month or in two weeks, one day, eight hours, thirty-four minutes and fourty-seven seconds at max ?

I'm just going to go ahead and make the observation that the elite prophet skins looks like the elite scout just got older, and couldn't use a bow anymore, switching to guns. I think you really need to redo the prophet skin if it's remotely similar to the concept art. It's too close to the scout imo.

I agree with you Don, I'm disappointed by the concept. Too similar to the scout/alche, I was expecting something unique and more 'witchy'.

Yeah i am disappointed somehow to, atleast head needs rework in my opinion.
    But it may look better ingame...

They could do something awesome with her mask (instead of trying to be congruent with the other 'skull' masks), like a gold 'prestige' one with lot of details, and more volume (cf. the basic skin). And where are her 'wings'/backpack ? The art team did awesome things with the available skins, so I was wondering something unique with that part too.

Discreet gold touches like on the cenobite's hood skin would be perfect, not especially the alchemist elite skin patterns (same for the blue color). Overall, something more mystical/'witchy' with runes and touches of blood.

Evolved vampire skins are pretty different from each other, and so are the colors, so why not for the prestige ones ?

Originally Posted by Le_loup
    Evolved vampire skins are pretty different from each other, and so are the colors, so why not for the prestige ones ?
    If I remember correctly, the devs said the idea behind prestige skins was that humans became more organised during the war and their higher-ranking soldiers started having similar-styled armor. Like officer uniforms or something.

Originally Posted by DonCardenio
    looks like the elite scout just got older, and couldn't use a bow anymore, switching to guns
    Hilarious! This explains perfectly why I wasn't impressed. The design is all right out of context, but when viewed next to existing skins it's out of place for prophet, while matching scout/hunter too closely. The styling of the armor is just too imperial; it has lost every hint of savagery that made her charming in that nasty witch sort of way. I love her existing skins for that very reason, and so I can't love this new concept. I appreciate the artist's talent, but strongly wish for a different direction. Please give it another go, this time emphasizing her dark arts!

As a side note on the vanguard, I like it. I realize that a similar change is at hand though; his existing skins are ragged and uncivilized, while the prestige concept is like a distinguished military officer. However, it doesn't bother me because it seems to suit the lore just fine. The prisoners called back to the front are buying their freedom through service. It makes sense that the best warriors would be given a dignified image, as they are no longer outlaws. In contrast, the prophets are not integrating with society. They need not armor nor status; only tools for their rituals.

Quick note: Does this thread belong in feedback instead of general discussion?

Originally Posted by CardinalSmoke
    Hilarious! This explains perfectly why I wasn't impressed. The design is all right out of context, but when viewed next to existing skins it's out of place for prophet, while matching scout/hunter too closely. The styling of the armor is just too imperial; it has lost every hint of savagery that made her charming in that nasty witch sort of way. I love her existing skins for that very reason, and so I can't love this new concept. I appreciate the artist's talent, but strongly wish for a different direction. Please give it another go, this time emphasizing her dark arts!

As a side note on the vanguard, I like it. I realize that a similar change is at hand though; his existing skins are ragged and uncivilized, while the prestige concept is like a distinguished military officer. However, it doesn't bother me because it seems to suit the lore just fine. The prisoners called back to the front are buying their freedom through service. It makes sense that the best warriors would be given a dignified image, as they are no longer outlaws. In contrast, the prophets are not integrating with society. They need not armor nor status; only tools for their rituals.

Quick note: Does this thread belong in feedback instead of general discussion?
    Exactly, see the details I added above. I just forgot to talk about her 'blindness', as most of the skins doesn't allow her to see properly. It's an amazing detail I wish they keep (plus the 'wings'/backpack, runes and blood). Of course, the art team did a nice job per se.

I quickly drew up a mix between the Bloody Rainment skin and the Angel of Death from Hellboy II, with Azimuth's Eye (? - the prophet class symbol) on the forehead. It's this kind of dark, shamanic witch version I'd like to see.

Thanks Obisher, I missed the part of the humans union, but noticed that elite skins have a lot in common. As I see it, and it's not opposed to that unity, an elite prophet is also THE prophet among the prophets.

When I begun this post, I simply asked a question, which is why I posted in general discussion. It's maybe better to move it to feedbacks and suggestions now

The styling of the armor is just too imperial; it has lost every hint of savagery that made her charming in that nasty witch sort of way.
    One would imagine that an increasingly organized rebellion war would result in an ironing out of savagery. That said, while I can understand the idea the art design is going for, it could seriously be more varied...The skull mask has been done and blue doesn't suit the Prophet.

(On a pretty unrelated note, why are there no images of the Evolved Summoner in this pose? I can't find a decent full image of that skin anywhere short of the original drawing.)

The styling of the armor is just too imperial; it has lost every hint of savagery that made her charming in that nasty witch sort of way
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Skins like Woods Witch & Cenobite's Hood have this crazy, feral, wild look to them. The exalted skin is cool but it's like she's been tamed. Also the headdress looks like a beehive hairdo.
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

Originally Posted by Grisamentum
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Skins like Woods Witch & Cenobite's Hood have this crazy, feral, wild look to them. The exalted skin is cool but it's like she's been tamed. Also the headdress looks like a beehive hairdo.
    At the very least, the color scheme could be fixed. That blue does not suit the Prophet. A woody dark green or red, though. And the skull mask, while nice, has been done already with the Scout. Now, maybe if it were a more demonic skull...Or some wood-carved mask...

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    At the very least, the color scheme could be fixed. That blue does not suit the Prophet. A woody dark green or red, though. And the skull mask, while nice, has been done already with the Scout. Now, maybe if it were a more demonic skull...Or some wood-carved mask...
    I think the designers are trying to add a sense of solidarity to the high ranking humans via the colour schemes. The intention appears to be to get them to appear as a united force which would be a show of strength to thr vampires. I think that concept would be lost if they used a different colour scheme.

What I think they should be going for with the Prestige Prophet is something of a high priestess (different from the vampire one, more scary looking) as opposed to a hermit in the woods which is best left to the lower ranks.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 28th Sep 2015 at 08:13.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I agree, Vamp. She doesn't look 'high priestess' enough right now, though. They could capture her wildness & eccentricity while still conforming to the overall style of the other prestige skins.
    She kind of looks like she should be in that ballroom scene in Labyrinth, imo.
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

I think the designers are trying to add a sense of solidarity to the high ranking humans via the colour schemes. The intention appears to be to get them to appear as a united force which would be a show of strength to thr vampires. I think that concept would be lost if they used a different colour scheme.

What I think they should be going for with the Prestige Prophet is something of a high priestess (different from the vampire one, more scary looking) as opposed to a hermit in the woods which is best left to the lower ranks.
    Well, they could darken the blue or something. It just doesn't look quite right...Though it may look better if the overall image was more Prophety.

Something in a high priestess could look amazing.

So i couldn't help myselft from doing this paintover since i've seen the concept for the first time. Sorry if that's not really appreciated =) I understand that the final product will look waaay better than the original concept (like with the other concepts and final models i've seen), it's just my interpretation of how i would do it.

The main thing that put me off was the mask. The skull is too basic and cartoony unfortunately. The current prophet designs are my favourite of all the other characters and their skins. They've raised a high bar of intricate and savage design. So i tried to retain the most of the concept and just focus on the things that i think might help to improve this, at least for me. Basically - a little more complex skull design with some tusks and a minor change in her coat - dark leather parts splitted in the bottom. Of course it's just a one way of doing it, the design of the helmet may be really different, but it in my view it needs some more "prophetness".

And again, i hope i'm not being intrusive here, just having fun and experimenting with the thing.

On the case of Vanguard, don't have much to say. I don't see anything off puting in his skin straight away, nothing that a good modeler can't improve at least.

Originally Posted by bopchara
    [ALL OF THE AWESOME]
    Yes. Hey, Nosgoth art guys - This. All of this. Do this.

The frontal tusks seem a bit much...Shrink them a little, I'd say. The leather bits are a great touch, totally solves my issues with the not-very-Prophety abundance of blue.

Only immediate flaw with the Vanguard is that I don't see the big flowy lower jacket part being conducive to their more brutish chargey-bashy style. Doesn't look right for 'em, y'know?
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 28th Sep 2015 at 21:18.

22. Originally Posted by bopchara
    I like this very much. The problem with the original is, that the mask is not an improvement from the standard skin.
    You know, scout moved from iron mask to iron skull mask.
    Prophet moved from deer skull mask to... wood skull mask.
    The Elite mask seems smaller, and not impressive enough.
    It should move from deer skull to baby elephant skull indeed (or whatever it is).
    What I like about the original are the golden rings in the mask, though. They should put those inside the tusks.

^Exactly. The Prestige mask is lesser than the default rather than greater.

I'd still rather a Hylden mask if nothing else. Scout's already got a skull and the Hylden were enemies of the vampires...And Prophets were originally cultists at Avernus. So if not that crazy awesome tusk monster above, I say go Hylden.

I don't really agree about taking the designs for what is essentially the officer rank to a more outlandish look. The whole idea behind these Prestige skins is that the human factions are integrating into a single organised force. I'm not saying they should lose their individually, but the point of the Prestige skins is that these high ranked members have gained some nobility for themselves. I mean like they'd want to lionise themselves in tbe eyes of their peers. I think that's that the designers are going for with regards to the Prestige skins.

I think the Prophet should maybe go back to it's roots with the type of masks that the Hash'Ak'Gik worshippers wore, with some sort of mitre or nuns hat type thing. They'd be wanting something that inspired loyalty and respect ftom the other factions. Some sort of appreciation for the role they now play in this new human regime. The backlers should come back though, as something more majestic like the bones of wings painted gold and with fabric draped over them.

This is closer to what I meant with "high priestess", although there would have to be a mask and/or veil and the backlers.

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 28th Sep 2015 at 23:10.

I don't really agree about taking the designs for what is essentially the officer rank to a more outlandish look. The whole idea behind these Prestige skins is that the human factions are integrating into a single organised force. I'm not saying they should lose their individually, but the point of the Prestige skins is that these high ranked members have gained some nobility for themselves. I mean like they'd want to lionise themselves in tbe eyes of their peers. I think that's that the designers are going for with regards to the Prestige skins.

I think the Prophet should maybe go back to it's roots with the type of masks that the Hash'Ak'Gik worshippers wore, with some sort of mitre or nuns hat type thing. They'd be wanting something that inspired loyalty and respect ftom the other factions. Some sort of appreciation for the role they now play in this new human regime. The backlers should come back though, as something more majestic like the bones of wings painted gold and with fabric draped over them.
    Mitres are pretty outlandish themselves especially for battle. I'd suggest something like what the Priestess has on her head but they already incorporated her into The Fane...Unless the Prophets raided that place and saw the statues, it'd be a bit odd...

Some manner of backler drapery would definitely improve it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last