Thread: Patch Notes – 17th September 2015

Patch Notes – 17th September 2015

I managed to enter the game and read "talents" description... First of all - if we can choose only 1 then what the difference between perks ?? Second - some of talents freeking OP compare to others.
    For example, if you killed someone with kidnap or abduct this ability cd will be instantly reset or prophet one - killing enemy restores you 20% hp

Hell Strike is broken now with the new perk.
    Not only casting speed is increased, but also the travel time.
    We tried it out on Stream: It travels half the distance after the cast is complete and then hits instantly, with no chance to dodge.

Good job -.-

Also another question - where is Talent Tree ?_? That's how talent tree should look like...

I like the new patch, was the first time in nosgoth since months I had fun again. Some talents are obviously better than others (even overpowered or not working as intented) but that can easily be fixed. Even if it's not really a talent tree I like the idea behind it. But please get those perks out of my inventory, it's already cluttered up with items, I don't need even more of those.

But let's be honest, this global infect bug proves that the QA team is actually just one guy that starts the game one time and tells everybody it's working.
    Last edited by Louves; 17th Sep 2015 at 23:52.

Okay, so as it is at the moment, Infect with viral strain is both OP and bugged. The OP part is easy: Its new range is WAY to large. Nerf it to 15-20 percent, and see how that goes. The bugged part is a bit more difficult: If you spawn as human while another human is infected, you are being infected on spawn. It doesn't matter how far away you are. I (and others) have seen on multiple occasions that when somebody spawned on the other side of the map, way out of range of everybody else, still got infect. This way, we might as well remove infect and give all humans -200 health to start with! Anyway, hope this gets fixed soon.

-Now Deceiver's infect ,affect all players across the map,doesn't matter you're on the other side of the entire map,or just spawned.
    -All of your money are now wasted in new perks.(Talent trees are a whole different story Imho)
    -Huge Fps Drops since last patch (i7 4Ghz / GTX 970 /16GB Ram).
    -Uncasted spells even if u keep pressing that exact button.

With respect,pls fix asap.Can't play ESL in that conditions.

Virulent Strain is by far the most broken talent in the game. Plague is hitting people from over halfway across the map.

That said I love what talents have done for to game, as they make a lot of previously unused skills viable; it's just some of the numbers that are excessive.

Well this great, I bought a lot of perks permanent with gold !!!!! Now they are all gone and my earned gold that I spent is gone to.

Originally Posted by River_
    Okay, so as it is at the moment, Infect with viral strain is both OP and bugged. The OP part is easy: Its new range is WAY to large. Nerf it to 15-20 percent, and see how that goes. The bugged part is a bit more difficult: If you spawn as human while another human is infected, you are being infected on spawn. It doesn't matter how far away you are. I (and others) have seen on multiple occasions that when somebody spawned on the other side of the map, way out of range of everybody else, still got infect. This way, we might as well remove infect and give all humans -200 health to start with! Anyway, hope this gets fixed soon.
    Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    Virulent Strain is by far the most broken talent in the game. Plague is hitting people from over halfway across the map.

That said I love what talents have done for to game, as they make a lot of previously unused skills viable; it's just some of the numbers that are excessive.
    No - its not the perk. Its infect.
    I tried it without it. Same difference. You infect fresh spawns across the entire map with it, even without perk.

I do like the idea of the new "talents", tho I think most of them need a reevaluation of numbers..

Also we have 5vs3 back
    And yes he could shoot the Vamps^^ (at least after he left a Vamp joined^^)

Sry to stupid to rezise the image

EDIT:
    Have Senti's become faster ? O.o
    Last edited by Shikei001; 17th Sep 2015 at 21:29.
    signature image

I bought my perks with gold, all of them... a handful were 2400 gold each when I bought them.

I've invested a lot of time getting that gold... I also used 15k from the Immortal Pack to buy Perks, now that's gone too! I paid real money to get that gold...

Not cool man... not cool

shoutout to the QA department

if it exists

Is like playtesting a foreign concept to psyonix/SE or ?

Originally Posted by Halpachino
    Is like playtesting a foreign concept to psyonix/SE or ?
    Na dude they just want us to do it for free regardless of how it tarnishes the reputation of the game.

SE: "This game isn't finished yet, but you can play it anyway!"
    Community: "How dare you let us play a game that isn't finished yet!"

I get that it's a really long time to be in beta, but by definition that means its in an unfinished state. It's hardly false advertising if SE have made that clear from the start.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Bugged Infect aside... I'm enjoying Hellstrike being usable again. It's excessive, but with the damage falloff adjustment they made a few patches ago, it's not that bad. The original Hellstrike damage with this speed would be as bad as Infect right now.

I haven't had a chance to try all the new talents out yet, but overall I like this. Sure there are things that need to be adjusted, infect goes too far and hellstrike moves too fast to have any hope of dodging; but I think this is a good start.

First the elephant in the room, this isn't what could be considered a skill tree. If it is then it's been cut down, the stump has been uprooted, the log has been hauled off, and the severed limbs are all that is left. Not to say that it couldn't be a skill tree down the line, this certainly lays the ground work for it.

I like that certain perks have been merged, like spread and recoil; and I enjoy the absurdity of what I can do now with the vampires, I can leap over half the map in a single pounce. The human talents are great, I especially love the Vanguard, you gave us the option to have his shield back to the way we remember it at the time of release or be able to send an axe flying faster than a Prophet's bullet. The bleed effect talent seems a bit much so that might need some tweaks down the line.

I look forward to seeing how this develops and what traits get added on in the future.

edit
    Would you consider giving us back the jump cancel for the Tyrant if it was a talent?
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 18th Sep 2015 at 06:01.

Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    Bugged Infect aside... I'm enjoying Hellstrike being usable again. It's excessive, but with the damage falloff adjustment they made a few patches ago, it's not that bad. The original Hellstrike damage with this speed would be as bad as Infect right now.
    What? The original Hell Strike was not as bad as it is now.
    The projectiles travel half the distance and then just randomly hit you - theres no way to predict where they will land, since they don't.
    They swirl in the air and even if they are still 20m away from you, suddenly, BOOM, 400 Health gone.

I just looked at the new talents and I do not really see a difference between the old perks and these functionality wise. All that was changed was some effects were merged or added and it seems more streamlined. Some of them are actually interesting options, so it seems like a very positive change so far (aside from the bugs). I also like the new, more flavoured names and that some of the old ones are back (like Dead Eye)! Good job on these, getting rid of some of the useless perks and merging the effects was a great idea
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 18th Sep 2015 at 08:08.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    I just looked at the new "talents" and I do not really see a difference between the old perks and these. All that was changed was some effects were merged or added and it seems more streamlined. Some of them are actually interesting options, so it seems like a positive change so far (aside from the bugs). I also like the new, more flavoured names and that some of the old ones are back (like Dead Eye).
    Yes.

but also als Louves said: DO THEY REALLY NEED TO BE IN THE INVENTORY?

I might actually make a thread about this later, but the Inventory is horrible - I brough it up several times.
    There are things higher on the agenda, I get that, but as we've seen with the "deleting chests fix" for framerate issues, I would pose that a veterans inventory, filled with garbage boosters, skins, mysterious and exotic items might potentually have the same effect.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Yes.

but also als Louves said: DO THEY REALLY NEED TO BE IN THE INVENTORY?
    Yeah, good question . It adds 60 new items to your inventory, uff. I got sooo much stuff already indeed. An inventory redesign sounds reasonable.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Yeah, good question . It adds 60 new items to your inventory, uff. I got sooo much stuff already indeed. An inventory redesign sounds reasonable.
    In addition to moving the perks out of the inventory, I'd like to see a hide duplicates option. Anything you have more than one of, just stick an "x2", "x3" etc, in front of the icon to say that you have 2 or 3 of the item and so on.

Perhaps weapons and abilities could be displayed as a tree view as well. For example, alchemist would have Hand Cannon, Fullbore Cannon, Multi Cannon and Viscous Cannon and then each icon has an expand function that shown all the different copies of that weapon individually. Maybe with uncanny, arcane and mysterious as further sub-groupings.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 18th Sep 2015 at 09:07.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Is there a hotfix for global infect today or are we forced to play with this on sunday in ESL?

Nosgoth Update queued?!
    What Sorcery is this?
    A hotfix?
    So close after a patch release?

Checking Twitter:
    @Nosgoth 11hrs ago:

We'll be pushing a quick update (super small) to fix a language error. No maintenance required! Please standby.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback and raising issues. I can appreciate that it isn't fun to run into bugs or issues, but please keep the discussions constructive.

For the Talents: We're going to be making adjustments to a bunch of these, to change the stats. Some of the values need to be adjusted, so we'll be fixing that. I don't have an ETA for that just yet but we'll keep you all updated once we know more. For now, I just want everyone to know that the values on a bunch of Talents will be changing, so bear with us. More news to follow.

For Infect: It looks like there is a new bug with that once the build went into the wild. We're looking into this and we'll let everyone know as soon as we can what will happen with that one.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last