Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Patch Notes – 17th September 2015

Patch Notes – 17th September 2015

Patch Notes – 17th September 2015

Feature Changes:

• Talent Tree system has been added. Players can now unlock class specific talents as they level up their characters. Talents will be retroactively awarded to players as well.
    • All perks and the old perk system has been removed since the talent tree system has been added. Previously purchased Runestone perks will also be refunded.
    • In addition to gaining a free trial on an item for completing a tutorial you will now also earn 300 gold reward for completing a tutorial. It will be retroactively awarded to those people who have already completed those tutorials.
    • One time Rentals - Items will have a one time trial only option to rent an item for gold and once with Runestones. Players will need to buy an item after these trials. Trials are still for 7 days and prices. See our blog here for detail.

Bug Fixes:

• Added in new restriction to prevent charge exploit in game
    • Corrected issue with leaver penalty not displaying correct duration of penalty.
    • Added in new restriction to prevent charge exploit in game
    • Corrected issue with leaver penalty not displaying correct duration of penalty.
    • Fixed a crash with Leagues
    • Fixed a Leagues crash when navigating the Archives tab
    • Turrets now cause correct damage when placed on a different elevation to the enemy
    • The Hunter's Bola no longer disappears with the Deceiver, when he activates Shroud
    • Fixed various text and localisation issues
    • Updated Sommerdamm's minimap to reflect map changes (collapsed tower)
    • Resolved an issue with a particular supply station on Provance, that caused climbing vampires to drop back down
    • Fixed a stats issue in Leagues, where it wasn't counting Time Alive stat correctly per class
    • Fixed a bug that caused Winter VFX to remain on Vampire hands after being killed

Known Issues:
    • You may encounter a crash if you quit/finish a match while in the Loadout screen. Please ensure you don't bring up the Loadout when a match has ended or you leave a match in progress.
    • After completing a Tutorial for the first time, the congrats screen may re-appear after a couple of matches (this is purely a UI issue)
    • Prompts/ingame chat will always warn players about a 10 min leaver penalty regardless of their state/tier of penalty.
    • When Vanguard is locked, his default Talent is shown as Resilient Presence, but the actual default is Toughness.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Any idea whether fixes for Deceiver footstep issues are under way? Maybe next patch ... ?

Originally Posted by gzvirax
    Any idea whether fixes for Deceiver footstep issues are under way? Maybe next patch ... ?
    I'll check up on that one with the team!

Can we get more infos about that mysterious talent tree?

Has reconnecting to matches been fixed?
    4v3 are your biggest bane Please focus the related bugs down as fast as you can.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

Originally Posted by Louves
    Can we get more infos about that mysterious talent tree?
    seems to me its the exact same thing as it was before , but this tree system adores noobs and says to vets, oh well at least the games still ridden with disconnects and bugs for us long supporting vets
    Last edited by Bazielim; 17th Sep 2015 at 17:01. Reason: Tou #3 - bad language

When will we get the after execution quotes back?
    signature image

Originally Posted by blackberrygoo
    seems to me its the exact same thing as it was before , but this tree system adores noobs and says you to vets, oh well at least the games still ridden with disconnects and bugs for us long supporting vets
    Keep your language clean!

Check out the Talent Trees once the game is live before making a judgment. It includes new Talents and mixes things up quite a bit, so we'd love to hear what you guys think once you've had a chance to play around with them.

@FireWorks_ - I'll check, are you specifically having issues reconnecting to a match that you were already in? Drop me a link if you posted detail in a specific thread, and I'll follow up here to make sure they're aware.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 17th Sep 2015 at 19:23.

RIP my 300k coins + 20k runestones i wasted on my builds that now are useless since they were all based on specific perks. GG

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    RIP my 300k coins + 20k runestones i wasted on my builds that now are useless since they were all based on specific perks. GG
    I was just thinking the same thing: this change screws everyone who used the forge to create builds based around perks, which quite a few players have been doing... personally I haven't wasted runes, so I'm not in quite the same boat as you, but it seems I've put 160k gold down the drain.

Unnecessary/unwanted changes such as this are going to ruin this game for me.

The notes said runestones are being refunded, but I bought all my perks with gold in alpha/beta. Does gold get refunded too? At least I've avoided using the forge too much so far, because I know there's better features coming up that I'd prefer to use the materials for.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I think too many people are jumping the gun on this whole system. Everyone who is visiting these forums on a regular wants to see Nosgoth improve and become more than what it currently is. Nosgoth needs to innovate and do things different than it currently is to bring in more people.

Currently we haven't even seen how this talent system will work, maybe you still have viable builds or more viable builds.

Basically what I am saying is, instead of tearing down Nosgoth (Psyonix) for trying something new, embrace it and be constructive about the changes. No one likes being ripped to shreds for trying something new, ask George Lucas that's why he sold Star Wars.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Arydious
    I think too many people are jumping the gun on this whole system. Everyone who is visiting these forums on a regular wants to see Nosgoth improve and become more than what it currently is. Nosgoth needs to innovate and do things different than it currently is to bring in more people.

Currently we haven't even seen how this talent system will work, maybe you still have viable builds or more viable builds.

Basically what I am saying is, instead of tearing down Nosgoth (Psyonix) for trying something new, embrace it and be constructive about the changes. No one likes being ripped to shreds for trying something new, ask George Lucas that's why he sold Star Wars.
    The Star Wars prequels aren't the best example of reasons to embrace the new. Almost everyone hated them.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    The Star Wars prequels aren't the best example of reasons to embrace the new. Almost everyone hated them.
    I agree but the point was a guy who created a universe SOLD everything to another company, because no one had an open mind about changes he made to his OWN creation.
    signature image

I agree with needing "new innovations" for certain games but nosgoths biggest problems by far are these : bugs and glitches still present in a beta game hardly getting worked out, disconnects and terrible hardware hosted servers and not enough regions (no South american servers so US east and west are filled with high ping South americans), random "innovations" not necessarily needed at this time..

I get that they are trying to balance while moving on the tether so to speak, but at the state this game is bug-wise and popularity wise, it wont make it another year if they just try and cram in all these new trees, forge and features (not to mention skins for purchase) when all these messed up bugs and mechanical issues(deceiver issues, disconnects, imbalance in ranked and it being filled with quitters) still stay strong ... This game needs an overhaul of how it operates in terms of progression, the team is constantly trying to progress upwards when they havent even built their foundation strong enough yet (cracks in the foundation being the iffy ranked matches with quitters galore, the new system of perks that guaranteed favors the new trying to desperately pull more in, the bugs that apparently only the vets realize and not even the devs/mods, mostly because they are solely working on the new features not even realizing there's many things to be done still on past issues) .

What keeps this games popularity at the minimum it is , is the competitiveness of the game, but who can even think about that when you constantly have an influx of new people (and old bugs) who just want to check out all the "cool features" they realize the games pretty awesome but not worth their time (long waits for unranked even in peak hours, ranked is always plagued with quitters and bad balance) so they spent a little money keeping this game afloat but ultimately it makes for a game to think it has enough leeway to be expanding when really it still needs to fix the cracks in its foundation. What im saying is, make the foundation stronger, sure we wont see any new players for a few months while they nail down the party system better, add more servers over the world, improve the strength of their servers (more desync in any 8 player deathmatch game i have ever seen) , and last but not least fix all the bugs with certain builds like tyrant charge abuse, deceiver footsteps AND floating issue, and summoners terrible small attack hitbox, but ultimately it will pull in SO MANY MORE players if Nosgoth was fixed in these ways. Many things are swept under the rug and even i ignore them, but its gettting to a point where i have to say something because the devs seem like they want to make the game bigger with more features when they should be focusing on strengthening their foundation so that they can add features after and have a much cleaner experience in which noobs can influx and not wanna rage quit due to imbalance of teams, bad servers, and many glitches in a small deathmatch arena game.

I love nosgoth but when I see decisions made solely to gain popularity red flags get raised because of the current state of the game, its simply not ready for more features and I know this tech tree isnt the last of these new features , work should be spent 100% on bugfixing and server additions for at least 3 months until they add more fancy unneeded stuff, but thats just me i guess everyone else doesnt mind the incredibly small population which ultimately is created because of all the issues i explained above (and most likely more ive forgotten).

Nosgoth is back online! Thanks for your patience, everyone <3

Blackberry I can't argue with you at all on that. The bugs and glitches need to be addressed at a much faster rate then they currently are.

It's true even innovating to bring in new players many will leave when they die to a glitch or bug, nothing is more frusterating then losing like that. Not to mention lobbies and matchmaking I agree.

However I like to stay positive about all things and I welcome change.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Nosgoth is back online! Thanks for your patience, everyone <3
    No, it's not. Stahp troll

Still not online.

All perks and the old perk system has been removed since the talent tree system has been added. Previously purchased Runestone perks will also be refunded.
    But what about players who spend gold for pernament versions ?? They should get gold refund too.

https://www.nosgoth.com/servers

can we maybe get the old website back? ... it never lied to me and you could actually see if only EU is down and go for a US server if you want to.
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

still in maintenance... :-(

edit: up and running, thank you.
    Last edited by Captain3009; 17th Sep 2015 at 18:43.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

Originally Posted by Arydious
    You were correct, I was definitely jumping the gun. The new system is not as drastic a redesign as expected. Many of the old perks exist as talents, with some new class-specific talents looking very interesting.

One thing I'm really disappointed about is that there's no Bloodlust talent (increased attack speed on kill) on vampires.

edit: There are a number of talents that seem ridiculously OP, e.g. the instant life on kill talents or the hunter explosives talent. The Deceiver talent to give 50% increased radius on Plague is completely broken ... please remove it or reduce the increase to only 10-15%.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 17th Sep 2015 at 18:57.

Originally Posted by Firehex
    But what about players who spend gold for pernament versions ?? They should get gold refund too.
    This. I paid around 40k coins for all perks, where's my refund?

Also a few of this talents are broken, holy ...

Really sucks that there's no gold refunds. Time is an investment too, which we've now lost.

Speaking of time, I don't have a fast connection, so the download is taking a while. Does anyone want to list some of the talents here for those of us who have to wait?

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last