Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    Flaws!? Who cares about flaws - I certainly don't. There is no game in existence without flaws to whatever degree. I was more than pleased when this game came out that I actually found myself playing a game that was worlds apart from all the other mundane rubbish that is out there these days. I loved every episode and thoroughly enjoyed them all - bugs and all - until they were fixed.

Life is Strange came as a breath of fresh air at a time when I was totally disillusioned with gaming in general and, I thank Dontnod for reinvesting my interest in an otherwise predictable corporate gaming world.
    Very true. There are those that have suggested that the rewind feature is a "cop-out". Couldn't be further from the truth. Just about every decision has its long-term consequences. There's really no necessarily right or wrong decision.

Flaws!? Who cares about flaws - I certainly don't. There is no game in existence without flaws to whatever degree. I was more than pleased when this game came out that I actually found myself playing a game that was worlds apart from all the other mundane rubbish that is out there these days. I loved every episode and thoroughly enjoyed them all - bugs and all - until they were fixed.

Life is Strange came as a breath of fresh air at a time when I was totally disillusioned with gaming in general and, I thank Dontnod for reinvesting my interest in an otherwise predictable corporate gaming world.
    And there will be no continuation of the history of Max and Chloe (so I do not want to hear from them this information. Much is still unknown.). And last episode released more than a year ago. Where new information?

Pardon?! I'm not sure I follow you!
    signature image

Pardon?! I'm not sure I follow you!
    What? I don't understand you

P.S I use Google translator, I from Ukraine...

I looked on the internet there are rumors that in Season 2 will be completely new characters, not even one rumor , no .... = (

Quote Originally Posted by I_Maybe_MrRobot View Post
    I looked on the internet there are rumors that in Season 2 will be completely new characters, not even one rumor , no .... = (
    Rumours are, and rumours do, exactly what they're designed to do - spread information about that which is not necessarily true but may have a loose footing in reality to a certain degree. All rumours about a second season of "Life is Strange" have yet to be officially confirmed by Dontnod themselves before the rumour can be quashed and replaced with solid fact.

Right here and now it is more wishful thinking than anything else that a second season is coming. Also: the fact that Dontnod are at this moment developing another game for release in 2017 called "Vampyr," it is highly doubtful that a second season of LiS is even on the discussion table yet!

Never say never.

JJ
    Last edited by julietxjules; 30th Oct 2016 at 00:54.
    signature image

Rumours are, and rumours do, exactly what they're designed to do - spread information about that which is not necessarily true but may have a loose footing in reality to a certain degree. All rumours about a second season of "Life is Strange" have yet to be officially confirmed by Dontnod themselves before the rumour can be quashed and replaced with solid fact.

Right here and now it is more wishful thinking than anything else that a second season is coming. Also: the fact that Dontnod are at this moment developing another game for release in 2017 called "Vampyr," it is highly doubtful that a second season of LiS is even on the discussion table yet!

Never say never.

JJ
    Yeah...
    See, so many rumors:
    http://www.crossmap.com/news/life-is...season-2-26271
    http://www.crossmap.com/news/life-is...ary-2017-29523
    http://www.crossmap.com/news/life-is...ary-2017-28649
    http://www.youthhealthmag.com/articl...e-season-2.htm
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/d...ow-characters/
    http://www.christiantoday.com/articl....max/79908.htm

And :
    http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/24/883...son-2-new-cast

Very fear

Those rumours mean nothing and are only a bunch of people looking to get 'hits' on their web site by playing on gamers desires. there is only one website that, in a case like this, you should take any notice of - and that is Dontnod's official site. Anything and everything relating to new developments will be found there before anywhere else.

I haven't even bothered to link to the addresses you have supplied here simply because it is a forgone conclusion as to what content will be found there.
    signature image

Those rumours mean nothing and are only a bunch of people looking to get 'hits' on their web site by playing on gamers desires. there is only one website that, in a case like this, you should take any notice of - and that is Dontnod's official site. Anything and everything relating to new developments will be found there before anywhere else.

I haven't even bothered to link to the addresses you have supplied here simply because it is a forgone conclusion as to what content will be found there.
    What about the interview on the polygon site? Is it possible that a lie?

Lying has nothing to do with it. The interview you refer to actually happened but even then there was no firm commitment from Dontnod about a second season. 'IF' is the biggest word in the English language and that is all this interview came down to...what if!?
    signature image

Lying has nothing to do with it. The interview you refer to actually happened but even then there was no firm commitment from Dontnod about a second season. 'IF' is the biggest word in the English language and that is all this interview came down to...what if!?
    Yes, you're right, actually.

P.S I myself thought - what is the point to end the story with so much potential, besides, people liked Max and Chloe - why spoil something that works perfectly...

P.P.S Are you waiting for the continuation history of Max and Chloe? I'm really looking forward to.

And, very bad news:
    "To answer your first question. It is stated by devs during multiple interviews that the story of Max and Chloe is finished. No continuation has been planned."
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstran...c5/why_no_dlc/ - official community Life is Strange Reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Maybe_MrRobot View Post
    Yes, you're right, actually.

P.S I myself thought - what is the point to end the story with so much potential, besides, people liked Max and Chloe - why spoil something that works perfectly...

P.P.S Are you waiting for the continuation history of Max and Chloe? I'm really looking forward to.
    Life is Strange came about, like so many other stories do, from an original idea that was allowed to develop in its own time without being hurried or influenced by outside forces. For the writing team (Christian Divine & Jean-Luc Cano) to embark on yet another adventure featuring Max and Chloe would prove difficult at best simply because it would not live up to people's expectations. Sequels can have a nasty habit of disappointing the core audience for which they are intended for several reasons. I don't believe that when the writers began developing this game they ever imagined writing a sequel or to begin a franchise. The game itself was a stand-alone, a one off, and a unique gaming experience that generated well over a million sold units. Unfortunately, when an original game - such as this one, is unleashed into the gaming world it immediately loses any originality which at first it possessed because it is no longer new.

To repeat this process would, in some ways, be a lost cause - especially if the original characters are used once again. It could never have the same impact as did the first and that alone would be disappointing on many levels. It’s a bit like travelling to a place for the very first time, if ever you go back there it wouldn't be the same because you have already experienced it and know what you should expect. The newness and originality have both been lost.

That is not to say that I don't think a sequel is possible or probable, but the sequel would have to exceed expectations rather than merely just meet them. The story would have to be both bold and shocking - just like the first, if it didn't it would fall within the realms of the mundane and become a bland exercise in putting a sequel out just for the sake of it. Somehow, I don't think that Dontnod would want to do that.

The game itself owes much to the 'road movie' or 'film noir,' and I think I'm correct in saying that most if not all examples of this genre have never been revisited with a sequel, they have all been stand-alone stories that only work in one instance and not two. So if Dontnod ever get round to developing a sequel, then the quality and depth of the story will come down to whether or not they can transcend the first story and eclipse it by miles.

Max and Chloe have both entered the upper echelons of gaming history and that's exactly where they should stay for all time - in my opinion.
    signature image

Life is Strange came about, like so many other stories do, from an original idea that was allowed to develop in its own time without being hurried or influenced by outside forces. For the writing team (Christian Divine & Jean-Luc Cano) to embark on yet another adventure featuring Max and Chloe would prove difficult at best simply because it would not live up to people's expectations. Sequels can have a nasty habit of disappointing the core audience for which they are intended for several reasons. I don't believe that when the writers began developing this game they ever imagined writing a sequel or to begin a franchise. The game itself was a stand-alone, a one off, and a unique gaming experience that generated well over a million sold units. Unfortunately, when an original game - such as this one, is unleashed into the gaming world it immediately loses any originality which at first it possessed because it is no longer new.

To repeat this process would, in some ways, be a lost cause - especially if the original characters are used once again. It could never have the same impact as did the first and that alone would be disappointing on many levels. It’s a bit like travelling to a place for the very first time, if ever you go back there it wouldn't be the same because you have already experienced it and know what you should expect. The newness and originality have both been lost.

That is not to say that I don't think a sequel is possible or probable, but the sequel would have to exceed expectations rather than merely just meet them. The story would have to be both bold and shocking - just like the first, if it didn't it would fall within the realms of the mundane and become a bland exercise in putting a sequel out just for the sake of it. Somehow, I don't think that Dontnod would want to do that.

The game itself owes much to the 'road movie' or 'film noir,' and I think I'm correct in saying that most if not all examples of this genre have never been revisited with a sequel, they have all been stand-alone stories that only work in one instance and not two. So if Dontnod ever get round to developing a sequel, then the quality and depth of the story will come down to whether or not they can transcend the first story and eclipse it by miles.

Max and Chloe have both entered the upper echelons of gaming history and that's exactly where they should stay for all time - in my opinion.
    Hmm ... And I agree with you. I am now convinced that the continuation of this amazing history is not necessary. I do not think the game industry will be something better than history Max and Chloe (It will take a very long time), of course unless Dontnod will do better in the second season with a new story =).

Hai. I'm just another nerd.

Hello everybody!

My name is Noel, and I'm also slightly in love with both Arcadia Bay and its neighbours. As Fiona223 just said, yep, I'm just another nerd here. In order to introduce myself briefly, I'll say that I'm 17-years-old, I study Computer Science at university, I love playing videogames, reading and writing. Mainly short stories and even novels, but I also write about videogames. In fact, that's why I ended up in this forum. I contribute to an online videogame magazine, www.startvideojuegos.com, and I'm preparing an article about the game, in which I would like to analyse Life Is Strange from the standpoint of interactive narrative, as well as talk about how the game tackles sexuality, character development in the interactive medium, etc. In the article I would like to include players' opinions, thoughts and experiences, so you might see me soon posting a thread around here asking you a few aspects I'd like to comment on my article. And well, if someone is already interested in helping, feel free to send me a private message.

And well, that's it, I just wanted to say hello.

Nice to meet you!

Hello everybody, nice to meet

Glad to be here!

Hey everyone,
    I just registered and thought I'd briefly introduce myself in my first post .
    My name's Marco, and like Noel, I'm definitely in love with Arcadia Bay and all of its various inhabitants. I enjoy spending my spare time with all my friends who I'm really lucky to have. I'm also having fun in doing sports, e.g. I do a lot of skateboarding which feels really awesome, and not only because Max and Chloe seem to be into skater boys .
    Let me close this with saying that I'm so glad that the beautiful experience,that is Life Is Strange, led me here. I could go on about this quite some more, but I think I'll better do that in a dedicated thread .
    So, nice to be here and meet you all!

Hello there everyone, My name is Austin
    I have recently tried my hand at blogging and I have written a short review of Life is Strange. I do think that is is a really great game worthy of praise.
    I.ll leave a link to my post for anyone who is interested, any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Cheers and best regards
    Austin
    http://austinrambles.blogspot.co.uk/...ge-review.html

Hi, welcome! In this site I'm new too! I am going to make this as short and super simple as I can. My name is Banjamin, but friends call me just Ben. If you want, you can call me Ben too, it's easier. I think this site is awesome, interesting and informative, so for this reason I joined in this community! Life is strange game is one of my favorites, for this reason forum about this game is most useful for me.

So I'll give it a go too.

I'm from Germany, joined here after I played the first episode of Life is Strange (when there only were like two episodes released), but have never been active in the forums at all.
    Now, with the release of Before the Storm, I want to change that and become more active here.
    I'm pretty sure that the people that are here in this forum joined because they have a special connection with the LiS series and themselves, just like me.

I hope to find people who think alike here and maybe have the one or another deep conversation about LiS in general.

That's it for the moment!

I just joined here today. Huge LIS fan, like to write for a living as well. Love interactive story based games. I also own an indie gaming company called the Privateer Workshop! We are set to release our first game later this month.

Greetings

Hello, I am Arbiter and I am long time fan of this game, and decided to join the community.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12