Thread: Class Bundles - Sentinel feedback

Class Bundles - Sentinel feedback

Post Class Bundles - Sentinel feedback

Hi everyone!

As has been requested in the past, we're looking into putting together some play-style bundles for each class. These would be packs of complementing abilities/weapons, giving you a specific loadout in one go, for a specific play-style. We have our ideas of what some great loadouts would be, but we'd like to hear from YOU!

For instance for the Alchemist, many of you may have a "Supportive" loadout that you use, to back up team mates with healing, and an "Offensive" loadout, to do max damage.

What do your ideal loadouts look like? Everyone has their own preference, and there is potential for some great variation, allowing for instance for two very different packs! Let us know!

This thread is for discussion of the SENTINEL only. Please check out the list of other threads here.
    Last edited by Saikocat; 19th Sep 2014 at 13:27.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

For the Sentinel

PRIMARY SKILL: Abduct

I prefer it then Kidnap because if you catch a dying human it's much faster to get the kill and fly away. Also, damage is always good.

SECONDARY SKILL: Puncture

As I said, damage is always good. And then it gives a nice combo with Abduct and the next skill.

TERTIARY ABILITY: Takeoff

Always useful for escaping, but useless if a Scout fllows you at distance, or use a Volley in the spot you jumped.

It can be use as finishing touch in the Abduct - Puncture combo. First, you catch the human, you let him fall then you fly next to him, you use puncture. If he's dead, congratulations. If not, and probably he's almost dead, you can claw him, or if there are more humans around that can kill you, Takeoff. You kill the guy, and fly away safe.

PERK: Undying Winsdom or Regeneration

The first one helps you in diving many times and be more a fast attacker, the second one is useful if you encounter humans with great aim. You can fly away, and regenerate better.

(click image to enlarge)

My loadout: Abduct, Wing Flap, Air Strike, Nimbleness. I don't use Puncture, I can never hit with the damn thing, the hit box is too small for my taste.

I feel Sentinel has the same issue with Deceiver, not enough options in the other slots to make meaningful loadout choices. Echolocation is almost useless, Take Off is average, Dive Bomb or Air Strike is the way to go.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

DPS:
    Primary: Abduct (I use a rare that has +5% health and +8% damage when below 33% health/ -10% wall climb speed and regen delay I believe is the other penalty)
    Secondary: Air Strike
    Tertiary: Puncture
    Perk: Health or Berserk

Support:
    Primary: Kidnap (Place humans on rooftops where waiting vamps are lurking)
    Secondary: Wing Flap (opportunities to get humans out of location or potentially save a fleeing comrade)
    Tertiary: Echolocation or air strike (echo only to keep an eye on where scouts are and identify opportunities to eliminate them)

Perk: Undying Wisdom

Sentinal is a great all-around class and my personal favourite. Can both initiate, harass and deal lot of direct dmg.

Special Ability:
    Abduct - I prefer this over Kidnap due to the decreased amount of time you hold a person. You'll still deal a good amount of dmg while also moving an enemy away from the rest of his team to set up easier kills, and then you're able to get away quicker than with Kidnap.

Primary Ability:
    Puncture (or Wing Clam, as i like to call it) - Great for some direct dmg, doesnt push away your enemy so you're able to hit them directly after. It does require a slightly better aim than Wing Flap but its still way superior in my opinion. It also can hit more than one enemy if they happen to be standing right next to eachother and you place your hit well.

Secondary Ability:
    Dive Bomb - This ability is great for initiating by stunning the entire enemy team or by supporting your own team after they've initiated. Say a Tyrant use Jump Attack to initiate and you Dive Bomb directly after. Ton of dmg and stun in a short amount of time. Dive Bomb can also be used as a harass if the enemy team is near a ledge where you can take off directly after hitting the ground.

Perk:
    I usually prefer the Regeneration perk as you usually take a lot of harass when flying around or using Abduct / Kidnap so its a great tool to get faster into the fight. Other choices could also be Blood Vitality for extra health or Bloodlust for some extra dmg.

My loadout for Sentinel looks like this:

Abduct - I prefer it over kidnap because it has guaranteed damage + fall damage. Sometimes while kidnapping/abducting people in buildings you can't get out of them in time for larger fall damage. But with abduct I know I'll be able to take away at least 200HP from a human.

Wing Flap - Although I've seen many experienced Sentinel players using Puncture, I prefer Wing Flap for two reasons. First, it's more fun. I love when I get the chance to use it to throw one or more humans off ledge. Second reason is because of knockback effect. If I make a mistake and happen to be in front of humans with good health, I can use Wing Flap to knock them off their feet and escape. Also, if I use it in 1v1 situations it's almost always followed by charged melee. And that's wing flap damage + fall damage + charged melee damage.

Air Strike - allows you to do some nice AoE damage from more or less safe position. Takes some time to get used to it, especially when you're learning to throw it from cover, but once you learn it, you can do some nice damage which will help a lot while engaging. Also you can have a lot of fun with it, like throw it on a healing station when humans are trying to use it etc.

Bloodlust - I use it mainly because I have on my abduct +2% attack speed and -5% move and attack speed after kill. So with Bloodlust perk I can negate that debuff and have overall faster attack and movement speed after kill. Which comes in handy when it's time to finally land on the ground and clean up.

Originally Posted by Obisher
    Abduct - I prefer it over kidnap because it has guaranteed damage + fall damage. Sometimes while kidnapping/abducting people in buildings you can't get out of them in time for larger fall damage. But with abduct I know I'll be able to take away at least 200HP from a human.

Wing Flap - Although I've seen many experienced Sentinel players using Puncture, I prefer Wing Flap for two reasons. First, it's more fun. I love when I get the chance to use it to throw one or more humans off ledge. Second reason is because of knockback effect. If I make a mistake and happen to be in front of humans with good health, I can use Wing Flap to knock them off their feet and escape. Also, if I use it in 1v1 situations it's almost always followed by charged melee. And that's wing flap damage + fall damage + charged melee damage.

Air Strike - allows you to do some nice AoE damage from more or less safe position. Takes some time to get used to it, especially when you're learning to throw it from cover, but once you learn it, you can do some nice damage which will help a lot while engaging. Also you can have a lot of fun with it, like throw it on a healing station when humans are trying to use it etc.
    That's my favorite Sentinels loadout with Frenzy perk (increases melee attack speed by 5%), sometimes I prefer Puncture over Wing Flap ability.

Holy thread spam batman!

My personal loadouts:
    Marauder
    -Abduct+Wingflap+Airstrike+ 5%attack speed or 15% attack+move after kill

Raptor:
    -Kidnap+Puncture+Echolocate+ cooldown perk
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

OH, well, this is the Sentinel loadout I use:

Abduct: Since I play with some lag, and also like to deal damage for sure, I prefer this one over Kidnap. Also, since it's shorter, you are able to fly away faster from enemies shouting at you if they choose to focus on you instead on your allies. Plus, for when your victim falls down, already loses like a bit less than half their life - so easier to finish by either yourself or your team!

Puncture: Even if is harder to aim with it than with Wingflap, the reward is bigger since you deal a lot of damage with it. Plus it doesn't throw your enemies away, so is easier to chase an enemy and finish them. And, if you catch few of them together, specially in a healing station... Assured kills :P.

Air Strike: A safe way to attack at distance. If you aim right, you get some sweet damage, and you can even throw it in the middle of the fight to help killing the enemies. Or you can just make them move if they're camping. And if they don't move, more damage for not running away! And also has the advantage that you can throw it from behind a cover, so you don't need to be exposed. It needs practice, of course... But it's really useful once you get the handle of it, even if is just to locate your enemies by damaging them.

Frenzy: I use this one because I try to make my Sentinel a pure DPS... And also because, for a time, I would use Regeneration... But then I noticed that most of times I would die before finishing an enemy when they were already really low of life, and after learning how to properly fly and avoid more damage in air... I decided to add more attack over regenerating a bit more of damage.

Of course, this is not the most perfect loadout, but is the one which better works for me after trying a lot of combinations.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    Holy thread spam batman!
    Every now and then, there's a good kind of spam
    It's rare, but it happens!
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Abduct, Puncture, Air Strike, and Undying Wisdom

I fly around, wearing them down with air strikes, abduct a distracted one, then I drop down and finish them with puncture if the fall doesn't kill them.

Abduct/Puncture/Air Strike makes a fantastic assassin loadout (it also seems to be the most effective one at the moment). Even Air Strike helps with assassination rather than just poking besides throwing it in before a fight or into the middle of a teamfight because you can also lead single humans with it (best results on desparate humans looking for a heal).

Abduct, Wing Flap, Air Strike. I switch perks all the time, just whatever I feel like using.

With Abduct, I can do damage quickly without holding onto a target for too long. Wing Flap allows me to knock down anyone at any point in time. With good positioning, I can help a team mate by knocking down several humans that he has engaged. Air Strike is the perfect addition to be able to do some ranged damage without exposing yourself once you're able to place the bomb where you want it.

I use:

Abduct - guaranteed damage, less drop damage than kidnap but longer duration grab just means you are going to get chipped more.

Wing Flap - I love this skill, so versatile. Ive never even considered puncture. 100 less damage than puncture but it fires in a cone in front of you, its got great cc for getting into/out of a fight coupled with the incredible mobility of the sent its perfect for knocking enemies directly into chocking haze or splitting them up by knocking them off ledges, love it.

Airstrike - 500 radius blast dealing up to 350 damage? Yes please! Can be used form afar and from behind cover and is great for before an abduct AND after an abduct.

My philosophy is a grounded sent is a dead sent, I very rarely land to fight unless its a 1v1 or for a quick wingflap to save a teammate or split the humans/knock them into aoe. Having said this undying wisdom(10% c/d reduction) is a must for being effective without melee engaging the group every time.

WOW

Originally Posted by Razaiim
    My personal loadouts:
    Raptor:
    -Kidnap+Puncture+Echolocate+ cooldown perk
    Ur propably the first guy i see using this. Are u playing solo ?
    signature image

Ive been toying with a similar loadout to Razaiims raptor the only difference being that I use abduct instead of kidnap. I generally play in a team but use this in a team or solo. Its designed to take out cocky scouts that like to splinter off from team and to repeatedly hunt respawns when the humans refuse to budge and help them.

I find it really enjoyable but I dont think echolocation is as good as it could be atm. I don't know if any of the things that bother me about echolocation are by design but il list my gripes anyways.

Your teammates are not highlighted during its effect. (This! WHY!?)
    There is less of an indication when you are taking damage.
    It is difficult to distinguish between friendly and enemy AoE's.
    The transition in and out of echolocation is disorientating. (The "blink"?)

Overall love the style of echolocation but It needs a bit of polish methinks.