Thread: Dragon Quest Series - Issues, Crashes and Bugs

Dragon Quest Series - Issues, Crashes and Bugs

Dragon Quest Series - Issues, Crashes and Bugs

Running into issues? Then first and foremost:
    Make sure to contact customer support.
    - NA
    - EU
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an attempt to report a bug with a Square Enix product.

Dragon Quest I

Android

Played on a Samsung Galaxy S4

When accessing the map, touching the screen anywhere besides the "return" arrow results in the application crashing.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 14th Oct 2014 at 20:54.

I have issues with Dragon quest 1 as well on my blu advance 4.0 android smartphone

The game crashes a lot when switching from map to map Leaving the starting point in the starting point in the throne room will cause the app crash it, leaving castles/towns will crash it and returning does as well and i seen it even crash some times post battles. I'm thinking it could be an auto-save issue.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    Under what do i report the issues app/app errors

edit

Interesting i had put my phone into safe mode and the crashing i experienced stopped.
    Last edited by Soundersfan84; 10th Oct 2014 at 01:44.

Oh? I am pleased to hear that. Let customer support know it should you ever run into any other issues.

Going to as dragon quest 2 is having similar crash issue like with dq1, crashing stopped in safemode. Do I need make separate inquiries to costumer support for each game?

I have yet to determine what's different between running in safe mode and not where it doesn't cause the crashing

Submitting a ticket for each game is most likely the best thing to do, since that will inform the support team of the extent of the issue.

Would it help to mention that dq4 ran fine

Yes, include that in your report. Also, please keep us updated since others might have the same issue.

My thought is that it might be an issue with the game saving as I just went to check something and it crashed when I attempted a quick save and crashed when I tried a normal save via king in castle.

In dq2 I had issues with similar issue to. So how the game is saving to device might be the problem. Gonna see i can save fine in safe mode
    Last edited by Soundersfan84; 10th Oct 2014 at 17:10.

It most likely is, and on behalf of those who run into the same problem I appreciate that you are checking it so thoroughly.

I know Dq1 has been out for a month for smartphones and it was only just yesterday with DQ2 having the same problems when i discovered that it wasn't crashing in savemode.

And just did both games in safe mode and it saved fine no crashing with auto-save (between switching to different areas) quick save and normal save. No idea if its a wide spread issue on multiple of different devices or just with my specific one. But it does puzzle me as to why its not having those issues in safe-mode.

Indeed. Let us hope that customer support will be able to provide us with an explanation.

Just submitted the tickets for DQ1 and DQ2 now just to wait for a response.

DQ1 and DQ2 used a Portal App for release in japan but not in the US. Would the removal of that be causing the crash issue i am experiencing?

It's possible - there is always a risk that any direct changes might make the game unstable.

It's possible - there is always a risk that any direct changes might make the game unstable.
    That's what i am wondering since both are experiencing the same issue and removal of the portal app was a major change from the japan version. It would been another issue if both were experience different crash issues.

So safe-mode made it more stable at least to where that issue isn't a problem who know what other issues i may experience

Indeed. Let us hope that customer support will be able to provide us with an explanation.
    Got a response basically saying to try a bunch of stuff. Standard stuff tand passed on the feedback to the relevant department.

Before I contacted support initially I tried what they suggest to the point of wiping everything both internally and on the microsd and nothing changed

Should should I contact support again and mention about the portal app which was used for the release of DQ 1 & 2 in Japan but not for the english release.

Yes, contact them again and let them know that you have already tried everything on the list. The more information you are able to provide them with, the better.

Yes, contact them again and let them know that you have already tried everything on the list. The more information you are able to provide them with, the better.
    If the removal of the portal app did cause my problems with the 2 games and in theory I too should be having the same issue wit dragon quest 3 when comes out. But no way to know for sure if dq3 does have the same issue until it comes out.

just a FYI i live in the US and for future reference on future problems does it matter if i go through NA support or EU support given the time difference.

It generally doesn't matter in most cases, however you may want to contact the NA support instead of EU support due to, like you said, time differences.

It generally doesn't matter in most cases, however you may want to contact the NA support instead of EU support due to, like you said, time differences.
    Yea i converted date and time into GMT to make things easier on them as they asked in GMT. And also for future reference i'll mark down time when issue occurred as i didn't do that at first with DQ1 so i had to make a guess.

Its also confusing when dealing with issues with two different games at the same time. Especially when responding.

Dragon Quest 2 for iOS is extremely buggy!

I have an iPad Air running iOS 8. I've been playing the game for a couple of hours and I just picked up another character to join my party. Ever since this happened, I can't rest at an inn or purchase weapons and armor because the game repeatedly crashes with no error messages. Whether I restart with an auto-save or not, the result is the same. Is anybody else having this issue with the game?

Originally Posted by pewtercrush14
    I have an iPad Air running iOS 8. I've been playing the game for a couple of hours and I just picked up another character to join my party. Ever since this happened, I can't rest at an inn or purchase weapons and armor because the game repeatedly crashes with no error messages. Whether I restart with an auto-save or not, the result is the same. Is anybody else having this issue with the game?
    And for the record, I've already submitted this information to customer support. They gave me a ticket number for reference.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last