Thread: Unprofessional Patch & Communication

Unprofessional Patch & Communication

  1. #1

    Thumbs Up Unprofessional Patch & Communication

    To not provide patch notes with a patch is simply unprofessional in my book. It smacks of laziness when accompanied by the fact when I open your Steam page for updates, I am shown the less than relevant date of August 11th.
    35 days ago.

    Its nice you have updates on your site, but why not your Steam Page?

    I came from the Warframe community where there are weekly podcasts to go through concept art of whats coming up, address questions and concerns with balance, and talk next steps. It's assuring this game won't die in "Early Access" purgatory.

    Equally important, the studio delivered the content they said they would.

    I realize this is my first forum post, and I'm happy to now be a part of the community at large; however, that I should have to go through your website and not be kept up to date in Steam alienates a lot of your player base that will not travel outside their Steam Browser.

    Thanks for the read, hope to hear more from you guys in Steam.

    -Rowan

  2. #2
    There's nothing to say there won't be patch notes for the patch today. It's also likely the patch notes will be listed in-game as well.

  3. #3
    https://twitter.com/Nosgoth/status/511928449041453058

    :|

    I'm assuming that like many developers, Psyonix is working each patch up until the last minute and that they write up the patch notes after they've gotten the new build up and running.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,424
    We will have the patch notes ready a little bit later on, unfortunately they weren't ready in time today, but had to get the update out for everyone.

    We'll be posting a new thread once they're ready to go, bear with us!
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  5. #5
    I appreciate the feedback, and the quick response. I hope this issue gets resolved in the future.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Saikocat
    We will have the patch notes ready a little bit later on, unfortunately they weren't ready in time today, but had to get the update out for everyone.

    We'll be posting a new thread once they're ready to go, bear with us!
    Cool thanks Saiki
    the Tyrants new endure pain / Enrage looks amazing I shed a manly tear

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1
    for what its worth i agree with the OP.Almost on a daily basis someone says to me "i cant believe Nosgoth hasn't patched this or that" (mostly buggy matchmaking)...seems to me, (using other games as a model) transparency and communication go a long way with community patience on issues that could very well stop whole groups of people (like my circle of friends) from even checking for updates (i stopped checking ingame and steam prolly the end of august, due to a horrific stretch of party errors and eternal 2v4 matches). that being said i get that changes are made up to the last minute, but partial patch notes can be damaging to you're game (read: income) as my first reaction to seeing anything cash shop addressed in patch notes, but NO notes regarding the issue that has crippled my (and multiple friends) want to even que up to see if you've fixed the matchmaking and grouping errors, werent even mentioned...could be interpreted as a cash grab from a title that hasn't even made it to release . hope im wrong, but its easy to see how people could get the wrong impression of how you view you're community (again read: income) because you're notes "weren't ready in time."

    Originally Posted by Xenonetix
    There's nothing to say there won't be patch notes for the patch today.
    this is pretty damn snarky for a forum admin, especially since the patch notes that are available at this time have almost no info in them accept "buy this new stuff"
    Last edited by Tube_Reaver; 16th Sep 2014 at 18:25. Reason: Double posting

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by AL1V3_FTK
    this is pretty damn snarky for a forum admin, especially since the patch notes that are available at this time have almost no info in them accept "buy this new stuff"
    This is a bit much coming from someone that doesn't get what the forum admin was getting at.

    Basically.. be patient. Which seems to be failing for you right now.

  9. #9
    The patch has been out what, an hour or so? Give them a chance!

    Also, patches are free.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  10. #10
    Hum... excuse me... Am i the only one who is really really really disapointed by this "patch" ?
    Nothing new, exept an "invite to paty" button and so stuff to buy in store.
    Wtf ? Its more than one month i see each day "warband, new classes, blablabla, coming soon".
    Wow.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Predica
    Hum... excuse me... Am i the only one who is really really really disapointed by this "patch" ?
    Nothing new, exept an "invite to paty" button and so stuff to buy in store.
    Wtf ? Its more than one month i see each day "warband, new classes, blablabla, coming soon".
    Wow.
    It might be a little underwhelming, but from the top off my hat I can think of other changes:

    1. A countdown sound that played (and maybe bugged?) when re-spawning was removed.
    2. The "Invite to Party" button could be the new party system.
    3. The game feels smoother for me than before when playing on Valeholm. I think they did some optimization.
    4. The Sale for skills and abilities in the store seems to be switching finally. No more infinite feast / scavenger sale.
    5. I'm not sure what, but I feel they did something to the player models. Maybe it's just me.

    Remember that the patch can also be a preparation for the next one and can include backend framework for new mechanics that are not immediately visible.

  12. #12
    Hmm... What I see so far.

    Executions available to buy from store.
    Warbow draw damage down to 400. (I think it was previously 475)
    Loadouts can be named. Still only 2.

  13. #13
    hum...New party systeme ? lol.
    A sound wow amazing.
    Smoother ? I have the same fps drop on the same map as before.
    Somethinf hiden ? Ok so dev tell us what ? and why do we have to wait so much time to have this kind of patch...

  14. #14
    Whip reduced to 200 from 250, feels like longer cast animation as well.

  15. #15
    Poison Bola now has the same damage threshold as regular bola, still 20s cooldown.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    2,091
    Warbow was already at 400 damage. The sales have changed in the store. There was an interface change in the armory for equipping of the new executions. Consequently, each execution has been made an item. Whip changes. And I definitely noticed smoother animation, across all maps.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    Poison Bola now has the same damage threshold as regular bola, still 20s cooldown.
    The regular Bola has a longer duration (3.3 compared to 2.8 of Poison Bola), but they already had the same damage thresholds, so nothing was changed at all with them this patch.

  18. #18
    Wow, lots of insightful comments here. "Patch Notes were not up in time, you suck!" said the expert game developer. This is a game in closed beta, I would imagine that they don't have the budget as say a Riot, Hi-Rez, or EA to be ramping up new features and adding stuff. At least not yet. Be patient. It's coming along. If you can't stay objective, don't bother adding your two cents.

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by DirtyDSlater
    Wow, lots of insightful comments here. "Patch Notes were not up in time, you suck!" said the expert game developer. This is a game in closed beta, I would imagine that they don't have the budget as say a Riot, Hi-Rez, or EA to be ramping up new features and adding stuff. At least not yet. Be patient. It's coming along. If you can't stay objective, don't bother adding your two cents.
    Honestly though, the OP has a point. Releasing a patch without patch notes is ridiculous. He was just letting the devs know his opinions.

    You are right about something, though. The game is in closed beta. As such we are expected to provide feedback (which is exactly what the OP did). The devs are paid to be able to handle a little rage here and there. They know that when the community gets mad at them it is because the players are extremely invested in the game, and care about its future. Harsh words are going to be directed towards them. That's just the way things are going to go because they want feedback from anonymous sources. They should learn to love the harsh/critical feedback, because underneath the whining and complaining there tends to be some very legitimate advice/concerns/ideas.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 17th Sep 2014 at 23:51.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by BR0sephStalin

    Honestly though, the OP has a point. Releasing a patch without patch notes is ridiculous. He was just letting the devs know his opinions.

    You are right about something, though. The game is in closed beta. As such we are expected to provide feedback (which is exactly what the OP did). The devs are paid to be able to handle a little rage here and there. They know that when the community gets mad at them it is because the players are extremely invested in the game, and care about its future. Harsh words are going to be directed towards them. That's just the way things are going to go because they want feedback from anonymous sources. They should learn to love the harsh/critical feedback, because underneath the whining and complaining there tends to be some very legitimate advice/concerns/ideas.
    Is one hour really that long to wait for patch notes? Seriously?
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 17th Sep 2014 at 23:51.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Tags for this Thread