Thread: Questions about tiered leaver penalty

Questions about tiered leaver penalty

Questions about tiered leaver penalty

One of the oldest and annoying Nosgoth troubles: leavers has finally got some push to decrease. I think, new penalty system is a little bit harsh, but still better than nothnig.

Nevertheless, this rules is not clear enough, so I'd like to hear a little bit more info, desirable officially:
    - 20 hours doesn't seem like very good comparsion with 7 games (same thing with 7 days/21 games). Maybe it means something else?
    - "Level 2: Bonus pool disabled". Forever? Till current season end? Month/week/day?
    - "Level 3-5: Can't participate in ranked". Forever? Till current season end? Month/week/day?
    - "Level 5: No drops or rewards of any kind". So, no drop, gold, XP at all? And again: forever? For a month/week/day?

Thanks for your attention. In my opinion, such important feature should be maximally clarified to avoid any frustrations or misunderstandings.

For me this thing of penality is a .
    First of all because you will gain penality EVEN if the game crash or steam go down for some reason (today in Deathmatch I don't know why all the players start to walk randomly and I cannot damage them, like when the connection go down (but the connection dosn't go down), so I was forced to leave the game, but when I back to the main menu said to me "Steam is not connected" or something similar, so I was forced to close the game, and when I reopened I was banned.
    REALLY? I WAS BANNED FOR A THING THAT IS NOT MY FAULT BUT YOURS???!!
    Damn this is a crap!
    And I only do Deathmatch, I don't want to know what happen if I do the league (for now I don't play in legaue because I don't interested, I play only when there is something interesting thing, like the skins)

And after this, I don't really understand the rules. Ok, I'm italian and I'm not very good with english, but what mean "Running abandonment averege for 20 hours or 7 games is over 20%", what this mean? I don' understand... why you don't do a italian localiztion?

Since I have a 2h ban for leaving 1 match today after steam crashed I have enough time now to write you my oppinion about this great idea of yours and what it will have for an impact on me.

When I get thrown into a running match where the it stands 2:18 I will no longer leave but run in a circle firing my arms like a madman to speed things a little bit up... don´t know if this is what you wanted me to do but this is exactly what I will do because I am forced to stay.

A better solution for this might be to just ask before you throw someone into a running unbalanced match and perhaps grant him extra XP if he really wants to join it. Then you only have people in this match who are motivated to even join a loosing match and somebody like me who wants to play new matches only isn´t forced to leave.

I can hear the crying about all the players that will do nothing/running around/hiding or doing other crazy stuff to demonstrate against this new rule.

You will never get the results you want to have with bannings for leaving an unbalanced match, only with something that motivates you for staying and figthing in this match.

Originally Posted by Bloodcow
    Since I have a 2h ban for leaving 1 match today after steam crashed I have enough time now to write you my oppinion about this great idea of yours and what it will have for an impact on me.

When I get thrown into a running match where the it stands 2:18 I will no longer leave but run in a circle firing my arms like a madman to speed things a little bit up... don´t know if this is what you wanted me to do but this is exactly what I will do because I am forced to stay.

A better solution for this might be to just ask before you throw someone into a running unbalanced match and perhaps grant him extra XP if he really wants to join it. Then you only have people in this match who are motivated to even join a loosing match and somebody like me who wants to play new matches only isn´t forced to leave.

I can hear the crying about all the players that will do nothing/running around/hiding or doing other crazy stuff to demonstrate against this new rule.

You will never get the results you want to have with bannings for leaving an unbalanced match, only with something that motivates you for staying and figthing in this match.
    I completly agree with you.
    But the thing I found most ridiculus is the BAN NOW, the game is still instable, the game can crash and you can be punished when is NOT your fault. Other thing is the "RECONNECT" option. Is COMPLETALY useless, because when you try o reconnect the game say "you cannot join, the team is full" so you get banned and you cannot do nothing.

FIRST you must correct ALL this bugs, and only THEN you can apply the ban.

For the join the already started match, why you don't do something like, a message like this:

This match is started 12 minutes ago, your potential team have 14 points, and the enemy team have 29 points.
    Do you want join in this game?

-YES -NO

is so diffucult make something like this?

I can't necessarily do much about the rest of the post other than assure you that the issues regarding leaving penalties are being discussed. I can however pretty much guarantee that a 2h ban for leaving one match is going to be the UI bug mentioned in the patch notes. You won't have actually had a 2h ban - more likely ten minutes - but there is an error in the times displayed: It should let you back in after 10 mins.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 12th Sep 2015 at 00:40.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    I can't necessarily do much about the rest of the post other than assure you that the issues regarding leaving penalties are beig discussed. I can however pretty much guarantee that a 2h ban for leaving one match is going to be the UI bug mentioned in the patch notes. You won't have actually had a 2h ban - more likely ten minutes - but there is an error in the times displayed: It should let you back in after 10 mins.
    The main problem is the people is banned because the game CRASH and not beause they leave the game, and you cannot recconect because another player already take your place.
    Before introduces this penalities you must be SURE, all this problems are solved, at least if the game crashed don't be banned, because is NOT player's fault.

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    The main problem is the people is banned because the game CRASH and not beause they leave the game, and you cannot recconect because another player already take your place.
    Before introduces this penalities you must be SURE, all this problems are solved, at least if the game crashed don't be banned, because is NOT player's fault.
    Yes, I'm afraid that as I said in the previous quote, I'm not really in a position currently to speak on behalf of the developers so I can't personally respond to the critiques in this thread. I just advised on where i could see an issue that could be solved quickly. I'm sure that those who are in the appropriate position will certainly be reading through, assessing how the leaver penalties work and taking your opinion into consideration.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 12th Sep 2015 at 01:07.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

And also, I think there should be a way to disable all those penaltys for people leaving the match with not full team at thier side. If not, players are just forced to play 3x4 till the very end. What the fun of it for those 3 ? While leagues are now available at any time ( and tdm) there tonns of situations when not full team doesn't get 4th player , just because there is not much players at all, at this time.

I was in this situatuion, so a rather left that match getting penalty, then being gang for about 20 minutes.

So the first they need to do is to disable penalty for this situations. And at second, to put into operation some bench system for 3x4 cases.

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    And after this, I don't really understand the rules. Ok, I'm italian and I'm not very good with english, but what mean "Running abandonment averege for 20 hours or 7 games is over 20%", what this mean? I don' understand... why you don't do a italian localiztion?
    It means they take the average times you have left during the last 20 hours and check if this is over 20%. They also take the average times you left during you last 7 games and check if this is over 20% (which will be if you left 2 games or more of your last 7 games). I guess they then use the highest percentage of the two to determine at what leaver level you are.

Deal with it, if you have been leaving games in a row you deserve te penalty, its not harsh, just dont do it, youll be fine.
    In other games like csgo the penalty is 7 days it seems way worste.

Seriously, you can't have these kinds of penalties until the game runs properly. It doesn't. You have to revert them to the 3 minute ban & minus 4 league points or whatever it was before.

I got the 'downloading armory' window that doesn't go away then I got kicked to the home screen with no reconnect option. I closed reopened Nosgoth & reconnect was there but the match was full so I was still blocked for 10 minutes.

These penalties are not feasible at the moment. Implement them just before release but not now while the game is in the state that it is.
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

Originally Posted by wortelriandu
    Deal with it, if you have been leaving games in a row you deserve te penalty, its not harsh, just dont do it, youll be fine.
    In other games like csgo the penalty is 7 days it seems way worste.
    Deal with it that many people who would have left an unbalanced match and be replaced won´t leave now and won´t play in the match anymore... Don´t think that either side will have more fun now after these restrictions

Deal with it that many people who would have left an unbalanced match and be replaced won´t leave now and won´t play in the match anymore... Don´t think that either side will have more fun now after these restrictions
    * wake up people.

anyway i dont see at all a decrease in leavers, this ranked is plagued even more of "normal" from leavers, almost 50% of my match had 1 or more leavers.