Thread: Final Fantasy VIII - Steam Edition Music

Final Fantasy VIII - Steam Edition Music

Hey everyone

I just made contact with a Square Enix official, who informed me that to best aid our efforts in fixing the music, we need to create a forum thread about it. All you have to do is post here as to why you want the music back.

So your post would look like this

Yes I want the music back to the PS1 version because the quality is so much better, and I believe the game will sell more on Steam if it was fixed.

So Everyone who is interested make your posts here and lets get the feedback we need to Square Enix

I will add names to this thread as I see them pop up on the forum.

As it stands
    Veteran46
    HeartOfLion
    Sora9669
    qlddmypeizhi
    Last edited by Veteran46; 21st Sep 2014 at 05:28.

Count on me.

You have been added my friend

One of the many issues they need to fix with their various digital titles. Please fix it.
    Motomu Toriyama's biggest fan

So many people want to scrap the midi version in favor of the original version and so few to sign the petition?

I find this lack of faith in the power of the petition… disturbing.

Originally Posted by Veteran46
    Hey everyone

I just made contact with a Square Enix official, who informed me that to best aid our efforts in fixing the music, we need to create a forum thread about it. All you have to do is post here as to why you want the music back.

So your post would look like this

Yes I want the music back to the PS1 version because the quality is so much better, and I believe the game will sell more on Steam if it was fixed.

So Everyone who is interested make your posts here and lets get the feedback we need to Square Enix

I will add names to this thread as I see them pop up on the forum.

As it stands
    Veteran46
    HeartOfLion
    If it's "Petition", some people have already done it on forum Steam and the number of people petitioned has been up to 393
    http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/ff8music
    but SE has turned a blind eye to it all along. Besides, all who sent email has received a kind of system auto reply of completely same content:
    Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We appreciate your feedback. It will be forwarded to my superiors. Thank you for taking the time to contact us today and we look forward to your opinions of our upcoming titles.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
    and no further information......

You have to do it here, that is why I posted it. Square Enix ignores third-party sites

But as you've also seen it that the visitors to this forum is very few, so if you want to collect petition signatures, you'd better collect it in forum Steam, or you can post in Steam telling everybody to visit this forum for petition signature.

Originally Posted by qlddmypeizhi
    or you can post in Steam telling everybody to visit this forum for petition signature.
    I think qlddmypeizhi is right, and this follows exactly Square modus operandi.

count me in too!

The mediocre music quality was the major complaint in all official reviews on the Steam Version. It is unworthy for the game.

They should include the original soundtrack of the PS1 version, which has much better sound quaility.

To whom this may concern,

I have long been a fan of the Final Fantasy games ever since

I was a little child. I loved the games for their great

story, characters and above all the soundtrack. Though it has

come to my attention that the Steam version of Final Fantasy

VIII still uses the MIDI soundtrack. This is just down right

unacceptable. When I think of Square Enix games, I believe

that I am getting the best possible quality. Instead, I get a

soundtrack that butchers the games atmosphere and pales in

comparison to the PS1 soundtrack which is much more superior.

I ask the developers to patch the MIDI soundtrack with the

PS1 one so that I can have faith that Square Enix provides

quality products, not sub-standard ones that will not be

purchased in future.

From,

DN4ngel23

If Square Enix can fix the music for Final Fantasy VII then I expect them to do the same for Final Fantasy VIII. Otherwise, they will receive no more money from me.

+!