Thread: The Modern Day Thief Reboot That Never Was

The Modern Day Thief Reboot That Never Was

The Modern Day Thief Reboot That Never Was

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...that-never-was

Thought I'd share this here despite this place being nigh deserted now.

I've been feeling very nostalgic about Thief recently... since the Thief 2014 buzz died down I've felt like I'm suspended in a kind of Thief Limbo, with no closure as to whether we've seen the last of Garrett or not, and at this point I can only keep my fingers crossed that 'no news is good news' when it comes to hearing any snippets about Thief's future from Eidos.

I need more games dammit!

I don't suppose any mods who have been keeping their ear to the ground have heard rumblings?

Nic Cantin stated last year that there are a lot of possibilities for a Thief sequel, so we may hear rumblings sometime after DX:MD is released. Fingers crossed.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I've not heard any rumblings about another Thief post launch. If there is another in development they're keeping it extremely hush-hush at the moment.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

I sincerely hope they'll do Thief 2... hopefully with the same protag and writer as in current version. I like it much better than original games. Just make sure to make music interesting and the plot not so boring as in original games.

Originally Posted by zwanzig_zwoelf
    I sincerely hope they'll do Thief 2... hopefully with the same protag and writer as in current version. I like it much better than original games. Just make sure to make music interesting and the plot not so boring as in original games.
    Whaaaat?...