Thread: Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

that's good, I hope it will invades PS Vita too.........

Originally Posted by ZHZ90

I hope for US & EU release.

If so, the Final Mix will not be in it

@Jlacey: The most NA/EU can do with the KH HD 1.5 game is translate it. They can't touch the game content. It should come over as the Final Mix version.

And if for some horrible reason S-E has the ability to touch in-game stuff and DOESN'T bring over the FM version, you think you've seen rage from Versus and Type-0 fans? Hohoho...This is something that would legitimately piss me off, and I've been pretty level headed in regards to the other games.

@Grimoire:

First: Whoa, were PS2 game resolutions really that small? :O

Second: Nah, I think his mouth was just in mid talk, that's why the shape is a little weird

Yes.

And: *points at his hairline, since that is the most obvious part*

Okay, I see what you mean. I still think it's more of a higher resolution/moment of time thing. Plus I couldn't imaine why'd they'd change his hairline xD

(then again it's 4:30 am over here and I still haven't gone to bed, so my eyes could be screwy, lol)

Disney Interactive: "A big title that hasn't been announced yet is coming next mid-year."

m.ign.com/articles/2012/09/25/report-kin...

Since it isn't Epic Mickey 2 and that's the only big franchise from DI we have only two possibilities: A new IP or KH 1.5. Let's hope.

On second note:

After discussing in neogaf someone said a very reasonable thing: In chronological therms BbS doesn't belong with KH 2.5, but, instead to a possible 0.5, together with BbS 2 or whatever Nomura is thinking to do with those scenes in the secret ending from BbS FM. We know that KH2 has way more content that KH1, and KH2 FM+ added a lot more. So it's possible that they will release a KH 2.5 with only KH2 FM+ and Re:Coded cutscenes. Maybe DDD cutscenes can be added there too, but I don't think this is to likely.

I really hope that that picture was just a bad one of Xemnas mid-speech. The improved graphics look nice, though.

I hope that KH 1.5 is the title they were refering to. If it's released early next year for Japan then it would make since for it to come to us (if we get it) around the middle the year since we get KH games about 4-5 months later than Japan.

Originally Posted by Vitor

After discussing in neogaf someone said a very reasonable thing: In chronological therms BbS doesn't belong with KH 2.5, but, instead to a possible 0.5, together with BbS 2 or whatever Nomura is thinking to do with those scenes in the secret ending from BbS FM. We know that KH2 has way more content that KH1, and KH2 FM+ added a lot more. So it's possible that they will release a KH 2.5 with only KH2 FM+ and Re:Coded cutscenes. Maybe DDD cutscenes can be added there too, but I don't think this is to likely.

I don't believe beside I think what SE is doing release the 1st 2 KH PS(Playstation) games in 1.5(KH1 FM & KH RECOM) then release the latest 2 KH PS games(KH2 FM+ & KH BBS FM) besides BBS was the last KH game on PS.

I know that BBS story was before KH1 but BBS also connects KH2 & DDD & will connect KH3. Btw KH2 FM+ includes Terra as boss battle.

Didn't someone mention that BbS volume.2 wasn't going through anymore? I swear I read something about that...

Honestly BBS would do better with KH2 because the ending to BBS ties in with Sora at the end of KH2. I don't want thre separate volumes. I just want two. One for KH1 & Re:COM with 358/2 Days cutscenes and another for KH2 & BBS with Coded cutscenes. 3D is too new of a game and too readily available to put into this collection. At most they would add cutscenes from DDD to the second collection instead of Coded (seeing how coded didn't do much for the series story in general).

Originally Posted by new_tradition

Didn't someone mention that BbS volume.2 wasn't going through anymore? I swear I read something about that...

Well, Nomura said that there's a story for a BbS2, but, for now, there isn't any plans to make a game for it. The thing is, making a BbS FM++ for PS3 isn't the same as making a game for this part of the story, but remaking a old one. There could be some semantic trick, it's not the first time for him to do something like this. But, who knows. One thing at a time, let's first wait for the KH 1.5 localization.

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja
    Honestly BBS would do better with KH2 because the ending to BBS ties in with Sora at the end of KH2. I don't want thre separate volumes. I just want two. One for KH1 & Re:COM with 358/2 Days cutscenes and another for KH2 & BBS with Coded cutscenes. 3D is too new of a game and too readily available to put into this collection. At most they would add cutscenes from DDD to the second collection instead of Coded (seeing how coded didn't do much for the series story in general).

Coded did a ton for the story, it explained why Mickey sent Sora that bottled message at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2

Originally Posted by Tsuko85

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

Coded did a ton for the story, it explained why Mickey sent Sora that bottled message at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2

That's the only thing the game did. That's the problem. A 30 hour long game that could be sumarized in a 3 minute cutscene. But it was the second most fun game from the gameplay stand point for me, almost as fun as CoM.

Anyways, a fan changed the japanese VO for the NA ones, enjoy:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUdLr-hK6Fg

See what we have to do Square? Please announce a western release soon. Thanks

I've been reading some comments about how there's possible licensing issues due to the Jungle Book? That sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Anyone know what might happen about it that could horribly impede a localization of this dream-come-true game? ;A;

EDIT: Yeah, my bad. I meant the Tarzan world, durr >.<

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

As the topic title implies, KH I.5 ReMix will now include reaction commands. According to the gameplay in the trailer, they will replace the fourth command box slot with a reaction command option, reducing it to three slots. All of Sora's special attacks like Ars Arcanum will now be executed in much the same manner as they were in KHIIFM (Limit Form). I personally see this as a good thing, but I know that some people don't like the reaction commands at all. What do you all think?

Originally Posted by new_tradition

I've been reading some comments about how there's possible licensing issues due to the Jungle Book? That sounds vaguely familiar, but I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Anyone know what might happen about it that could horribly impede a localization of this dream-come-true game? ;A;

First things first. You meant Deep Jungle (Tarzan's World) and not Jungle Book (Moogli's story). Second, this problem wouldn't exist if Disney didn't stoped Nomura's from using Jungle Book in the first Kingdom Hearts. But, no, they went and made him change to Tarzan because it was a character that NA audience were more found of. BS. They just wanted an English character instead of an Indian one. /rageoff

But let's move on. Tarzan is a creation of Edgar Rice Burroughs and, technically, should be public dominion by now. The same way Sherlock Holmes is. You can use it without paying anyone. If you look at the initial screen from KH's 1:

desmond.imageshack.us/Himg829/scaled.php...

(sorry for the bad quality, took it with my 3DS) you see Tarzan trademark is owned by ERB Inc. The thing is, they managed to use Tarzan as a trademark so they can still earn money for it, even if the character is already public dominion. You can see more about it in this sue case:

www.techdirt.com/articles/20120228/18543...

As far as I'm concerned it goes down to: If they want to re-release the game, Disney will have to pay ERB Inc. again, for using Tarzan trademark. I haven't heard of any discussion between Disney and ERB Inc. And, since is the same game, I don't think ERB will have any problem, as long as they earn money. That's how they are making a living, anyways.

The funny part about this is that Disney will probably follow this path in order to make sure people won't use Mickey Mouse as a public dominion.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but this problem first arose in KH Chain of Memories when Disney didn't want to pay ERB for using Tarzan again. That's why there was that awful 100 acre woods floor instead of Deep Jungle. Maybe Riku would have an thirteenth flour if DJ was in the game, but this part I'm not sure.

Well, people are calling it reaction commands because you activate it by pressing triangle. But that's not the actual definition or, at least, it isn't for me. Reaction comands are enemy-wise commands specific for some enemies/situations. The fact that you activate it by pressing triangle is irrelevant. You could activate it by pressing L3 or R3 and it would still be reaction commands. For KH 1.5 they did just like you said, Basho, removed the fourth slot and changed it to the triangle button. They didn't change any mechanics in game, just made the way you input the fourth command easier. Therefore I can't see why anyone would complain about it. Unless you actually enjoyed moving between commands. For me it was so horrible that I never used any of it.

Its not so much a reaction command as it is making it easier to activate those special commands. I remember being a pain to move to the forth slot to hit the special command in time to actually execute the attack. This simplifies things.

This is a good thing and will make the game much more enjoyable to play. Lets wait and see if they announce the game for NA before we start freaking out about it.

This has me worried. Not sure how accurate it is...

www.takuchat.com/kingdom-hearts-1-5-hd-r...

Either way, it makes me sad. But I guess it's not a surprise really. Even more reason to learn Japanese I say. >.>

Since it is a command that requires a timed reaction to activate is it not thus a reaction command? Just because they aren't exactly the same as they were in KHII doesn't change the fact that they're still technically reaction commands :P. Technically, all of Sora's limits in KHI were reaction commands anyway, just not of the pop-out green box kind they will be now that seems to get so much hate.

Well, Basho, you could look at it like you said. But, the thing is, calling it reaction commands or saying that "Hey look, they putted RC in KH 1" when they just changed how you use the fourth command is going far beyond. You see, RC is something that is strongly linked with KH II and people didn't like it because you could defeat some enemies but just pressing triangle. But, as far as I remember, in KH 1, in order to use almost every fourth command, you had to do something else first: finishing a combo, being at a certain distance from the enemy etc. Well, this is getting confusing. Let's make it simple:

They just changed how you use the fourth command. Therefore they didn't put anything in the game. Just look at it as:

KH 1 : Up + X to activate

KH 1.5: Triangle to activate

Reaction commands in KH II is kinda of the evolution of the fourth command in KH I. They didn't took some RC from KH II and inserted it in KH I, they just changed the way you use the fourth command.

But, my point is: You can call it whatever you want, but you can't complain saying "They putted RC in KH 1.5 and it broke the game." since everything was always there, they just made it easier to use. The same way they changed the camera in KH 1 FM.

Originally Posted by GaiaGuardian

This has me worried. Not sure how accurate it is...

www.takuchat.com/kingdom-hearts-1-5-hd-r...

Either way, it makes me sad. But I guess it's not a surprise really. Even more reason to learn Japanese I say. >.>

That changes nothing. They always handle things like this. It can be sumarized as "No comments." If they are going to release it here there will be a proper announcement, maybe at E3 2013. I will start to worry if the game releases in Japan and SE doesn't say anything about western localization.

Thank you for the info, Vitor! Hopefully there won't be too much beauracracy between the companies in regards to licensing. As you said, it went off without a hitch the first time-why not a second time?

And I also agree about the "only for Japan" comment. They said that about Birth by Sleep in Japan, and guess what game we got here in Sept. 2009? *_*

I found a site with screenshots and thought that some other people might like to see them. Warning: the site has a lot of adds.

www.examiner.com/slideshow/square-enix-o...

Page 3 of 23 First First 123456713 ... Last