Thread: Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

yeah... the 2.5 better come out for the 3 i'd hate for it to be on the PS4! ...give me at least the HD collections ! PLEASE Square!!!!

Originally Posted by EdwardKeyblader

yeah... the 2.5 better come out for the 3 i'd hate for it to be on the PS4! ...give me at least the HD collections ! PLEASE Square!!!!

Ah I know! It was soooooo hard for me to actually get out there and make the decision on buying the ps3! It would be a let down if 2.5 came out for the 4 because I know that I won't be getting that one until I've spent a couple of years with my ps3.

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

Originally Posted by Chrono Cross

Surely not all games will be available on Gaikai. It is not known which PS3 games will be playable through that service.

There are currently no games confirmed for the Gaikai service, because it is still being worked on. However, their goal is to eventually offer all previous Playstation console games for streaming. The only obstacle to this goal (once the service has been set up) will be porting the games, which will supposedly be ridiculously simple with the PS4's new architecture.

2 things I would like to say about that. The same thing was said about PSN once bw was removed from PS3 hardware. They were going to put all/majority of ps1 and ps2 in the PSN so you can repurchase them. Same thing was said for the PSP Go that had removed the umd. If memory serves me right Xbox360 did something similar for xbox, but it turned out to be a total mess. Besides, I'm getting tired of the whole repurchase of the exact same thing I own. Heck, I wish they were able to update all ps3 games that never implemented trophies and ps move support. One thing is for sure, BC won't be as easy as the ps2, nintendo's handhelds, and some of their consoles.

This one is off topic. Another thing I remember the gamindustri saying is how digital versions would be cheaper than disc copies. Some title releases are heavily proving that wrong...

@Leah, just go get a PS3, it is highly worth every dime. Right now it is king of exclusive software and is widely considered the more powerful machine of the big 3 (with PC rigs of course being most powerful). Not forgetting PS3 is at its' peak performance hardware wise and it might get another price drop ontop of the already cheap price. KH1.5 will be a PS3 game only. It hasn't and most likely will not be announced for vita or PS4. Since KH2.5 is still in development and we haven't heard actual word of it while PS4 is coming around the corner. It is safe to say it will be a toss up for kh2.5 to be on ps3 or ps4. I doubt they will release a ps3/ps4 at the same time like some other game companies do when a new machine comes out. SQ enix is just not known to do that sort of thing.

Originally Posted by AkeemCoffey

2 things I would like to say about that. The same thing was said about PSN once bw was removed from PS3 hardware. They were going to put all/majority of ps1 and ps2 in the PSN so you can repurchase them. Same thing was said for the PSP Go that had removed the umd. If memory serves me right Xbox360 did something similar for xbox, but it turned out to be a total mess. Besides, I'm getting tired of the whole repurchase of the exact same thing I own. Heck, I wish they were able to update all ps3 games that never implemented trophies and ps move support. One thing is for sure, BC won't be as easy as the ps2, nintendo's handhelds, and some of their consoles.

Actually, they said it's their goal to have every or at least most PS1/PS2 games available, but they also said it's up to each individual devloper/publisher to decide whether to make the effort. And when they announced the removal of UMD from PSP Go, they only said that they were working on a way for UMD users to be able to enjoy their games on the Go as well. Granted what they came up with wasn't the best solution, but they never did make any promises. Kinda suck, really.

Originally Posted by Chrono Cross

Surely not all games will be available on Gaikai. It is not known which PS3 games will be playable through that service.

There are currently no games confirmed for the Gaikai service, because it is still being worked on. However, their goal is to eventually offer all previous Playstation console games for streaming. The only obstacle to this goal (once the service has been set up) will be porting the games, which will supposedly be ridiculously simple with the PS4's new architecture.

This one is off topic. Another thing I remember the gamindustri saying is how digital versions would be cheaper than disc copies. Some title releases are heavily proving that wrong...

@Leah, just go get a PS3, it is highly worth every dime. Right now it is king of exclusive software and is widely considered the more powerful machine of the big 3 (with PC rigs of course being most powerful). Not forgetting PS3 is at its' peak performance hardware wise and it might get another price drop ontop of the already cheap price. KH1.5 will be a PS3 game only. It hasn't and most likely will not be announced for vita or PS4. Since KH2.5 is still in development and we haven't heard actual word of it while PS4 is coming around the corner. It is safe to say it will be a toss up for kh2.5 to be on ps3 or ps4. I doubt they will release a ps3/ps4 at the same time like some other game companies do when a new machine comes out. SQ enix is just not known to do that sort of thing.

Yeah I'm actually picking one up later this week so it's pretty much decided

ooooooowaaaah! Not to be too nosey, but what kind are you getting?

The other part of your post was already answered, although I would like to clarify that it is Gaikai that's said they hope to bring the full PS library for streaming on the PS4. Last time, Sony was saying they'd leave it in the hands of the individual developers. It sounds like this time around the Gaikai people might be handling the ports themselves, or at least helping in the creation of port kits to make it simple for a team to do so.

That said, about the above issue you mentioned its only logical that a game released in both digital and physical formats would work off of the more expensive of the two prices. If you could buy the digital copy for roughly $10-20 cheaper than the physical copy, the majority of physical sales would almost certainly decline. Re-releases of older games on the PSN are all much cheaper than their original releases, and in some cases are a lot cheaper than you'd find a physical copy for nowadays. This is pretty offtopic though like you said, so it's probably best to leave this by the wayside.

If you haven't made up your mind already OP, the PS3 is probably the way to go on this. If the life of the PS2 is any indication, the PS3 will see developer support for a while after the release of the PS4. Since the goal of the remixes was to get all of the games on the same platform in preperation for the continuation of the series, it seems likely any further games in this little line will be made for the PS3.
    EDIT: Ah, well then. Good for you, hope you're ready for the 1.5 mix this autumn!

The other part of your post was already answered, although I would like to clarify that it is Gaikai that's said they hope to bring the full PS library for streaming on the PS4. Last time, Sony was saying they'd leave it in the hands of the individual developers. It sounds like this time around the Gaikai people might be handling the ports themselves, or at least helping in the creation of port kits to make it simple for a team to do so.

That said, about the above issue you mentioned its only logical that a game released in both digital and physical formats would work off of the more expensive of the two prices. If you could buy the digital copy for roughly $10-20 cheaper than the physical copy, the majority of physical sales would almost certainly decline. Re-releases of older games on the PSN are all much cheaper than their original releases, and in some cases are a lot cheaper than you'd find a physical copy for nowadays. This is pretty offtopic though like you said, so it's probably best to leave this by the wayside.

If you haven't made up your mind already OP, the PS3 is probably the way to go on this. If the life of the PS2 is any indication, the PS3 will see developer support for a while after the release of the PS4. Since the goal of the remixes was to get all of the games on the same platform in preperation for the continuation of the series, it seems likely any further games in this little line will be made for the PS3.
    EDIT: Ah, well then. Good for you, hope you're ready for the 1.5 mix this autumn!
    Problem is, I wouldn't put it pass them if it didn't happen. Which time and time again it hasn't happened.

I think I'll get the Uncharted bundle maybe, I'm not too sure yet.

Originally Posted by imported_Leah

I think I'll get the Uncharted bundle maybe, I'm not too sure yet.

The Uncharted bundle edition of the PS3 looks very nice! I say go for it. I would also advise you to get a HDM1 cable for it, it usually comes with a AV video cable, but if you want the best graphics and quality as well as the best sound effects, then you may want to get a HDM1 cable for it too.

Aside from this upcoming KH 1.5 ReMix coming out for PS3, I've heard that the KH 2.5 will be out on PS3 as well, I hope so! I'm keping my fingers crossed for it, I would love to have both of these games on PS3!

I picked it up yesterday and I love it! Thanks Roxas2013 for suggesting the other cable the graphics I have right now aren't that great.

Congratulations on your new console. Yes, if you have a HDTV, then HDMI is the way to go. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun in the years to come.

Yeah I'm a bit under the weather at the moment but once I feel better I'll go and pick the cable up. Thanks everyone! I am quite happy with my new console!

I have bought all the Kingdom Hearts games and I really excited the they are doing this hd move. But when I saw final fantsy 10 hd go from ps3 and vita and the jack and dexter collection also go from ps3 to vita I said to my self why can't the Kindom Hearts 1.5 collection. It could play just as well as those game on the vita. And I would like to have Kindom Hearts on the go. Even thought I have dream drop distance and birth by sleep. Who would want these on there vita?

Eh, I'm not a fan of handhelds, but since it's a PlayStation handheld, I'd say it'd be neat to have it on both PS3 and PS Vita, but they already said it's a PS3 exclusive (Just like Birth by Sleep has "ONLY ON PSP" on its case), and it is unlikely that they'd change their minds after they've already released it in Japan.

It's a good idea, but let's not get our hopes up, it could happen (hope it does, being on PS Vita would mean MORE people playing it and it would increase the chances of the game being noticed as they play the game in a crowded area or a cafe and more people would get interested in it), or it won't, it's totally up to Square Enix

Square, what is taking so long?!?! Why do we not at least have a release date for this game in the US or Europe yet? The US Kingdom Hearts fanbase is being treated rather cruely, and anybody who has been following 1.5 since Day 1 is wondering the same exact thing- WHAT DAY WE GET IT! Seriously the game has been Finished and at the top of the charts in Japan for months now, and we know the English Dub was in progress at least half a year ago. And still you say that we have to wait until FALL?? It must be Complete by now; if not you guys are really slacking and need to pull it together. This is just rediculous, nobody wants to wait anymore. What's more is that the release dates are apparently earlier for Europe than the US. What the heck is up with that?! I'm not going to wait longer for the same version to come out in my country, I'm going to Import it! Any serious KH fan that hasn't already got the Japanese Version is going to take that approach because the wait is just far too long. If anything, Release it IN THE EARLY/MID SUMMER WORLDWIDE! Many people will have more money and time to Buy and Enjoy Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX during the Summer.

Originally Posted by Roxas2013

Eh, I'm not a fan of handhelds, but since it's a PlayStation handheld, I'd say it'd be neat to have it on both PS3 and PS Vita, but they already said it's a PS3 exclusive (Just like Birth by Sleep has "ONLY ON PSP" on its case), and it is unlikely that they'd change their minds after they've already released it in Japan.

It's a good idea, but let's not get our hopes up, it could happen (hope it does, being on PS Vita would mean MORE people playing it and it would increase the chances of the game being noticed as they play the game in a crowded area or a cafe and more people would get interested in it), or it won't, it's totally up to Square Enix

I don't think it's coming to the Vita for the same reasons it's not coming to Xbox. It would take too much time and money (mostly time) to port it to another system already, and Nomura and team have a deadline to meet (same reason 358/days wasn't fully remade). They could port it after they've finished with their other work, but the Vita isn't really that popular anyway. Like you said, it's be a good idea, but unlikely to happen.

i think they shud put Lea's and Kairi's mark or mastery test in possibly the nintendo worlds looking for Ventus and Aqua on the vita cuz thatll be sweet

Is there any way that the kingdom hearts 1.5 remix will be avalaibe for the ps4. And I mean a disc based game not its on ps3 and you can use gaikai. Can this happen and if it can what do I need to do to support this?

Good job everyone...

I am wondering the same thing. I plan to buy a PS4, but I don't have a PS3. I heard about Gaikai but I'm still not sure what it is or how it works. If anyone knows can they please help out? (:

I've been a KH fan since the day it released in the United States, and I'd hate to be unable to play the HD remakes because I don't have the funds to buy both a PS3 and PS4.

Thanks in advance!

Even though, by the well of God, I am most likely be getting 1.5 & 2.5(Hope it'll be announced soon) for PS3 but it'dbe great to see them on PS4 as well.

Ah! I seriously cannot wait to pre order this!!!! I am like just ah omg I can't even express how excited I am for this art book thing and I mean the game itself! The only thing I'm kinda dissappointed about is KH3 coming out exclusively on ps4 and xbox one. I bought a ps3 specifically for the KH 1.5 HD Remix and then they go and throw the ps4 at us... I also have an xbox 360 which I really don't plan on replacing. But regardless, I'm super stoked and I've been watching walkthroughs all day!

That would be nice... I just recently bought a ps3 just for the release of 1.5 so I won't be purchasing a ps4 anytime soon.

This thread belongs in the [Product Discussion] forum.

Page 22 of 23 First First ... 12181920212223 Last