Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: User Level: Create a New Point System

User Level: Create a New Point System

The only small issue I have with achievements and awards based on post count/logins is that it would be super easy to abuse. I try not to be super snobby about other members' behaviours, but the amount spammy posts on the site, double sometimes triple consecutive posts in a thread by a member (within the day), and the slew of off-topic posting in threads that have nothing to do with the topic at hand is inumerable. I think it would be really unfair for people to be rewarded for crummy forum etiquette.

Of course I think there's only a few devoted mods/admins for the site, and mostly it's just Gravity alone reminding people about rules, but that hasn't really stopped anything. And from what I can tell, it won't stop any time soon, so restricting that would be moot. But back to my point, I don't think regular forum activity should be rewarded, or if it was, it should be a very miniscule amount to avoid abuse. Maybe every 20 logins equals a single point-something not worth the hassle to abuse, but can still add up naturally to be lucrative for the year end reward.

Otherwise, I like most of the other suggestions. I know people (myself included) would like to have points rewarded from buying digital titles, so if there's a way to bring that into reality, that would be great.

Maybe have more site-run contests or something on a bi-weekly/monthly basis...I know people don't want to bother entering unless they know there's a tangible prize to be won, but participation points are hard to pass up, I think ;D

Take a look at this post : na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349...

Originally Posted by jlacey

Take a look at this post : na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349...

Yeah I would add that in. That seems fair enough.

What user groups do exist and how do they affect my forum usage?

Page 2 of 2 First First 12