Thread: Bloodlust, Enrage and Berserker question

Bloodlust, Enrage and Berserker question

Bloodlust, Enrage and Berserker question

Hey guys,
    so today bloodlust was the free perk and I decided to try it out. Playing mostly reaver and sentinel, I got great results and it felt like finally a perk that impacts your gameplay. Since the undying wisdom/quick wits perk nerf, they felt very lackluster.
    Now I haven't notice too big of an impact on assists. Can someone confirm or denie if bloodlust does give you its effect on assists?

Also the 'enrage' ability text seems kinda misleading. I read at some point in the forum and from my ingame experience I am convinced, that it increases ability damage in addition to melee damage.But the description only states an increase to melee damage ingame.

Also what about the berserker perk? Does it apply on melee hits only? Or also on abilities?

Thx for your answers guys!

I believe Bloodlust and Berserker only increase Melee Damage (normal and charged). Enrage increases all forms of damage though; Melee, Ability, and even Fall Damage.

Originally Posted by MasterZtark
    I believe Bloodlust and Berserker only increase Melee Damage (normal and charged). Enrage increases all forms of damage though; Melee, Ability, and even Fall Damage.
    Wait, what? Since when does Bloodlust increase melee damage? I only notice an increase to attack speed and maybe movement speed.
    The Enrage damage increase seems to affect everything indeed, if not then I wonder why tyrants always charge or jump while enrage is activated.

Would be nice to get some information about the 'bloodlust perk on assist' topic.

Ack, good catch. You're right, Bloodlust is just melee speed and movement speed.

Bloodlust is my favorite Deceiver perk.

It adds up a 15% attack and movement speed per kill, and if you happen to double kill humans might as well kill themselves as it seems to be adding up. If you happen to double kill some humans you literally go berserk and your DPS goes through the roof.

As a Sentinel I will also use Bloodlust from time to time, for example if I kill someone I abducted / air striked, I will land close to another human, and start meleeing them with puncture / wing flap, and then gain another kill or two with the attack speed boost.

But really, it's ideal for cleanup jobs, reaver / deceiver benefits the most of it. You kill one and then you can make them pay.

A tyrant with enrage will also benefit a lot from it, although I don't really play a tyrant like that.
    Last edited by Whoopdidoohah; 26th Aug 2014 at 17:48.

Hey guys, great topic.

Wanted to throw a couple of questions at you, as I was wondering.

The first one is just to confirm something. My understanding is that perks and bonuses from uncommon (green/blue) weapons stack.
    That being said, the logic dictates that [Bloodlust] should combine with a [+5% movement speed +5% attack speed for 5 sec on kill] bonus that vampires can get on their special abilities. Is that correct?

Just wanted some confirmation, as this is a theory behind my Deceiver build. I just love the idea of having an *almost* Reaver's [Haste] as a passive on-kill bonus.

The second question is to you Whoopdidoohah. In your post you have mentioned that [Bloodlust] adds up on kills. I haven't tested the perk to that extend, but I have always assumed that killing another opponent while under the effect of [Bloodlust] will only refresh the bonus, not add up to it.

If it does add up, do you know by any chance how the mechanics work? Here are some scenarios:

A Vampire kills a human and gets [Bloodlust]. 3 seconds later that Vampire, while still being under the effect of the perk, kills another target. Does he:
    - [A] get +30% to attack/movement speed for a refreshed duration of 5 sec?
    - [B] get 15% for 3 seconds and then get extra 15% for the last 2 seconds added to the bonus from the first kill (a total peak of 30%), and then continue having 15% from the second kill until the effect expires? Sorry, I know it seems really confusing but I hope you get what I mean.

You see, I always took it for granted thinking it just refreshes and doesn't add up, but if it does I really want to get some more information on the mechanics of the perk and how it refreshes/accumulates.

Nice thought process Konf, good to see that other people are putting a lot of effort into those kind of details
    Personally I haven't seen any information about whether and or how stacking applies in this game.

It would be really nice to get one of the developers on this topic, because we can only do so much with ingame testing.
    hello dev?

Originally Posted by -Konf-
    The second question is to you Whoopdidoohah. In your post you have mentioned that [Bloodlust] adds up on kills. I haven't tested the perk to that extend, but I have always assumed that killing another opponent while under the effect of [Bloodlust] will only refresh the bonus, not add up to it.

If it does add up, do you know by any chance how the mechanics work? Here are some scenarios:

A Vampire kills a human and gets [Bloodlust]. 3 seconds later that Vampire, while still being under the effect of the perk, kills another target. Does he:
    - [A] get +30% to attack/movement speed for a refreshed duration of 5 sec?
    - [B] get 15% for 3 seconds and then get extra 15% for the last 2 seconds added to the bonus from the first kill (a total peak of 30%), and then continue having 15% from the second kill until the effect expires? Sorry, I know it seems really confusing but I hope you get what I mean.

You see, I always took it for granted thinking it just refreshes and doesn't add up, but if it does I really want to get some more information on the mechanics of the perk and how it refreshes/accumulates.
    See I'm also asking this myself, but to some extent it's very hard to know, would need to record some game and analyse the data, and keep swinging / moving after you kill someone, but I strongly believe they stack, as I have trouble aiming hits after a double / triple kill, because they are that much faster.

It's more likely to be situation B though. It dosent last very long anyways so if you don't double / triple kill you won't see it add up.

So I just had a Sentinel game and after a double I kept swinging to gauge the attack speed. Boy oh boy was that fast after the double kill, about as fast as a sentinel with haste.It felt like a good 30%, since the base sentinel attack speed is slower than a reavers.
    Still needs more testing but this situation convinced me, that it does stack.
    Would love to read about your tests aswell!