Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Twitch podcast: State of Nosgoth

Twitch podcast: State of Nosgoth

Originally Posted by hirukaru
    I slightly edited the video, next video's wont have edits on them though. (One discussion part has been removed)
    I hope not the one I missed :P

Feedback, as promised:
    1) Way... W A A A A Y too long. But you already knew that.
    2) If NG starts talking about Borderlands for half an hour, I am out :P
    3) Streamline the conversation more. The free discussion format is fine, if the guests are up for it, but I feel like you could have really "moderated" a lot more than you did. Some discussions ran too long and somewhat off the tracks because of that, I feel.
    4) Guests were ok. Some more talkative than others, some still asleep for half the podcast ^^
    -- It could be in your interest, to have "regular guests". With more practice people will be able to talk more freely and 'on the spot', so instead of having 5 guests that need direction, you can have 2-3 others that can take over the conversation and keep it going when the guest is drawing a blank, going off topic or just can't seem to bring his/her point to an end.
    5) ART FEEDBACK:
    Like I already said on Stream chat:
    If you have problems with cropping the Video boxes, maybe try this:
    At the moment you have a background screen, individually placed frames and the video chat boxes.
    Maybe create just one screen with the frames drawn onto it. The insides are invisible, so you can just place the Skype videos behind the screen, and if some parts of the video feed get cut off that way it wont matter, as long as the face is centred.

Da Wolv,

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. Good to have such active community members in Nosgoth. Lets give some comments to them.

1) I agree, 2 hours and 50 minutes as it was, was way to long, reason I already cut out one discussion that was not really necessary. 2) Yeah Borderlands, lots of Borderlands, however there were some good examples, but maybe it went on for too long. Aka getting to the point faster is an aim, but it takes time to get moderating skills up to date with a live audience. A good and better worked out agenda might help with this.
    3) As stated in point 2, a better agenda will help me with this for sure. I think having 3 subjects plus Q/A is more than enough. (Depending on the subjects).
    4) I agree having a regular guest or I think maybe one co-host that stays for a longer period of time and two guests that do change a would be better.
    5) Yeah, I already handled this Add me on skype and I can show you what I got right now. Less technical issues for the win. Doing it however all on a single laptop monitor is sometimes still difficult but it is a challenge and I will not skip out on a challenge.

Thanks again. and if you want I can sent my skype and we can talk via that medium also.

Yeah..mostly what wolv is saying.

First of all, woow I missed that.
    I was checking this thread yesterday shortly, but I still thought this will be sometime in the future.
    So, here we go with some feedback.

-avertise this more: there are just small forum threads or one announcement on the main page of the website whenever a stream is coming up.
    That´s not enough.
    I think, if it isn´t a big thing, I would suggest to advertise for this ingame.
    The main page ingame, where you see the new deceiver skill every day...and the 3 other tabs there.
    It would be great if that could be changed to maybe 6 or more tabs.
    And the first 2-3 of them, are used to announce things in the future.
    There do not have to be great pictures if so, just make a standart picture for streams, and always change the written.
    Also they could make a esl banner/picture there, with the times, when the play...and just lead them to the twitch nosgoth section...
    another thing..if possible.. would be, they could have a tab there, with a forwarding to a poll that you keep up for like one week, where like only players with 100h get asked/get this forwarding. So if you guys are not sure about a decision, you could always see what the majority of your active players are thinking..and then post results to the forum.
    stuff like that, but back to topic.

-length: well it´s hard to say if I think it´s too long or not, it is early in the morning here, so I kinda just jumped through it, because i don´t feel like checking a 2 1/2 h recording, which is a week old.
    But if it only happens once a month, it is nice to have a longer discussion.
    Maybe you should just take 5 min breaks..and later you cut the video to parts.
    The length should be open, depending on what you guys wanna talk about and how much time the guests and you are willing the invest that day.

guests/description- I am not sure if it is good or possible to have fixed guests. You will get better at this over time... and yes you have to up your moderating skills a bit. Like guests having time to talk and jump between them a bit more asking them questions about the topic. Maybe there should be just a few fixed spots for every stream, like one esl-player, one from psyonix side, one whatever..nerd or something.^^
    Also I don´t like the description for everyone. It´s fine that you put in some self-advertise, but that also could be mentioned at a side note, or if enough space, go with 3 lines. The third (better second) will say what you are... and if it´s just "gamer" , "esl-team dead-pants" (jk boyz) , "community manager" and so on.

-topics... yeah, bring up clear topics to talk about, and even better would be to have two of them already in the main screen when you advertise for the next podcast ingame. Two that are really actual atm... like "league issues".
    Make sure that your guests can stay calm and it should be fine.
    Also it should be possible to bring in screenshots or shorts videos about most topics, to make the whole stream a bit more interesting for the eyes.

-windows... I don´t like empty windows to much, idk if it is right to say, that all should show their face there. But a picture that kinda is representing you would be a start. -The rest has already been said.
    Last edited by Endsequenz; 7th Oct 2015 at 14:02. Reason: added an idea

I'm most of the way through the VoD and thoroughly enjoying it. Having guests with such an abundant wealth of knowledge makes the show a compelling experience for anyone who really wants to learn more about the game.

Keep up the good work guys, I'm looking forward to the next show .
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Endsequenz

Hey Endsequenz

I would recommend if you want to get updates about the podcast to follow me on twitter. (twitter.com/hirukaru) Or in twitter look for #state_of_Nosgoth on twitter to get the updates on it.

We do have support from Square at this point see below , however in game advertising via boxes might not be possible just yet. It is a community stream seperate from Square Enix or Psyonix. However We try to work together with Square to retweet when the podcasts is. This first one was hard to coordinate due to timezones, but as we are going to 4 people from now on instead of 6 that we had only for the kick off it is easier to coordinate.

We got a totally new layout for the next stream, which will show the topics that will be discussed. Also these will be announced once we set a date for the next podcast. The aim is once a month, however significant updates need to be rolled out or important information to make this possible.
    If there is a really big update a real game changer so to say, we try to get a podcast going within a week of that update. So the people have formed their initial opinions and can discuss those. It would of course be better if updates get announced way before, and then we can discuss how this might impact the game.

The new layout of how the podcast will be will be as followed.
    X amount of topics (Probably 3-4 depending on the size)
    and then ending with a clear Q/A with the community, where they can sent in questions during the topics but also during the Q/A session it self. This will give a better order in the system instead of us having to look at the chat constantly. (Most likely a specific highlight like question: will be used to highlight the questions to make them more visible for us.

Lets move on to your feedback about the guests.
    Fixed guests are a pain in my opinion, however having 1 hosts, 1 co host and two flexible guest spots is common within podcasts, and this will increase the moderating and streamlining of the cast in my opinion.
    I think if we fix spots for certain people (ESL player, psyonix/Square (Which won't show up yet but later they probably willing to join in for a Q/A session). where I think picking people who just like to talk and share their experiences and thoughts is the most important.

Lets jump to the topics section. The new steam layout, will have a clear outline of what topics is going to be discussed also from now on these will be posted within the twitter and here in this thread. This to make it clear for the people who are joining and so the chat can already have pre prepared questions for the guests.

Windows, well empty windows happen, especially if people have to leave due to reasons. Also empty windows if someone is not there.
    However we will find a solution to fix the empty window by having a seperate overlay for that in the near future.

Let me now thank you for your feedback and pretty long post. These are all awesome and I hope there will be a lot more promoting for this podcast of course.
    Hope to see you in the chat next podcast.

Cheers

Hiru

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    I'm most of the way through the VoD and thoroughly enjoying it. Having guests with such an abundant wealth of knowledge makes the show a compelling experience for anyone who really wants to learn more about the game.

Keep up the good work guys, I'm looking forward to the next show .
    Ola Chris,

Good to hear you enjoy it, it might be a good thing to see if we can arrange a time that the people are square think is good for both EU and US.

Currently we are slowly organizing the next show, we got one guests at this moment and one topic namely ESL, with some sub topics related to this.
    Most like league's and the major changing going to happen to a certain game mode.

Cheers talk to you soon.

Typically some time between 7 and 11PM GMT will give you the best opportunity to get the largest live audience. If you're streaming on a weekend, you would probably want to shift that timeframe a couple of hours earlier.

With a collaborative project like this however, guest availability is of course going to be the driving factor .
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

I liked the video, but I do have a couple of things to suggest.

If the guests are different every time then perhaps there can be a set of questions that all guests get to answer, like with the community spotlight.

FOR EXAMPLE
    Introduction and Background Section
    *When did you get started in Nosgoth and what brought you to it?
    *What is that keeps you coming back to Nosgoth?

(Then the topics at hand)
    Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

Closing Section
    *What are you most excited for in the future?
    *What do you hope will become of Nosgoth?

It might also be good to give the guests the questions that will be asked some time before hand, so they can have their answers ready and there won't be as many moments of silence while they figure out what to say.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I liked the video, but I do have a couple of things to suggest.

If the guests are different every time then perhaps there can be a set of questions that all guests get to answer, like with the community spotlight.

FOR EXAMPLE

Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

Closing Section

It might also be good to give the guests the questions that will be asked some time before hand, so they can have their answers ready and there won't be as many moments of silence while they figure out what to say.
    Thanks for the feedback,
    I like the set up of this for sure.

Pre-"show" - Just some jibber jabber

Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

Closing Section
    *Q/A with viewers

I just need 2 more topics for the next show.
    one of them is ESL related, a possibility is a full ESL dedicated episode also, but don't think that will be fun just yet, as ESL - Nosgoth is still taking baby steps.

Looking for at least one more guest and possible 2.
    Got 1 for episode 2 atm.

Hiru, I wouldn't mind lending my expertise and background in gaming to the show. Hit me up when you get a chance sir.
    cpy_

Originally Posted by ceppy_
    Hiru, I wouldn't mind lending my expertise and background in gaming to the show. Hit me up when you get a chance sir.
    cpy_
    Sent me a Private message either here, on twitter or on twitch. With your skype name.
    I am currently traveling for the upcoming week.

But I am currently indeed looking for a few people who want to join in.

(Edit: I have send you a message)

----------------------------------
    Other info:

It has been a while since I last posted here.
    Been very busy with my own personal life aka University. But I have been working on Episode two for sure.

I am currently looking for a co-host who is willing to help me with organizing this show (Thus also being present on the show each time)

Let me know if you are interested.

The next show will be in the spotlight of ESL, ESL tactics etc. and we will discuss shortly the recent patch changes. If you got a great topic let me know.

No date yet for the next cast as I really need a co-host
    Last edited by hirukaru; 5th Nov 2015 at 21:17.

Small update

State of Nosgoth found its co-host.
    The co-host is MasterFurbz, he already made his first post about the State of Nosgoth Episode 2 (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=183027).

If you want to be kept up to date be sure to follow Masterfurbz (Twitter.com/masterfurbz) and me (twitter.com/Hirukaru).
    or keep an eye out for forum and reddit posts about the state of Nosgoth.

Thanks all for the support and see you soon during Episode 2.

I just have to bump this up again guys .

We wanted to do the podcast previous week already, however it was impossible for us to find a guest that could fill the open spot.

We are still looking for people that play within ESL or an ESL admin to participate in the podcast.
    I messages ESLNosgoth, however no reply so far. Will keep asking them in the upcoming week.
    If it is impossible to have random guests each episode, we might have to resolve to go and have reoccurring guests.

Also if you the community have any particular topics you want us to discuss or look into let us know.

I'm hoping this is a podcast of all of you just sitting around a circle table fixing your game
    Last edited by Bazielim; 10th Dec 2015 at 17:34.

Originally Posted by Numeta
    II'm hoping this is a podcast of all of you just sitting around a circle table fixing your game
    This is a community podcast, not a dev podcast.
    If we could fix stuff (and get paid for it) we would..
    Last edited by Bazielim; 10th Dec 2015 at 17:34.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12