Thread: Help with Kidnap

Help with Kidnap

Help with Kidnap

I just unlocked the Sentinel and have played it a whopping 2 games. I have no illusions about the Sentinel being an easy class to play, but I surprised at how unintuitive and difficult Kidnap is to pull off, managing it all of once in my 2 games. My understanding was that if you were flying, had Kidnap active, and touched a human you'd pick them up. Though I of course missed badly much of the time I should have succeeded far more if this was the case. Clearly there is something more to it, or at least it requires an extreme level of precision.

If someone could provide some advice on how to make it work I would greatly appreciate it. I don't even care so much about advanced tips on to more strategically prepare for and utilize Kidnap, I just need to know the mechanics. Controls, timing, and aiming required are what I need to figure out more than anything.

hit RMB ... after the circle filled up completely you have like 1 second to pick smb up. (after kidnap is aktiv the circle fast disappears = the time u have to pick smb up)
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

Originally Posted by Wolf_the_Legend
    hit RMB ... after the circle filled up completely you have like 1 second to pick smb up. (after kidnap is aktiv the circle fast disappears = the time u have to pick smb up)
    Thank you very much. Gave it a shot and its working for me. Not to say I'm great at Sentinel, but i'm taking steps towards competence. Hooray!

Developers should add some kind of instruction to this skill,because i got same missunderstanding how this skill properly work.
    Well,at least in tutorial there is little guide how fly works.

Originally Posted by Firehex
    Developers should add some kind of instruction to this skill,because i got same missunderstanding how this skill properly work.
    Well,at least in tutorial there is little guide how fly works.
    definately agree on that. The tutorial should have more than just flying. Best way would be 2 attempts on a human practice target:

• First attempt: stationary human target
    • second attempt: moving human target in a straight line
    signature image

There's been a lot of discussion on specific class tutorials and the devs are happy to say they're working on it For the mean-time, just keep practicing it. I barely use kidnap now and pretty much solely use dive bomb

Come out, come out wherever you are!
    When I first played for Sentinel, I was amazed at how difficult it is to kidnap people. But after 3-4 hours of funny games I have kidnapped people from the buildings Just rest against his nose straight into the ground and fly through the person without forgetting to strafe if you see that a human dodges. Now I really love this flying bloodsucker
    Here are a few tricks for playing Sentinel:
    1 On occasion you can swoop down at a very acute angle directly on the body. It will give you an amazing burst of speed and you can carry a person as high and more distance as possible.
    2. You can easily speed up during the flight. Just press “A” or “D” (strafe) and move the camera in the same direction, it is done in a very intuitive, just try it. Also it’s a great way to get up to speed on take-off or go out of sight of vision.
    3. Air Strike is a great way to make a small panic in the dislocation of people. This increases your chances of a successful kidnap and also has a decent AoE.
    4. Just do not forget that when you flying you can easily climb on the wall, just press Shift (I was stupid, and was flying along the wall to get to the top )
    And a few tips for the game against Sentinel
    1. If you see that your teammate is kidnapped by sentinel, drop everything and shoot him go, if you do not reset the Sentinel’s grip you can lose a member of the squad, but if your aiming is lame to get into the Sentinel, it is better to help to teammates on the ground.
    2. If you play against a 2-3 and more Sentinels, a good strategy is one disperse as far as possible from each other and cover teammates.
    3. If you even so kidnapped and you know that this Sentinel have a “Dive Bomb” then try to run under him immediately after landing, so it will be more difficult for Sent to land right on you, and you will have a chance to kill it 1 vs 1.
    And general advice for all players: OFTEN look back on your teammates!
    Thank you for reading this and see you in Nosgoth!
    P.S.: Sorry for my English ^^
    Last edited by Bloodcover; 25th Aug 2014 at 09:28.

Well said, bloodcover! I'll be using some of your points in my guide