Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Chaos Rings Series

Chaos Rings Series

Chaos Rings Series

To me, it feels like Chaos Rings holds a lot of potential as a series.

The series is in a position to start fresh - focused in where it goes, free from any conceptions fans have about it as a whole. Though better left for a more appropriate thread, this is a major problem I believe the Final Fantasy series now faces. And better still, Chaos Rings begins in a time where it will always look great, and can freely tap into the sensibilities of modern RPGs.

I feel like all the little things CR II has introduced so far really goes a long way in showing the potential Chaos Rings has as a series. Plot-wise, it gives a completely new situation of world-ending importance, while still keeping the high level of personal drama the series has held. And all the metaphysical concepts of parallel realities and endless cycles still seem to be present in the new story, even though it's a completely new situation, and possibly even world. The series now has established kinds of magic, growth and battle systems, while adding limit break-esque techniques and summons in the form of Awakenings and Ophin's. It even has a returning 'mascot' character within Piu-Piu, who I'm sure has a good reason to be kicking around in the second game with lost memory.

The writing and characterization seem to be very well done through the series so far as well. It's down-to-earth and understandable, even the characters are placed in truly fantastic situations. Whoever is handling the series so far defintiely cannot be critized for the same reasons that many JRPGs are nowadays.

Overall, I'm just really pleased with what I've seen so far. And really excited for the potential Chaos Rings the series holds. As long as the series stays focused and knows what it's doing, there is definitely great things to come.

(P.S. I haven't gotten very far in Omega, as I was put off by the retread nature of the game, even though I did like the greater focus on a single story. As such, please mark Omega spoilers reasonably clearly. Thanks.)

CHAOS RINGS is now available for Android on Google Play
    www.chaosrings.com/
    Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Aug 2014 at 17:47.

Chaos Rings Omega Out Now on Android
    eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/chaos-rings-o...

Chaos Rings Omega Summons Android Users To The Ark Arena
    www.siliconera.com/2012/11/23/chaos-ring...

Not sure about iOS, but Chaos Rings and Chaos Rings Omega is on sale at the US/Canada Playstore for 3.99 each. I finally caved and bought them both.

Just started CR. Simple, but entertaining enough. I try not to let myself get swept up in graphics, but whoa, the graphics are pretty amazing for a mobile game O_O

What a great game. Just beat CRII. Well, finished the story. This truly is what I have been waiting for from square enix. Simple yet complex. The story is above average, too. Just a great title. I would recommend for ANY fan of JRPG.

Hello,
    What the Android system requirements for Chaos Rings? I bought the game on Google Play, and although it said my device (a Kyocera Rise) was compatible, when I'm playing there are frequent freezes and crashes.
    Any help is appreciated =)

Square Enix Is Bringing Chaos Rings To PlayStation Vita
    www.siliconera.com/2013/07/02/square-eni...
    Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Aug 2014 at 17:48.

Chaos Rings

Last edited by Grimoire; 4th Aug 2014 at 17:48.

I would really like to see the whole series come out for the ouya

Chaos Rings III Coming To iOS, Android, And Vita On October 16
    - Famitsu reports the fourth game in the series, Chaos Rings III, will be released simultaneously for iOS, Android, and PlayStation Vita.
    - Screenshots.
    - Chaos Rings III Said To Have Over 50 Hours Of Play Time.
    - Chaos Rings III Is About The Journey To A Mythical Blue Planet.
    (Siliconera)
    - Official website.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 8th Aug 2014 at 06:06.

Chaos Rings III For PlayStation Vita Also Includes The First Three Games
    (Siliconera)
    - Included in Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy are: Chaos Rings, Chaos Rings Omega, and Chaos Rings II, in addition to the third game.

New screenshots. (Inside-games)

TGS 2014
    - Bravely Second, Final Fantasy Explorers, And Chaos Rings III Playable At TGS. (Siliconera)

Theme song presentation video.

Theme song presentation video
    - Chaos Ring III’s Latest Video Shows Off Characters And Mysterious Blue Planet. (Siliconera)

Square Enix Is Giving Away Chaos Rings For Vita/PSM For Free In Japan (Siliconera)
    - To get Vita owners up to speed for Chaos Rings III, Chaos Rings for PlayStation Mobile will be a free download between October 16 to October 21. The PlayStation Mobile version can be played on a Vita as well as certain Xperia smartphones.

Chaos Rings II And Chaos Rings Omega For Vita Updated With English Text (Siliconera)
    - Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy packs a brand new entry in Square Enix’s Chaos Rings series plus PlayStation Vita versions of Chaos Rings, Chaos Rings Omega, and Chaos Rings II in one bundle.

Aren't they going to release Chaos Rings III in English?

Chaos Rings III:

just watched a little bit of chaos rings 3 on youtube.. they should bring the vita version with the other games to west, i´d really prefer that more than the mobile versions.. or generally should give the vita some love in the west i´m afraight we won´t see any titel from them neither chaos rings nor rise of mana nor agito plus nor saga

chaos ring 3

sorry guyz dont know if i can write it here.. just wanna know if theres some new about chaos ring 3 localization and chaos ring sigma they canceled it?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last