Thread: Gameplay and Story

Gameplay and Story

Gameplay and Story

I have seriously been considering buying this game, regardless of its large price tag. I had plenty of fun with FF IV: the After Years so I doubt that this game will be any different. Though, I am curious to know how the game actually plays. I've seen a few videos, but I'm still not really sure. And I'm also curious about the story. Does it drag you in as many SE games do, or does it fall flat in it's storytelling? If anyone has played the game or is playing it, please feel free to tell me your thoughts on it, thanks!

The story is the normal, run of the mill "cute" classic RPG. Nothing interesting or exciting about it, but the character dialogue gets pretty entertaining at parts and keeps it moving. If you're a fan of FFIII or V, I don't think this is much of a step down. It's certainly miles better than anything IV:AY threw at us.

The gameplay is the real star here though- I'm only a little ways into Chapter 3 and I've already got a sizeable amount of time spent in the game. The job system, much like V's, allows for a lot of fun customization and I think it's pretty optimal throwback RPG.

That sounds great! I always did love the job system from V, making you try out certain jobs to see what worked and what didn't, and of course pick out your favorites. And if it's better than IV: AY I may very well buy this! Now I wants it, haha. ;D

I'd play the free Prologue and see if you can gel with the barebones of it- Chapter 1, which is cheap and therefore shorter, is where the job system is introduced, so that'll be the bigger determiner of whether or not the game's for you in the long run.

Free is always nice as well. I will be sure to take a look into it. Chances are I'll fall in love with it after about fifteen minutes. I'm a sucker for 2D JRPGs, and with it being a FF title makes me even more sure of this. I know what I will be doing very soon!

Originally Posted by Coddlefish
    The story is the normal, run of the mill "cute" classic RPG. Nothing interesting or exciting about it, but the character dialogue gets pretty entertaining at parts and keeps it moving. If you're a fan of FFIII or V, I don't think this is much of a step down. It's certainly miles better than anything IV:AY threw at us.

The gameplay is the real star here though- I'm only a little ways into Chapter 3 and I've already got a sizeable amount of time spent in the game. The job system, much like V's, allows for a lot of fun customization and I think it's pretty optimal throwback RPG.
    You stated that you are on chapt 3. How did you manage to get through Mazewood at end of chapt2? I am really stuck and getting frustrated. Can you help me?

Please patch the android phone version so wasd and the arrow keys can be used to play the game

Having to use a touch screen is a real pain to do when playing an rpg

I wouldn't mind another game like this.

Originally Posted by Jacquie
    Originally Posted by Coddlefish

You stated that you are on chapt 3. How did you manage to get through Mazewood at end of chapt2? I am really stuck and getting frustrated. Can you help me?

Story is amusing, the old Perv Ranger is a funny bit. It's the best Story since FF4. Still no FF4. Game Play is alright. Would have prefered to have gotten for my 3DS.

Be nice if it had a registration option here.

Originally Posted by GaiaGuardian

Free is always nice as well. I will be sure to take a look into it. Chances are I'll fall in love with it after about fifteen minutes. I'm a sucker for 2D JRPGs, and with it being a FF title makes me even more sure of this. I know what I will be doing very soon!

Roght up right right up I think. Very few combinations anyway.

Know this was an old thread but the game was $10 not to long ago. Unfortunately, it went back up a week ago. Hope some of you got it before then...