Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Nosgoth Community Live Stream - August 21

Nosgoth Community Live Stream - August 21

  1. #1

    Post Nosgoth Community Live Stream - August 21

    Greetings all!

    We are pleased to announce that our next Community Live Stream will take place on Friday August 21st from 4pm to 5pm Eastern Time (for your time zone, click here)!

    During the broadcast, which will be on our official Twitch channel, we will be talking to Jonathan Osborne, Lead Game Designer from Square-Enix Montreal! We'll be talking to him about how he got into the game industry, his work on the game, as well as answering your questions in the chat.

    What's more, we'll be giving away some digital goodies! Be sure to join us for a chance to win and to get your questions asked to our team!

    Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by Psyonix_Ryan; 20th Aug 2015 at 20:10. Reason: added link
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    Greetings all!

    We are pleased to announce that our next Community Live Stream will take place on Friday August 21st from 4pm to 5pm Eastern Time (for your time zone, click here)!

    During the broadcast, which will be on our official Twitch channel, we will be talking to Jonathan Osborne, Lead Game Designer from Square-Enix Montreal! We'll be talking to him about how he got into the game industry, his work on the game, as well as answering your questions in the chat.

    What's more, we'll be giving away some digital goodies! Be sure to join us for a chance to win and to get your questions asked to our team!

    Hope to see you there!
    Anything on the Rahabim yet? Or the new map or trading? Hopefully you'll have something new to show us!
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    Will you have anything interesting to say about the whole Leagues mess, or is it gonne be another hour of watching a beginner run off alone, miss bolas and pouncing from rooftops?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    Any news about what is gonna happen with series 1 of ranked or possibly showing off that hunter skin we fought for in the beta series of ranked?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lower Saxony, Germany
    Posts
    702
    Well, I can't watch it because of a long train ride from lower saxony to bavaria... right in THAT time xD
    signature image

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Anything on the Rahabim yet? Or the new map or trading? Hopefully you'll have something new to show us!
    We begged and pleaded to have something to show you, and we do...

    Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Will you have anything interesting to say about the whole Leagues mess, or is it gonne be another hour of watching a beginner run off alone, miss bolas and pouncing from rooftops?
    The object of the Community Live Stream is for Cat and myself to spend time with the community, playing a game that we all enjoy and getting to know each other on a more personal level. It is a casual experience as the name implies.

    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Any news about what is gonna happen with series 1 of ranked or possibly showing off that hunter skin we fought for in the beta series of ranked?
    Series 1 is still happening. No delays or anything like that. What questions do you have specifically?

    Working on what we can show but we'll fight the good fight to bring more as another "thanks for watching Ryan be terrible at Nosgoth!"

    Originally Posted by Varulven
    Well, I can't watch it because of a long train ride from lower saxony to bavaria... right in THAT time xD
    We won't hold it against you
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    Series 1 is still happening. No delays or anything like that. What questions do you have specifically?
    1) Will there be any changes regarding the cash prizes?

    2) If no to the first question, is there anything planned to counter the potential increase in hacks that will come as a result?

    3) Will 2 players be able to play together again? Will team vs team be possible in ranked, (premade vs premade, not premades vs randoms)?

    4) Is there any plans to take your personal performance into account with your end of match score? It is called solo yet your score is almost entirely at the mercy of your team and their effectiveness.

    Thanks Ryan

  8. #8
    Please give us a Short Raodmap at the Stream, for the New Players.

    1: Any news on Realese of the New Map
    2: Tell us about the Anti Cheat Measures

    3: Why isnt the Support answering me at all about the grappling hook wich i bought 2 Times permanent and i still dont have it,....Well at least the Gold´s Away, i see thats its beta but i am to shy to buy it anymore with Gold,...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    581
    When is this in swedish time? 22:00? if I calculated correctly?

    (click image to enlarge)

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Rago600
    Please give us a Short Raodmap at the Stream, for the New Players.

    1: Any news on Realese of the New Map
    2: Tell us about the Anti Cheat Measures

    3: Why isnt the Support answering me at all about the grappling hook wich i bought 2 Times permanent and i still dont have it,....Well at least the Gold´s Away, i see thats its beta but i am to shy to buy it anymore with Gold,...
    They normally release a roadmap at the end of the month, so that will probably be next week.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    The object of the Community Live Stream is for Cat and myself to spend time with the community, playing a game that we all enjoy and getting to know each other on a more personal level. It is a casual experience as the name implies.
    Because of your lack of response to the community about this issue we're all like starving wolves and everyone is going to take this opportunity to pounce you with these questions during this stream, i guarantee it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    Originally Posted by HexMee
    Because of your lack of response to the community about this issue we're all like starving wolves and everyone is going to take this opportunity to pounce you with these questions during this stream, i guarantee it.
    I already have a .txt file ready and an egg timer at my desktop...
    lol
    but seriously... It's not like you're not asking for it to happen.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Anything on the Rahabim yet? Or the new map or trading? Hopefully you'll have something new to show us!
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    We begged and pleaded to have something to show you, and we do...
    So trading is finally coming to Nosgoth? *high hopes*

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    1) Will there be any changes regarding the cash prizes?

    2) If no to the first question, is there anything planned to counter the potential increase in hacks that will come as a result?

    3) Will 2 players be able to play together again? Will team vs team be possible in ranked, (premade vs premade, not premades vs randoms)?

    4) Is there any plans to take your personal performance into account with your end of match score? It is called solo yet your score is almost entirely at the mercy of your team and their effectiveness.

    Thanks Ryan
    1) Nothing will be announced during the stream regarding changes to the prize structure for Season 1. More of a casual stream rather than a "hype up announcements" stream. That said, we will have some things to show you that are nearly ready for implementation

    2) Support and Square Enix are looking at what we can do to curb and detect hacking behavior. Currently we do have a fair amount of systems in place and we will continue to close up gaps where new ones may appear or have appeared already. We'll have more about that closer to Season 1 starting.

    3) Plans are to bring duo queues back but we need to fix the crashing issue that caused it. Bringing in remade teams is planned but not ready for prime time [players]. Ideally, Solo will be for pickup groups where as premades will stick to the Team ladder.

    4) Personal performance is already taken into account (either hurting your less or helping you more) but keep in mind that we're still a team-based game. Having a team that doesn't work well together every now and then won't hurt you immensely in the long-term but repeated lack of teamwork will result in a lower standing at the end of the season. We're looking at how Solo does and how fair it is for the individual and we'll tweak if needed. However, nothing is planned at the moment.

    Thanks for the questions! Let me know if you have some more.

    Originally Posted by Rago600
    Please give us a Short Raodmap at the Stream, for the New Players.

    1: Any news on Realese of the New Map
    2: Tell us about the Anti Cheat Measures

    3: Why isnt the Support answering me at all about the grappling hook wich i bought 2 Times permanent and i still dont have it,....Well at least the Gold´s Away, i see thats its beta but i am to shy to buy it anymore with Gold,...
    When you ask about a roadmap, what exactly are you looking for?

    1) New map? Hmmm, funny that you mention it. Seems like it is lurking around here somewhere...
    2) See above response.
    3) Private message me on the forums and tell me exactly what happened (prior to talking to support).

    Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    When is this in swedish time? 22:00? if I calculated correctly?
    Click here!

    Originally Posted by HexMee
    Because of your lack of response to the community about this issue we're all like starving wolves and everyone is going to take this opportunity to pounce you with these questions during this stream, i guarantee it.
    Cat and I are fairly active in addressing concerns that come up on a work-week basis (Monday-Friday... and I'm a mad-man that works overtime and on the weekends for free). I personally already anticipated being asked a lot of questions (by the way, totally not distracting while playing ) and I'll do my best to answer them. Again, keep in mind this is a Community stream which focuses on hanging out and getting to know the people that make the game.

    What isn't being addressed?

    Originally Posted by SirRudyMan
    So trading is finally coming to Nosgoth? *high hopes*
    *sigh* Now to be the messenger (whom is often shot): Trading isn't going to be shown during the stream. We will have other stuff to show off, though. When our team agrees that Trading is close to coming into play, we'll be sure to post it on the Blog, probably in the State of Play wrap-up. Our focus remains on resolving technical issues that players are reporting, overall stability, new in-game content, and Leagues. Once more of those are crossed off the list, others will take their place.
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    3) Plans are to bring duo queues back but we need to fix the crashing issue that caused it. Bringing in remade teams is planned but not ready for prime time [players]. Ideally, Solo will be for pickup groups where as premades will stick to the Team ladder.
    Kinda sad about this...cuz this will change the difficulty of leagues a lot.
    But it makes some sense as you explain it.

    What are your plans about hiding lobbies...is it still planed?
    And with that I need to ask, what you are going to do for the players that have issues with ppl that can´t stop insulting?
    Is a ignore function planed...and an ingame report?

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Endsequenz
    Kinda sad about this...cuz this will change the difficulty of leagues a lot.
    But it makes some sense as you explain it.

    What are your plans about hiding lobbies...is it still planed?
    And with that I need to ask, what you are going to do for the players that have issues with ppl that can´t stop insulting?
    Is a ignore function planed...and an ingame report?
    We're looking at a report/dislike/hey-this-player-is-awesome function but nothing imminent.
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,424
    Regarding Leagues Season 1, we're going to be responding regarding the feedback from the main thread. Sorry for the delay on that, we're just getting a few more details and answers internally so that the response is more thorough.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    I'm a mad-man that works overtime and on the weekends for free
    Wow, that puts alot of the childish demands & whinging on this forum into perspective.
    Respect
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Heathrow, London
    Posts
    758
    I may be working but sounds fun so I'll try to sneak in when I can.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

  20. #20
    I will start giving you a feedback...even tho i will be the bad guy again then.

    What was good:

    you guys seem alright.

    What was not good:

    -i watched you wiping for 50min...I would prefer watching 10min of pure info tbh.
    (but maybe that´s just me and I am not the best community guy...idc about that too much)
    -->or maybe just you two talking about yourselfes on a sofa..with good sound

    -the map...
    idk I would prefer to have a character walking around alone in the new map over a picture...just to have a view..it doesn´t has to be ready...just get a feeling for it maybe....
    or show us some real screenshots of the new scene...idk...a picture...idk.

    -you don´t know that you can reload if a deceiver is mincontrolling you.......ähm ok...

    -a lot of ppl think that you put more effort into rocket league...since I heard about that..I think so too...it makes sense...cuz the game has a lot more audience.....but does it really has to run in the background?

    -idk anything about setting up things on my pc...a friend set up my twitch channel with me...took him half an hour...
    I must say...if I would go live for a community ...you can be sure I would have at least tested it out before..to not look totally unprofessional
    (and why is the guy who´s not playing the character the big cam on screen?)

    I know, I am very critical...I am sorry...but tbh...if I see something like that again..I will prefer not to watch...so understand..that at the end...it is meant good.

    I´m sorry...
    baba.
    Last edited by Endsequenz; 23rd Aug 2015 at 16:11. Reason: needed to correct myself there..cuz a cristism was wrong

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by Endsequenz
    I will start giving you a feedback...even tho i will be the bad guy again then.

    ....

    I know, I am very critical...I am sorry...but tbh...if I see something like that again..I will prefer not to watch...so understand..that at the end...it is meant good.

    I´m sorry...
    baba.
    No, you are not the bad guy. A minimum level of professionalism is nothing bad to be asked.


    I didnt enjoy the stream either. Audhumbla and you being great people didnt save it, sorry.

    -Even Aud was confused by the loose or missing agenda.
    -You didnt manage to hold your time frame and missed the "raffle" you wanted to do. Unprofessional presentation.

    -Whole stream was too low on volume.
    -Your sound levels were off. Ryan was very low, Aud was just low. So, I had to adjust each time the speaking person switched.
    -Keyboard strokes and clicking are a no-go.
    -Please, do a proper check of your setup before you go live next time.

    -Both of you cant talk while playing as you mentioned yourselves. Its a skill some people aquire when going into competitive gaming or broadcasting... An interview of you two on a couch would have been more fun for everyone involved. You can show a 3rd person playing with the community.


    These are basics.



    About the content:
    -I was a bit wondering why Aud didnt see the leagues not as grindfest only due to the bonus scores.
    The point is that people with 10 wins have very similar score. Doesnt matter if 0, 5 or 10 losses. Or even 20... Actually then they are ahead by some points.


    -New map is always good. Please make your mind about optimization already while creating it.

    -Thanks Aud for giving us some good insight into some background processes.
    Remove the Lobbies! Move the banners to the death screens!
    | CPU 2600k@4,3GHz | GTX560Ti 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | SSD | Win7 64bit | 1920x1080 | EU/Austria |

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    *sigh* Now to be the messenger (whom is often shot): Trading isn't going to be shown during the stream. We will have other stuff to show off, though. When our team agrees that Trading is close to coming into play, we'll be sure to post it on the Blog, probably in the State of Play wrap-up. Our focus remains on resolving technical issues that players are reporting, overall stability, new in-game content, and Leagues. Once more of those are crossed off the list, others will take their place.
    Thanks for the fast reply Ryan. I hope Trading is getting closer to the top of the list

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by Grisamentum
    Wow, that puts alot of the childish demands & whinging on this forum into perspective.
    Respect
    We need to push him harder, I bet he still sleeps, he could be working instead of sleeping.

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by ApollosBow
    We need to push him harder, I bet he still sleeps, he could be working instead of sleeping.
    Shhhh, careful, people might take you seriously and start actually suggesting this...!

    Seriously. I would not put it past some people to scream that he's not doing enough work. :|

  25. #25
    Okay, normally I just ignore ppl that try to hate something better than someone else...
    Give them attention and they will go on and on...


    But regarding the stream yesterday you are just wrong...
    and the reason behind this, is that you don't understand what the stream was about^^
    Despite it has been explained multiple times...

    So one last time....
    It was a "Community Live Stream" !!!
    This means it's purpose was to interact and maybe entertain the community..
    There was no obligation of showing new contend... The contend we got to see was a pure gift of their kindness !


    @various ppl complaining about the contend ("only" a hunter skin and "only" a picture of the new map)
    You guys mistake the "community live stream" for the "developer live stream", that had happend on other occasions !
    Yes, things with different names are different things *mindblown*.


    On the other hand I have to admit, the stuff with the weird audio and no ingame sound, may have been a bit better with prior testing

    Other then that, I rly enjoyed the stream and I'm looking forward to the next one
    Maybe next time I will actually make it into the lobby

    PS: I think I will get the skin even if get the "more badass" league reward skin aswell Both just awesome
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Tags for this Thread