Thread: Better view angle when flying

Better view angle when flying

Better view angle when flying

Im very fresh to Nosgoth. Was a huge fan of Legacy of Kain.. so of course my first goal was to unlock the Razielim clan vampiere (Sentinel)

I was, how ever, not very pleased with the view angle when in fly-mode. If you want to fly straight you have to look in e a straight line, which is bad if you wanna get a view on the ground, to see were the enemy is moving.

i have a few suggestions:

1. when in fly mode, zoom out a little, place figure mid screen so you can see whats happening bellow your vamp.. your not really interested in seeing what happens above him.

2. Allow the Sentinel to hower in mid air, to give an overview of the situation.

3. (the crazy wild card) would it be interesting to adopt a flying mechanics looking like the one from games like, World of Warplanes? were the plane.. or in this case, vampire would always stay mid screen and the vamp will always aim towards your view angle, so for instance.. looking up, and then directly down in rapid succession would make the vamp make a loop or another fast maneuver to change direction

suggestion 3 was really just a wild card option, adopting that mechanics will probably leave the player to crash his vampire all the time, but suggestion 1 and 2 are legit. I guess the point of the sentinel is to locate and spread out humans, but its hard when you cant look at the ground and fly straight at the same time.

Any way, Thx for a so far great game. I had not expected it to be this good.

Just change fov to the max and it's perfectly playable. The ability to hover would be nice though, and possibly a free cam whilst in the air?
    signature image

I would really just like a freelook button.

Yeah I was thinking, vampires technically have less "abilities" then humans do because humans have melee bound to the middle mouse while vampires have nothing. maybe that would be a good place to add freecam?

Originally Posted by SexualPanther
    Yeah I was thinking, vampires technically have less "abilities" then humans do because humans have melee bound to the middle mouse while vampires have nothing. maybe that would be a good place to add freecam?
    That would be a good idea. That + the ability to hover would make it perfect.

Plus hovering wouldn't make the sentinel overpowered, as they would be easy targets from an unseen scout.

I'm not really bothered with the view angel during normal flying routines, but Good Glob is it annoying when you try go underneath an overhang.
    It's like the vamp's hitbox is a lot higher than the visual character.

And if you don't pull it off immediatly you have to re-adjust, probly hitting the ground and then of course get screwed by the auto-landing (why do we even have that!?).

I think auto-landing should only work when shift is pressed down, just the same way as you fly in a wall and start climbing

About camera during flight, when you kidnap someone you want to see where you going to drop them, obviously you dont want to drop them on some kind of roof, instead you want to drop them in choking haze or their own aoe skill, or some kind of deep pit, etc
    But instead of this you have to look at the skies, because you want to go higher to increase fall damage
    So freecam during flight is needed
    Actually i would like default freecam, and for flight control you have to hold button, something similiar to WoW camera
    Also i think there should be speed control, like you hold W and speed up, hold S and slow down
    And faster turning during flight
    Spread out. Find them. Kill them.

As it stands flying as a sentinel is kinda akward cause the third person view. I've had issues where I'm trying to weave my way through buildings and getting stuck on doorways. I honestly think that the sentinel should have the option, when flying, to go into first person mode. Or at least have a free cam mode, combined with a better way of flying through doorways.

I have flown the sent a little more now. Its become better... but its still in a stage where it needs improvement.

New suggestions of mine are:
    -Allow to zoom in and out on character (scroll to increase view)
    - Allow to alter speed when flying (w and s, as already suggested)
    - Free Cam when hovering. I really want to just be able to orientate myself... but i think it should have a risk. If you orientate you (free cam) while hovering, scouts will easily pick you off if your not careful.