Thread: Hunter's weapon

Hunter's weapon

Hunter's weapon

What the best weapon for hunter? Hunter is my favorite hero so I want to buy better weapon for him, but i dont know what - siege crossbow, bolt thrower or maybe something else?

The default Repeater is currently considered the best all-around crossbow for the Hunter. Siege is pretty good too. Stay away from Multibow and Bolt-thrower.

As far as Perks go, Dead-Eye for spread reduction.

Originally Posted by MasterZtark
    The default Repeater is currently considered the best all-around crossbow for the Hunter. Siege is pretty good too. Stay away from Multibow and Bolt-thrower.

What's wrong with the Multibow? It's generally stronger for long range harassment. Doesn't it have the highest DPS of the crossbows if you have crazy good aim too?

To be honest there's not a huge difference between bows but the Repeater is just an all-round goodstuff weapon so it doesn't hurt to stick with it.

Originally Posted by MasterZtark

Really? I think Bolt Thrower is the best, esp with Tinkerer. I'll take 5 less damage per shot and a longer reload for that huge magazine, and of course all that extra spare ammo as well. It's usually enough to last most fights, and if not a couple melee hits to finish does the job.

repeater with deadeye is the best option atm (siege is aight with deadeye too)

So am I right that best weapon for hunter is deadeye perk?

Yes. The spread reduction allows you to start shooting much much earlier. Also on hipfire it is great. The only problem is that if you shoot constantly the spread is going to be insane anyway so you have to shoot in short bursts if you want to hit on long range.

Originally Posted by Stormhell
    So am I right that best weapon for hunter is deadeye perk?
    Yup, generally the deadeye perk with the repeater is the best combination.

I find the siege repeater to be quite useless. It's harder to control than the other repeaters and it's inaccuracy isn't worth the extra damage it has.

I'd advise sticking to the ordinary repeater. It seems overall like a really reliable weapon.

I'd say it depends on your preference and playstyle.
    Multibow - Burst fire mode
    Bolt thrower - higher rate of fire, but lower damage per hit
    Siege bow - higher damage per hit, lower rate of fire.

Personally, I prefer the siege bow. I can't aim worth a damn with the sustained fire from the bolt thrower, and the multibow is just too unreliable for me because of it's limitation to burst fire.
    With the siege bow I can relax a little and take the time I need to make sure I'm aiming my shots while still dealing a fair amount of damage because of the high damage per hit. It's also great for long range pot shots because even if you just hit with a few, again, it still deals a fair amount of damage. But this is all still because I suck at aiming during rapid fire. Unless of course I'm so close I can't miss.

Didn't try siege bow yet, but i think at close range multibow is best. Other situation - repeater.

Man, I just run regular repeater with Bola and demolitions grenade. Works fine for me.

Then again, I play more CQC hunter anyways.

I'm just now trying a Siege, Poison Bola, Blinding with tactician for maximum poison damage. Seems to be working alright so far.

Seeing those 80s tick up is so satisfying