Thread: Where to mail for legacy game Let's Play permission?

Where to mail for legacy game Let's Play permission?

Where to mail for Let's Play permission (Anachronox)?

To (hopefully) make a Let's Play series of Anachronox, I am trying to get a video permission by Square Enix. But I couldn't find out who to contact for one.
    On Square Enix' website, I couldn't find a fitting e-mail address to send the question. I did contact the legacy games support, but of course they don't really deal with this kind of things.
    To my knowledge, an LP is technically illegal without the right holders' permission (and usually only tolerated in that case). I would rather have it all be correct.
    Last edited by SonoraDW; 16th Aug 2014 at 16:27.

Games support sent a reply to this, my question has been answered. Posting this here in case anyone else has that question later.

Short answer: Square Enix doesn't allow Let's Plays of their games.

Long answer - quoting the mail:
    "All content of our games are copyrighted by SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.

We regret to inform you that we do not grant permission to individuals to use any copyrighted content. Due to the numerous requests we receive, it is standard policy to decline any use of our copyrights. We currently are not granting permission to anyone except our own business partners. The Private Policy of SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd./SQUARE ENIX Inc. stating the use of materials, is as follows:

All game materials, including, but not limited to, their design, text, graphics, screen shots, files are copyrighted by SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. Any other use of materials of our games -- including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than that noted above, modification, distribution, or republication -- without the prior written permission of SQUARE ENIX is strictly prohibited. No materials of our games may be used on any other product, published, or otherwise performed in public.

We apologise for any inconvenience, but hope you continue to enjoy Square Enix games."